opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 06-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

Show started at 9:00 and ended at 10:30. Solid setlist. An evening with Tool is long overdue. Short but sweet...

Setlist for 2006-08-06:

• Stinkfist
• The Pot
• Forty-Six & 2
• Jambi
• Schism
• Lost Keys w/o (Blame Hofmann)
• Rosetta Stoned
• Sober
• Lateralus
• Vicarious
• Ænema

Last edited by fuckno, ca; 08-06-2006 at 11:38 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Awesome show,

Lovin' every minute of it!

Set list:
Stinkfist
The Pot
46&2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

Great show,

Maynardisms: "Hello Dickheads or dipshits"(One of the two) 'Thank you, no seriously, thank you'(Before Aenima)

An hour late start means they could've/should've played for that hour. No complaints, just wishes for more Tool Time!

Last edited by dpad13; 08-06-2006 at 11:37 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

this makes me wonder if rosetta stoned was the song SD missed out on because of the "douchebags."
"Ever heard of Jesus, or Buddha, or Christna, or Muhammad? Any of those guys? They had some pretty good ideas. Then there agents, started trying to make some money on em, and fucked everything up. Never trust an agent. This songs about those agents."
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Great fucking show. First time being able to see Tool and I can't waite to see them again. I made a playlist of the set they played and am listening to it now. Wish I would've been closer to get a better view, but oh well. I got to hear some of my favorite songs live and this experiance will be with me forever.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

it was the extended stinkfist also...i love that version. great show...1 down, 3 to go.

p.s. did anyone going north on 99 see the meteor? it burned out befre it hit the groud but pretty cool anyway.

Last edited by c_lainhart; 08-07-2006 at 12:59 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 02:30 AM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20

My first Tool show too. It was also my first experience ever at a show where I was dead-fucking-center at the barricade/security gate too. I could see what kind of socks Danny was wearing.

However, due to my feeble and weak body I found it increasingly difficult to breathe and enjoy the band. That 60 pounds I lost really made all the difference. I want some of that muscle back. It was rather interesting to see people (mostly you fat fucks) mindlessly crushing fellow Tool fans into the barricades. I looked at the guy to the left of me, he had a look on his face like "if I can survive for 10 seconds more, I might see the end of Stinkfist." I mean, wow, the shit was just fine when everybody put their hands in the air for the beggining of Stinkfist - immedietly I felt 4 elbows remove themselves from my spine. Everybody could see, everybody was enjoying themselves... and then, shortly following.... I woulda thought I was at Lenin's funneral. Jesus.

I realized that being unable to breath really detracted from the show for me. I spent 90% of the time in the front with the secrurity's cock zipper in my face, covering my head from getting kicked (Which happened a few times) and trying not to sustain life-threatening injury. I opted to get yanked out.

I think that the most interesting part was when I was getting pulled from the front - it took two full-sized security guards to dislodge my god damned shins from between the barricade and the crowd. Whatever, it was a fucking blast. I spent the rest of the show acting like a total idiot, freaking out to the music near the back.

Awesome, awesome show - can't wait until the Staples Center.

EDIT: by the way, i was the Doofis with the blue-Einstein shirt.
http://galleryofpeanuts.blogspot.com

Last edited by Madrid; 08-07-2006 at 02:32 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 03:38 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Well I typed a book and apparently I wasn't logged in. That'll be the last time I ever don't copy my writing into a word document. To sum up what I said:

-rosetta stoned I could do without (when Maynard picked up the megaphone I thought eulogy was coming, then rosetta stoned started and my heart sank, followed by the song. also it seemed the mix on the song was bad, the instruments were nearly impossible to decipher, even though I know the song I still like to listen to it)
-lateralus was the best song of the show by far
-tool could have easily made this one of the best shows ever if they added/played just one of these songs: intolerance, eulogy, pushit, third eye.

and thats a wrap

Also, I drove north on 99 after the show and did not see the meteor/shooting star but I wish I would have that would have been amazingly good timing. And when I drove on 152 over the san luis reservoir the winds were INCREDIBLY strong (i have a ford explorer). One gust sent my car flying across 3 lanes of the road and i had ZERO control of it. i manged to break to a near stop and regain control before timidly going 45 till i got over the hills.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 06:32 AM   #9
Flying in the wind (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1282

great show - and they did play Wings... Heard it during sound check, before the doors opened. (no shit) It would have been cool th hear a song (during the show) that they did not play in Oakland last May.

TDN is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 07:03 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome show. I'm very happy they played Rosetta Stoned (does anyone even like this song at all?) Maynards vocals on Aenema were simply amazing. How cool was it that they didn't leave the stage for the encore? Laying there on the stage! I was sitting pretty close to the stage and I could see all the moshing happening on the floor. Shitheads, not Tool fans at all. I'm sure they were there because they had nothing better to do.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed this show more than the 1st one I went to.
I'm gonna try and catch them in LA
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Amazing show. I was on the floor less than 10 feet back. The backdrop wasn't as elaborate as the Lateralus tour in 2002 though, which was probably the most amazing stage getup I've ever seen. Still though, an unforgettable show. I wanted to see them do an encore with something off Opiate but since Tool hates this town anyway (rightfully so - they played the last show at Wilson Theater before it became renovated into some church, and then when they played at Fresno State in '98 they supposedly got in trouble and were told they couldn't return to Fresno) they just ended it with no encore.

Last edited by gts007; 08-07-2006 at 08:45 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDisorder
Awesome show. I'm very happy they played Rosetta Stoned (does anyone even like this song at all?) Maynards vocals on Aenema were simply amazing. How cool was it that they didn't leave the stage for the encore? Laying there on the stage! I was sitting pretty close to the stage and I could see all the moshing happening on the floor. Shitheads, not Tool fans at all. I'm sure they were there because they had nothing better to do.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed this show more than the 1st one I went to.
I'm gonna try and catch them in LA
Dude- my post will probably get deleted, but head over to the SD Street Scene thread. How can you guys even ask "does anyone like Rosetta Stoned"? For me and a lot of us, it's a song we are dying to hear. You guys are lucky because we lost out on it at Street Scene thanks to all the pushing. The only song I want to hear live more than Rosetta is Wings1and2.

/sorry mods
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Great show. Been a fan since 93, but this was my first show.

I was on the rail, right in front of Adam, so my view of Maynard was slightly blocked. Although it didn't bother me that much, it kinda sucked because like many of you, I follow the clips on youtube and I knew where maynard would be at for the show, but Adam scooted over to his left for most of the show.

One thing that sucked was the same at like the last 23145 concerts I've been to, and the vocals were hard to make out sometimes. I nknow the words so well that it didn't matter too much, but it would have been nice to actually hear Maynard carry some of those notes, like he does on the CD's.

I will NEVER again watch recorded shows from the tour I am about to go to. Ruined any sense of surprise for me. I knew what to expect. I know from the show on saturday(and for that matter, the rest of the tour) what to expect.

I do agree, they need to do a little more improv and mix it up some. Personally, I was happy to hear ALL of the songs they did, but I seriously hoped to hear Parabola, 4 degrees, and Pushit.

The crowd wasn't bad at all. People were as friendly as you can be when everyone is smashed up against the rail. I don't know if there was any moshing because I was so far up front. After the other bands I have seen live, this had to be a fairly calm crowd. I was able to enjoy the show, immensly. I also believe that if you can't hang, go get a seat.... anyways.

All-in-all I was pleased. I really enjoy tool. Everyone else sucks. I am going to the Bakersfield show also. Did I mention that I met three dudes from Redding? One guy didn't have floor tickets, but they let him in anyways. I dont think they were really checking anyway though.

No metal detectors and a weak frisk... should have brough my video camera. I'm sure others have photos to share though... but its the same setlist, same props, same setup on stage, etc...

haha, and at the end, someone threw their cell phone up there, and Adam picked it up, gave it a funny look, and smiled, putting it into his pocket. Wonder if Adam has used that phone or not... who's phone was that?... I wish that person would post here.

MAYNARD!.... variety plz? Remember, some of us like ALL of your music.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

All these first timers posting on this page. It kind of makes sense after looking around last night at the crowd. Not much movement on the floor. Hey its better than getting pushed into the barriers but we came to see a show not watch a video. From the looks of things people would rather stand around and watch the whole set standing still.

The band was realllllly disappointing. I keep reading how the band kept everything tight, blah blah. Lets face it, at $55 you'd expect more than a street scene setlist. THEY WERE HEADLINING w/o an opening band and played us their "go to" setlist. Bullshit.

Okay so Maynard can be an asshole but he didn't address the crowd until towards the end of the show. No jokes between songs, no "Hey Fresno, this place sucks" intros. I was thinking that they were counting the money made while they were still on the stage. I saw a show at Bakersfield(1st show of last tour?) and the band went off, so it can't be a central valley bias.

I think they only played for 80 minutes. Perfect if your recording the show and pausing it between songs but WTF, I'd expect a solid 90 minutes, a 5 minute break before finishing out the 2 hour show with a few top end songs to send us back out onto the street with.

We figured last night was in part due to the shitty unresponsiive crowd(actually holding lighters in the air during those sentimental moments) , the location in the central valley:Fresno, and a burned out unappreciatie band that would rather hang out backstage with some minors...

Was it worth the drive? yes anything to get out of the apt.

Would I have driven the distance knowing the setlist ahead of time? questionable.

Probably the best part of lastnight was happy hour across the street from Selland at Radisson's before the show. After the show you needed a cardkay to get in so no aftershow stories. At 11pm we headed for some mexican food since the bay area hasn't figured that one out yet.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome show. I enjoyed lateralus especially, I think they did a great job. Schism was performed pretty well too. I was glad they played older stuff like Sober too. It may have been short but it was well worth it. It was kinda pissing some people off that they started an hour late but I thought it was cool how they started the second the clock hit 9. As for rosetta stoned, I enjoyed it but I can see why some people wouldn't like it as much. I have a confession to make, it's actually really funny.. last night I had a dream that Maynard threw his water bottle to me and I like..kept the little bit of water it had in it. Hey, a man can dream can't he?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #16
Just Some Dude (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid
My first Tool show too. It was also my first experience ever at a show where I was dead-fucking-center at the barricade/security gate too. I could see what kind of socks Danny was wearing.

However, due to my feeble and weak body I found it increasingly difficult to breathe and enjoy the band. That 60 pounds I lost really made all the difference. I want some of that muscle back. It was rather interesting to see people (mostly you fat fucks) mindlessly crushing fellow Tool fans into the barricades. I looked at the guy to the left of me, he had a look on his face like "if I can survive for 10 seconds more, I might see the end of Stinkfist." I mean, wow, the shit was just fine when everybody put their hands in the air for the beggining of Stinkfist - immedietly I felt 4 elbows remove themselves from my spine. Everybody could see, everybody was enjoying themselves... and then, shortly following.... I woulda thought I was at Lenin's funneral. Jesus.

I realized that being unable to breath really detracted from the show for me. I spent 90% of the time in the front with the secrurity's cock zipper in my face, covering my head from getting kicked (Which happened a few times) and trying not to sustain life-threatening injury. I opted to get yanked out.

I think that the most interesting part was when I was getting pulled from the front - it took two full-sized security guards to dislodge my god damned shins from between the barricade and the crowd. Whatever, it was a fucking blast. I spent the rest of the show acting like a total idiot, freaking out to the music near the back.

Awesome, awesome show - can't wait until the Staples Center.

EDIT: by the way, i was the Doofis with the blue-Einstein shirt.
That was me you were standing in line with :-P

Anyways-

I too got my ass kicked up front trying to form a protective bubble of arms around my girlfriend who happened to have bad female pains as is.

I just wish that I would have head Stinkfist and The Pot, but I think my girlfriend's life was more important.

The show was a solid one, however. And once I damaged my hearing just enough, it sounded awesome. I just wish I would have found Madrid a little later to buy some earplugs from him.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralspinalcord
Did I mention that I met three dudes from Redding?
Wow. Very cool to hear about how many other people drove a long way for this show... (I drove from San Mateo...) Looks like some even came from the LA area!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Agreed, Mud - the acoustics were cock.
I'm not a set-nazi (so long as it's a long set). I'm more of a sound Nazi. And, it could have been worse (civic auditorium in SF) but it could have been much better (greek, universal ampitheater). I assume the Staples Center is going to have shit for sound too?

Anyway, yeah, I met a ton of people in back that had their interal organs mashed because they were at the gate. I'm sure in some places it was better than others - but I was smack in the center surrouned by goliaths.

As for actual review (minus sound):
Maynard: He looked like he was having fun - but he didn't seem that into it. Not good for sex, not good for shows.
Danny: Same as Maynard - but heh, he's a drummer - and he sounded great.
Justin: I think Justin at least LOOKED like he was really into it.
Adam: I thought it was cool seeing Adam so close, but he looked like he was really just concerned with doing his job. Of course, from watching videos from long ago - he seems to always look like that.

Overall, they sounded polished - they didn't seem sloppy at all; but at the same time they didn't really "give it away" I thought. But, eh, probably not a significant show for them and afterall, they've been playing for years.

BTW: Mudd, I woulda given some to ya had you asked: but near the end I gave em to some girl and she flipped the fuck out. It made my day.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #19
Just Some Dude (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1330

Did you get a BJ from her??? That would be cool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

It was an average show. They didn't have any props or art work, just 4 screens with projections of the same visuals from previous tours. Setlist was very predicatable and a lot like all of their past shows. Setlist contained all the big hits, I don't know if this was Tool's decision or the record label's call. They should try throwing in some suprises here and there and maybe start playing some of the songs we don't hear on the radio everyday. They started an hour late which was annoying, should either play for that extra hour or start on time. Overall performance resembled many of their past shows, no real originality in this show. This show did not live up to its expectations especially after seeing them a couple of times on the end of the Lateralus tour, those shows were far better.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

I've seen Tool many times over many different tours and I honestly think last night was the worst I've seen them. Keep in mind that it was still great, but in comparison to how they've sounded before, they were really sloppy last night. There were numerous times where Danny came in late and he seemed really tired or sick or something. I am a drummer so I am probably more nit-picky than most, but I really think they sounded sloppy.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Last night was my first real concert ever and I've been waiting to see Tool for six years now. I didn't mind the hour wait or the fact that I"m 5'1" and was being crushed by a 300 pound Mexican man. I am so goddamn blessed to have seen and heard Tool live. Last night was the best night of my life and regardless of any tiny slip up, they were fucking amazing. They played their hearts out and it was magnificent. I couldn't breathe and had to be pulled out in front of the rail...right in front of them. Being led away by that security guard was the best 4 or 5 seconds of my life.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

They were pretty decent last night considering I had never seen them before. But I shouldn't have read so much about their shows in the past. It ruined any sense of surprise I could have had. But it was great nevertheless. Their songs were alot slower than the record, except Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. I would do it again. I was hoping they would unleash Wings/10,000 Days. That woud have been sick. That's OK though. It was good.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Is it just me, or does a mosh pit remind anyone else of a square dance, except with more fat, sweaty guys than usual? I got a pretty good view of the whole thing; I thought I was at a Castro bear bar for a minute.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #25
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 51

DEFINITELY A FUN FUCKIN SHOW. MY BOYFRIEND AND I WERE ON THE FLOOR. I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE PLAYED SOMETHING ELSE LIKE EULOGY OR H. OR PUSHIT INSTED OF THE POT AND ROSETTA STONED. BUT ROSETTA STONED WAS BETTER LIVE.
MAYNARD LOOKED BETTER WHEN HE DRESSED UP LIKE THE LATERALUS DAYS WITH THE PAINT AND BLACK SUIT AND THAT COOL SHIT INSTED OF THE COWBOY GET-UP.
I WAS HAPPY TO HEAR AENIMA SINCE THEY NEVER PLAYED THAT THE LAST TWO TIMES I SAW THEM. LATERALUS SOUNDED FUCKING AMAZING, AND I REALLY ENJOYED HOW THEY WENT INTO SOBER. AND OFCORSE ALL THE STUFF ON THE SCRENES LOOKED AMAZING.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11
Dude- my post will probably get deleted, but head over to the SD Street Scene thread. How can you guys even ask "does anyone like Rosetta Stoned"? For me and a lot of us, it's a song we are dying to hear. You guys are lucky because we lost out on it at Street Scene thanks to all the pushing. The only song I want to hear live more than Rosetta is Wings1and2.

/sorry mods
I asked because it seemed not many people were into it. I was singing along way outloud, some dude below my seat turned around a couple of times to look at me. heh.
I love that song and I was dying to hear it live, I'm very glad they did play it.
Sorry this show was not up to some people expectations, I still enjoyed it very much . I was at the Fresno State show in 98, this one was better. My own opinion. Its Tool!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 22
Yikes! Anyone see me "Moshing"?

It would sure help... I sit here shaking my head. I still can't believe I got singled out and pulled out of the show for "moshing". Mind you...I was dancing. Not moshing...I was not bumping into or crashing into people. Anyway...no point in going much deeper into how I was dancing...here. I vented out on the TA pretty well.

Did anyone see me? Would you be willing to write a statement? I want these kooks heads on a platter.

I've been to hundreds of concerts. Danced my ass off and never not once been bothered for how I danced.

If you are willing to write a statement about the "moshing" you did see going on through out the concert that would be great.

Did anyone see signs about moshing?

To make a long story short...I sat down and made the cops lift and carry my ass out of the arena....oh yeah...they told me I was gonna go to jail. What for? Dancing? Ha ha funny one.

I was on the left side of the stage about 20 feet from the front when secrurity picked me out during 46 and 2.... I sure enjoyed the first three songs of the show. Glad I had a good time at St. Scene the night before.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Ramona

Shoot me a PM if you're inclined to dish....

that pic over thar <------ that's what I was wearing.

and yoikes and sorry if this the wrong place to b/m like this.

Last edited by poopu; 08-07-2006 at 02:00 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 02:36 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Whoa, so I guess that was a meteor I saw then. Cool!

Been a fan since the release of Undertow. Great to finally make it to a show. I was the clean cut looking guy in the CBGB shirt and Docs on the right hand side of the stage (as the audience looks at it). I was standing at the front rail near that chick in the wheelchair.

Great crowd. Tool really seems to attract a very diverse demographic... all sorts of people there. Aside from some temporary hearing loss and that big fat sweaty shirtless guy that kept bumping into me, I had a great time.

Oh, to the short girl with the tat on her wrist that was swinging her t-shirt overhead behind me: wtf was up with your touchy-feely boyfriend? Rollin'? In any case, thanks for getting him to knock that shiat off.

Poopu... about the moshing issue... there wasn't really a mosh pit (way too crowded), but I did see some folks making an attempt to change that. I'm usually part of that group, but I don't really consider Tool a mosh-type band so that wasn't my thing last night anydamnway. I do remember the frisk-chicks at the door telling everyone 'no moshing, no crowd-surfing, you will be thrown out', or something to that effect. Also, 'no moshing, no crowd-surfing' signs were EVERYWHERE. It was odd actually... would they prefer if everyone just stood in place and simply leaned side to side?

Ah whatever. Still had fun.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #29
Flying in the wind (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1282

There was a mosh pit and it seemed more violent than ones I rember from the past. The pit was juft left of center stage about ten rows back.

TDN is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Drove 5 hours for the same fucking set list and same short concert as the "pre-shows" WTF? I thought this was the start of the full tour shows?

I have to agree with some of you other posters here, they definetely lost interest in their music. These shows can't even come close to the past shows we've all seen in previous years. I guess maynard's more into his fucking vineyards than his music. Although I have to say Danny kicks ass and always looks like he's giving his all up there.

I'm over it. I'll accept that all good things must come to an end and that I can't expect the passion and enthusiasm to last forever. I just wish it could.

anyways, not going to bother driving all the way back out there for the bakersfield show. already seen this same set list 5 times now. so if anyone wants my ticket for free, email me, and fast before my hangover wears off and I come to my senses and realize, it's TOOL, I'll take what I can get.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #31
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_lainhart
it was the extended stinkfist also...i love that version. great show...1 down, 3 to go.

p.s. did anyone going north on 99 see the meteor? it burned out befre it hit the groud but pretty cool anyway.
Dude I didn't but my boy did he said it looked like it almost hit the ground it went that long. Whish i got to see it. But my eyes were star filled enough after the show! Solid set. I don't give a crap what they play will see that set again and again till they stop playing it. It's still live TOOL!!!

I was up in the seats for this one the ushers were super cool let us stand in the course between the seats. There were a small set of speakers turned abit to the sides of the stage plus the main ones towards the floor. I got a spot in between, closer to the side set stage right and the sound was amazingly good. And the view from above the crowd seemed to be OK on the floor one steady pit and one on Adams side closer to the stage would break out depending on the song. As for the pit on Justin's side it was way off the stage and from up top nobody look like they were getting pushed to tight to the rail. For sure a good crowd at the show!

As I watched the band I could not help to watch the BIG dude in the pit with the wife beater on. The little kids bounced off him like rubber bullets, all he did was circled in the pit the hole show, a push off here or there but was it very passive in his way. The guy was a tank. Good stuff!!

One down three to go up next the Gorge!!!
9/24/01, 8/13/02, 8/15/02, 8/21/02, 10/24/02, 10/29/02, 5/4/06, 8/6/06, 8/27/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 4/27/07, 4/28/07, 4/30/07, 12/7/07, 12/11/07, 7/12/10, 7/13/10, 1/14/12, 3/9/14, 3/11/14, 3/14/14, 10/31/15, 1/6/16, 1/7/16, 6/21/17, 6/23/17, 11/16/19, 11/18/19, 11/19/19, 1/14/20, 1/15/20, 1/17/20, 1/10/22, 10/17/23, 10/19/23, 10/20/23, 2/9/24, 2/10/24, 2/12/24, 2/14/24, 2/15/24
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #32

Bincount™: 3

So what ever happened to Isis?

This was nearly identicle to the Oakland show in May. That disappointed me. It was great to hear Rosetta Stoned again and I can always do without Sober. When will they ever play WFM/10kd?! When I was driving back home today, I wondered if maybe they feel the songs are too personal, or at least not live material. I certainly hope not. I'll be at the Oakland show next month and hope to see some variation.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the Radisson right across the street from the arena. People were lined up since before 2pm, when I arrived at the hotel. After the show and our midnight meal run, we saw this man in a Tool shirt getting arrested infront of the hotel. Sucks to be him. The people staying at the hotel who were not associated with the show we're probably kicking themselves in the ass.

The pushing at the beginning was way too intense for me. I thought I would manage but after 2 minutes into Stinkfist I figured I'd rather enjoy the show than fight to remain standing, so my husband and I headed more toward the back. From back there I still had a nice view of Adam during the talkbox solo of Jambi, which is something I wanted to see. I gave a loud howl and applause after his solo, good job! I also applauded the security guard who removed the asshead near us that was thrashing into people in a drunken rage. I wish I would have remained closer to the stage, sans pushing, so I could better see Danny in action. I wish I were taller!

I feel they played well. Tool are very solid in that aspect. Like everyone else, I think they should alternate more with set lists.

I had a great time and thank you Tool!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #33

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinkyFrog64
Their songs were alot slower than the record, except Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned.
Me and my buddy noticed that as well.... Jambi was way slower and the most noticable for myself but stinkfist seemed slowed down as well...

On a side note during the sound check they played the wings duo in full so im betting they are going to start adding it to their set list real soon... maybe those LA shows or Oakland or some shit.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

no compalints here. i take it for what it is...my favorite band, playing my favorite music, live...enough said.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 07:53 PM   #35
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

I too saw this meteor, I think it was the band landing near the gig. Then having to walk all the way to Selland. It would explain the 'short' setlist and starting an hour late.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious

Re: Yikes! Anyone see me "Moshing"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopu
Did anyone see me? Would you be willing to write a statement? I want these kooks heads on a platter.

I've been to hundreds of concerts. Danced my ass off and never not once been bothered for how I danced.
I'm not complaining - those guys saved a few lives that night (including mine). Serious. By the next show I'm going to eat Big Macs until I become a fat-lard-tub. That way, when I go see Tool, I can smash five foot tall girls into the barricade.

But anyway, fuck yeah - it was great. Can't wait until Staples.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #37
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
no compalints here. i take it for what it is...my favorite band, playing my favorite music, live...enough said.

I totally agree.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #38
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Yeah.. I thought that was a fucking helocoptor or some shit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Re: Yikes! Anyone see me "Moshing"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopu
I was on the left side of the stage about 20 feet from the front when secrurity picked me out during 46 and 2....
Wow... I was on the rail and I saw when they got you... you came from all the way back there?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenLemur
Is it just me, or does a mosh pit remind anyone else of a square dance, except with more fat, sweaty guys than usual? I got a pretty good view of the whole thing; I thought I was at a Castro bear bar for a minute.

I would love to see you actually say that to the "fat, sweaty guys" in the mosh pit.

I'm really surprised by all the negativity with some of these posts. I too was a bit bummed by the sameness of the set list... as well as the staging and such. I'm OGT.... I think this is my 18th show?!?. All things considered I thought the band was in rare form. They sounded amazing, were incredibly energetic (especially MJK), and the crowd was loud as hell. I skipped SD street scene because I'm tired of festival shows....and I was hoping for something "fresher" where staging and setlist were concerned. I'm not sure why I thought this, but I had the feeling this would be the kick off of the "fall tour" brining about a different stage, set list, longer show, etc.. Apparently I'm not the only one that thought that.

I didnt see that many folks moshing and I was directly behind the pit. It was maybe 20-25 guys? and the only songs they knew were from Aenima.... it didnt get too out of control until they actually played Aenima. some guy ramed me hard, so I kicked him in his stupid ass. I drove from the IE for the show. I was happy as were my pals that attended the gig with me.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: