Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
MisterMudd's Avatar MisterMudd
05-14-2006, 08:44 PM

I was digging and I found this girl who posted this blog about her interpretations of the song. You can read the actual blog here:

http://frapgurl.blogspot.com/2006/04...ed-update.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frap Gurl's Blog
"OK MY ANSWER TO THE RIDDLE>>>OK I THINK I GOT IT... Fraaip De Oaid... is a bout this dude DAVE... mentioned in Tool's March news letter.. see down there..all of it... Birkenstocks gives it away...it's in the song and the description of Dave down there .... So Dave must be a former employee of Area 51...and A OR ET TESTS ON D(which is Rosetta Stoned, rearranged) has got to mean Acid or (Alien)ET tests on Dave... the next Lost Keys Blame Hoffman is Dr. Hoffman and the nurse talking about a patient..coming in.. Dr. Hoffman is the dude that invented LSD.. then Rosetta Stoned must be what commences with Dave.... And to solve it you gotta go out to that rock(reffered to and shown in the pics.. on that rock in the picks if you zoom is spray painted TOOL 10,000 DAYS and a flying saucer in the upper left hand corner) Check out the first PIC down there... and Dave is a hippy that lives out there in an RV because he is dropping acid or is fucked up from the ET tests on him.. ( and after he escaped, he went there to live and and called into the Art Bell Show... which is Fraip De Oiad)

"The Rosetta Stone is a granite stone found in Egypt; the stone was the key to deciphering the hieroglyphs; it was also used as a pseudonym for children's author Dr. Seuss."

OK, it says this in Danny's bio.... "Danny recommends as a device of protection and containment a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record."

On Toolband.com they posted this last week andlong with these pics ... make the first pic giant... 2 things in that pic..HA HA

Question: Can you tell me something about the 'terrible' secret that one of the songs on the new record speaks of?

Answer: A OR ET TESTS ON D
ROSETTA STONED

The segue into the song is Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman.. ) Hoffman, is the dude that invented LSD.. Ok here are the words to both... and Faaip De Oiad links to stream all three... Faaip De Oiad has got to be the first part... definately ... Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned must be this in dude Faaip De Oiad ..."
I just thought someone may find this interesting...
Old 05-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Just Some Dude (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1330
Interesting take on this song....

I was digging and I found this girl who posted this blog about her interpretations of the song. You can read the actual blog here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frap Gurl's Blog
"OK MY ANSWER TO THE RIDDLE>>>OK I THINK I GOT IT... Fraaip De Oaid... is a bout this dude DAVE... mentioned in Tool's March news letter.. see down there..all of it... Birkenstocks gives it away...it's in the song and the description of Dave down there .... So Dave must be a former employee of Area 51...and A OR ET TESTS ON D(which is Rosetta Stoned, rearranged) has got to mean Acid or (Alien)ET tests on Dave... the next Lost Keys Blame Hoffman is Dr. Hoffman and the nurse talking about a patient..coming in.. Dr. Hoffman is the dude that invented LSD.. then Rosetta Stoned must be what commences with Dave.... And to solve it you gotta go out to that rock(reffered to and shown in the pics.. on that rock in the picks if you zoom is spray painted TOOL 10,000 DAYS and a flying saucer in the upper left hand corner) Check out the first PIC down there... and Dave is a hippy that lives out there in an RV because he is dropping acid or is fucked up from the ET tests on him.. ( and after he escaped, he went there to live and and called into the Art Bell Show... which is Fraip De Oiad)

"The Rosetta Stone is a granite stone found in Egypt; the stone was the key to deciphering the hieroglyphs; it was also used as a pseudonym for children's author Dr. Seuss."

OK, it says this in Danny's bio.... "Danny recommends as a device of protection and containment a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record."

On Toolband.com they posted this last week andlong with these pics ... make the first pic giant... 2 things in that pic..HA HA

Question: Can you tell me something about the 'terrible' secret that one of the songs on the new record speaks of?

Answer: A OR ET TESTS ON D
ROSETTA STONED

The segue into the song is Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman.. ) Hoffman, is the dude that invented LSD.. Ok here are the words to both... and Faaip De Oiad links to stream all three... Faaip De Oiad has got to be the first part... definately ... Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned must be this in dude Faaip De Oiad ..."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Black Rabbit's Avatar Black Rabbit
05-14-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMudd

Wow, never actually made that connection, but it seems to make some sense now. The guy on track 13 of Lateralus did sound kind of out of it. I wonder why Tool has so much interest in him?
Old 05-14-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Interesting take on this song....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMudd

Wow, never actually made that connection, but it seems to make some sense now. The guy on track 13 of Lateralus did sound kind of out of it. I wonder why Tool has so much interest in him?
Vondruke
05-14-2006, 10:41 PM

"You may not believe it, but here's how it happened"

that's how the "Rosetta Stone" Dr Seuss book starts off
haha, pure coincidence I'm sure, but thought I'd mention it.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Interesting take on this song....

"You may not believe it, but here's how it happened"

that's how the "Rosetta Stone" Dr Seuss book starts off
haha, pure coincidence I'm sure, but thought I'd mention it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply