opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 08-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
What does the childs rhyme/song have to do with this song?

The lyrics are confusing to me to begin with and this part doesn't help. A little insight?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35
Re: What does the childs rhyme/song have to do with this song?

a childs rhyme stuck in my head, telling me life is but a dream

as in

row row row your boat, gentely down the stream.
merrily merrily merrilly merrilly, life is but a dream.

he remembers this rhyme from childhood and imagines its relevence to his current situation. 'Life is but a dream', the physical world and binds of the mind are products of our imagination. it can be transcended.

the song seems to talk about heavy psychedelic use to attain some higher knowledge. on psychedelics, even the most insignificant object, event, or concept can be imbued with the most profound symbolysm. memories will resurface and be remembered with new understings and perspectives. a child's rhyme rememberd could seem, to a hard tripping mofo, like a parable of human history, a simple sequence of words that becomes infinately more significant seems more powerful than they were ever previously imagined.

hope this helps
'zor
Old 08-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by erazorhead View Post
a childs rhyme stuck in my head, telling me life is but a dream

as in

row row row your boat, gentely down the stream.
merrily merrily merrilly merrilly, life is but a dream.

he remembers this rhyme from childhood and imagines its relevence to his current situation. 'Life is but a dream', the physical world and binds of the mind are products of our imagination. it can be transcended.

the song seems to talk about heavy psychedelic use to attain some higher knowledge. on psychedelics, even the most insignificant object, event, or concept can be imbued with the most profound symbolysm. memories will resurface and be remembered with new understings and perspectives. a child's rhyme rememberd could seem, to a hard tripping mofo, like a parable of human history, a simple sequence of words that becomes infinately more significant seems more powerful than they were ever previously imagined.

hope this helps
'zor
It does....and thanks, now I want to do LSD
Old 09-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

"row row row your boat, gentely down the stream.
merrily merrily merrilly merrilly, life is but a dream."

That's very symbolic of life. I've never thought of that before...but now that I think about it, I'm sure that's what the writer of the rhyme intended.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 48

Eh, I think you guys are a little off base. This is getting a little redundant on my part, but the child rhymes are referring to Icaros. Peyote songs. The whole song has references to Castaneda in it. i.e Holy crow above me. Phosphoresent desert buttons. Childs rhyme stuck in my head. Icaros were songs to call the Mescaline spirirt. They were sang to sooth/calm your nerve, strengthen your resolve, all that BS. They usually took the form of child rhymes, but were unique to the individual. If you want to take it a step further, "finding out that you've known it all along" is sort of directly taken from the fuckin' book.

Last edited by Death In June; 09-23-2006 at 10:41 AM..
Old 10-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Hmm.
I dunno why I listen to anything anybody says on this forum...
But if it's any consolation, I agree with erazorhead.
Third eye has always been a confusing song to me.
I figured it was about drugs, because the beginning has Bill Hicks talking about it...but yeah.Ya never know?
I think we overanalyze things way too much.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
Avatar of the Gods (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death In June View Post
Eh, I think you guys are a little off base. This is getting a little redundant on my part, but the child rhymes are referring to Icaros. Peyote songs. The whole song has references to Castaneda in it. i.e Holy crow above me. Phosphoresent desert buttons. Childs rhyme stuck in my head. Icaros were songs to call the Mescaline spirirt. They were sang to sooth/calm your nerve, strengthen your resolve, all that BS. They usually took the form of child rhymes, but were unique to the individual. If you want to take it a step further, "finding out that you've known it all along" is sort of directly taken from the fuckin' book.
No, I'm pretty sure it's about "Row row row your boat"

"Find I've known this all along" - almost every child knows the rhyme, without understanding it.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapatty01 View Post
The lyrics are confusing to me to begin with and this part doesn't help. A little insight?
listen to the beginning of the song---"today a young man on acid realized" and he says "that life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."

So, to me, that's what he can't get out of his head, this phrase he's heard so many times and now it's stuck in his head because he realizes how true it really is.

This is something one learns during/after a psychedelic experience, and that fact adds to the songs meaning, being about LSD or similar psychedlic substances.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

well, im going to do acid this weekend and listen to this song... and find out if i can find a higher meaning to it

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: