opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 12. Triad
User Name
Password
Old 09-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #1
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
the few things we can gather from this one

the theme of these riffs can be found t'ward the end of "the grudge".

the triad refers to the yin-yang. there are opposites, sure, but what's the cause and effect? otice the s-shape between the white and black on the yin-yang symbol. that is what occurs from opposite forces, from our "dualities" (the fact that we can't understand the third entity each and every time suggests that we are over-thinking and without feeling). black + white = grey, man + woman = child, etc. the only thing that i've found with only two true parts to it is the fibinoccian sequence (0 & 1). this might be why tool has emphasized these things.

discuss.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: the few things we can gather from this one

Was that post a stream of consciousness ?
I’m not sure what your asking or want to discuss , yes, lateralus is about duality , its the separation of the emotional/spiritual body from the logical one ( as well as the separation of the secular and the spiritual worlds)and the quest to unify them for enlightenment.
The yin yang is a representation of our ability to conceive things through polarity, but more or less it represents the ultimate harmony in all things , regardless of whether or not they may appear to be divided/separate.
The fibonacci sequence is nothing more than a pattern that was discovered in plants ( by a scientist of the same name) that they repeated in order to grow , not sure how that’s applicable here since the string actually only begins with 0 & 1 , after which you add the last two numbers to get the next
(0,1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, and so on).
So yeah. Hope that contributes something to this thread.
"squeegeeing my third glass eye"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

i.e. ('cause you're right, it was a scattered thread-starter)

cause and effect consists of a triad complex.
THIS(1) AGAINST THIS(2) EQUALS THIS(3)

i just wanted to intergrate the familiar yin-yang symbol, since it is not a symbol of just "dark" vs "light" or "evil" vs "good or "black" vs "white". there are effects to these causes. a lot of people don't think about this enough (probably tool's hint).

triads.

now, the actual duality is found in the sequence ZERO ONE 1 2 3 5 8 13, etc. ZERO + ONE = just two values create this pattern. and "nothing more than a pattern that was discovered in plants"? there's plenty more to it, why the hell would tool write on, about, and through it otherwise? (are you kidding me?)
Old 09-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #4

OK,

technically most scholars disregard the zero in the sequence , but thats besides the point and i appreciate your desire to see things in pairs determining a third, as far as the sequence, its the pattern that was found in plants that they repeat in order to grow. im not undermining his achievement , i just don’t find it significant here.
Besides the real achievement behind the sequence was the phi ratio.

TRIAD on the cd represents the final destination of someone seeking spiritual ascension/divinity.

Your entire perspective on the yin yang is off , its used to represent unity , yes there are two opposing forces interacting but they are doing so harmoniously , which transcends polarity.

Without polarity there is no "good ,evil ,light or dark" , its all one.

If anything the message is to see through it all and escape the duality in this world.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

you're saying escape the dualities to understand oneness, and i'm saying recognize the triad to understand oneness (alex grey has a few works concerning this image). my point is we tend to think everything is based on dualities because we see the effects, not the cause. i swear something came along that i just had to adopt - to compare fibs and our dualities (triads). anyways, this entire thread reminded me of that spice girls "two become one" tune, so...

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 09-23-2006 at 08:55 PM..
Old 09-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #6

i dont think your wrong ,i can definately understand your point , but if it makes sense , i think were both right.
im just glad we were able to have this conversation.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

yeah, i love this sorta stuff (thank you indeed), this is where i belong.

and oh yeah...

i remembered that someone mentioned the fibinoccian sequence works along with zero-point enery/technology. i'm not sure now how confident i am of this idea, but i believe it's worth looking into and theorizing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy#Varieties_of_zero-point_energy

bob frissell definitely mentioned that free energy indeed exists.
fact or fiction? yeah, that one's worth digging, me thinks.
it just seems like this "way of thinking" would've been down-played by anyone with power.

:day-dreams the possibilities of free energy:

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: