opin.menu.register.jpgopin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Reply
Old 05-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TrichomeCounty
Posts: 23
Bincount™: 0
Just an interesting snippet...

Hello everyone at Toolshed....

this is my first post, i thought i shouldnt waste it on something like "hi"



i have read how many people believe this song to be about a drug experience. given the intro of Lost Keys, i cannot say my feelings differ....

i thought i would mention, the title Rosetta Stoned...

there is a strain of Marijuana called "Rosetta Stone"....


this may have nothing to do with the title of the song, but i found it interesting, and i havent seen anyone post this on Toolshed, i apologize if the topics been brought up previously...

-FloydTheCat
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
Suicide Booth ID: 3
 
M.Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: OH
Posts: 3,516
Bincount™: 9261
Re: Just an interesting snippet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheCat
Hell

there is a strain of Marijuana called "Rosetta Stone"....


this may have nothing to do with the title of the song, but i found it interesting, and i havent seen anyone post this on Toolshed, i apologize if the topics been brought up previously...

-FloydTheCat

Is this the dutch seed name?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TrichomeCounty
Posts: 23
Bincount™: 0
Re: Just an interesting snippet...

i would not doubt thats where the strain originated....


Rosetta Stone has been crossed with several other strains and is more widespread now....

research i have not done would yield the exact answer to your question tho...

-FloydTheCat
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
Suicide Booth ID: 3
 
M.Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: OH
Posts: 3,516
Bincount™: 9261
Re: Just an interesting snippet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheCat
i would not doubt thats where the strain originated....


Rosetta Stone has been crossed with several other strains and is more widespread now....

research i have not done would yield the exact answer to your question tho...

-FloydTheCat
too bad OG is dead.
anyways at first i figured it was a local name for some home grown from your city, but i checked it out and it is a dutch strain.
I dont know if it's related to this song though....it has more of a psychedelic vibe to it.

http://www.drchronic.com/images/spic...-x-Rosetta.jpg

Last edited by M.Luther; 05-13-2006 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: link added
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 46
Bincount™: 0
Re: Just an interesting snippet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheCat
Hello everyone at Toolshed....

this is my first post, i thought i shouldnt waste it on something like "hi"



i have read how many people believe this song to be about a drug experience. given the intro of Lost Keys, i cannot say my feelings differ....

i thought i would mention, the title Rosetta Stoned...

there is a strain of Marijuana called "Rosetta Stone"....


this may have nothing to do with the title of the song, but i found it interesting, and i havent seen anyone post this on Toolshed, i apologize if the topics been brought up previously...

-FloydTheCat
Before I start I want to say that I do not look for the finite meaning in a song, I search for the personal meaning. What it means to me. Anything I may suggest about a songs meaning is born of my own experiance, prespective of reality, and knowledge.

I sort of agree with the drug connection, but my rational is a bit different. Look at this passage starting at 9:16 in the song

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sun kissed Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed


Pay close attention to the "Sun Kissed Sudafed"


Call me a (T)weaker but this seems like a metaphor discribing Methamphetamine. In the manufacturing process, where the main ingrediant is Sudafed's active ingrediant, there is a point when the chemical changes and it takes on an oily texture and a sunburst color. This is the pint that the chemical is technicaly Methamphetamine but not completely reduced.

The song, to me, is about someone being blessed with an epiphany. I mean that it just hits them completely from nowhere and very intensely. They are having trouble understanding it because of the drug/meth. The experiance and change is difficult to interpret to them and they are running around in thier head trying to figure it out just babbling everything that pops up.

A self-centered mindset (common trait of a drug user) has created this 'chosen one' idea in their mind because what they have seems so special new and valuable to them. When in reality, it's not that special because everyone would come to this same point just a little less dramaticaly because thier minds aren't self-centered and chemicaly altared.

The imagined chain of events has lead them to seek medical attention and blah blah blah.....

I see it this way because the same thing happened to me on Meth.

I was the chosen one...Jesus...sent to deliever everyone!

LOL

Good times.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TrichomeCounty
Posts: 23
Bincount™: 0
Re: Just an interesting snippet...

thanks for all the quick replies! wow!


i too seek for what each song means to me personally, but that doesnt mean i wont try to throw info out for others to help them on finding meaning for themselves :)


in my opinion, this song does, as M.Luther said, have more of a psychadelic vibe to it...


the feeling of the song does not, to me, relate to a MJ experience.....

maybe it was pointless for me to make the thread, i just found it to be an interesting connection, seeing as how myself and many others see a drug connection with the song...


-FloydTheCat
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 46
Bincount™: 0
Re: Just an interesting snippet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven_waiting View Post
Before I start I want to say that I do not look for the finite meaning in a song, I search for the personal meaning. What it means to me. Anything I may suggest about a songs meaning is born of my own experiance, prespective of reality, and knowledge.

I sort of agree with the drug connection, but my rational is a bit different. Look at this passage starting at 9:16 in the song

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sun kissed Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed


Pay close attention to the "Sun Kissed Sudafed"


Call me a (T)weaker but this seems like a metaphor describing Methamphetamine. In the manufacturing process, where the main ingredient is Sudafed's active ingredient, there is a point when the chemical changes and it takes on an oily texture and a sunburst color. This is the pint that the chemical is technically Methamphetamine but not completely reduced.

The song, to me, is about someone being blessed with an epiphany. I mean that it just hits them completely from nowhere and very intensely. They are having trouble understanding it because of the drug/meth. The experiance and change is difficult to interpret to them and they are running around in thier head trying to figure it out just babbling everything that pops up.

A self-centered mindset (common trait of a drug user) has created this 'chosen one' idea in their mind because what they have seems so special new and valuable to them. When in reality, it's not that special because everyone would come to this same point just a little less dramatically because their minds aren't self-centered and chemically altered.

The imagined chain of events has lead them to seek medical attention and blah blah blah.....

I see it this way because the same thing happened to me on Meth.

I was the chosen one...Jesus...sent to deliever everyone!

LOL

Good times.
All I have to say is damn...I was right.

LOL
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote


Reply

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Quick Reply
Your Reply:
Forum Jump

all posts © their respective authors. the tool page is not responsible for any of their thoughts, brilliant or otherwise.