Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
MypugsAreSmarterThanYou's Avatar MypugsAreSmarterThanYou
05-11-2006, 09:54 PM

This song reminds me of my mushroom experience 3 and a half years ago,without the aliens.
It was the most terrifying experience in my life.
I've done lots of psycedelics before that, and i was a "tripper".
I had very little reference to spirituality and had an idea that i could learn more on the subject through a good trip.

So anyways i took 4 grams of mushrooms that fateful day, started out "trippin" like usual,"this so real....."
and then the hallucinations got intense.not like normal times.something about these mushrooms were fuckin strong.
and then it happened: a collapse.
i couldn't put my finger on it.
i rushed to the washroom.
tried to puke up these mushrooms before their power consumed me.
too late.
girlfriend steps in.
the first thing i say is "i'm not thinking right"
but i wasn't thinking at all.
I died.
no, the fiction that i was died.
ever since i was little i created a fiction in my mind of who i thought i was and what i thought life was and took this as truth.
This is what collapsed.
Terror posessed me.
i don't know who i am, i need comfort, anything to comfort me.
no words could describe the terrifying feeling of what was left after the collapse.

this went on for eight hours.and i resisted it.

3 years later and i haven't touched drugs,
they've showed me what i needed to see.
and i now honour psychedelics with the upmost respect.
psycedelics are a sacred powerful substance and deserve to be seen in that light.
Not something to just go trippin' about on.
Once again, psychedelics are A POWERFUL substance and deserve to be seen in this light.
I feel i am finishing that trip i had 3 years ago,going through it,to the positive side , without the drugs.

This song reminds me of maynards quote a while ago on the point of psychedilics.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 116
A mockery to drug users?

This song reminds me of my mushroom experience 3 and a half years ago,without the aliens.
It was the most terrifying experience in my life.
I've done lots of psycedelics before that, and i was a "tripper".
I had very little reference to spirituality and had an idea that i could learn more on the subject through a good trip.

So anyways i took 4 grams of mushrooms that fateful day, started out "trippin" like usual,"this so real....."
and then the hallucinations got intense.not like normal times.something about these mushrooms were fuckin strong.
and then it happened: a collapse.
i couldn't put my finger on it.
i rushed to the washroom.
tried to puke up these mushrooms before their power consumed me.
too late.
girlfriend steps in.
the first thing i say is "i'm not thinking right"
but i wasn't thinking at all.
I died.
no, the fiction that i was died.
ever since i was little i created a fiction in my mind of who i thought i was and what i thought life was and took this as truth.
This is what collapsed.
Terror posessed me.
i don't know who i am, i need comfort, anything to comfort me.
no words could describe the terrifying feeling of what was left after the collapse.

this went on for eight hours.and i resisted it.

3 years later and i haven't touched drugs,
they've showed me what i needed to see.
and i now honour psychedelics with the upmost respect.
psycedelics are a sacred powerful substance and deserve to be seen in that light.
Not something to just go trippin' about on.
Once again, psychedelics are A POWERFUL substance and deserve to be seen in this light.
I feel i am finishing that trip i had 3 years ago,going through it,to the positive side , without the drugs.

This song reminds me of maynards quote a while ago on the point of psychedilics.
05-11-2006, 10:37 PM

I dont think this is a mockery to drug users. This is just an origional idea/topic to work with. Cuz honestly, what person thats done a lot of hallucinogens hasnt had a bad trip? But... what musician has written about it? Im sure someone out there has... but i havent heard any songs about this idea.

As for your bad experience sir, mushrooms need to be done in nature, on a nice day. Being in doors will ruin your trip, ive never had a good trip in doors.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: A mockery to drug users?

I dont think this is a mockery to drug users. This is just an origional idea/topic to work with. Cuz honestly, what person thats done a lot of hallucinogens hasnt had a bad trip? But... what musician has written about it? Im sure someone out there has... but i havent heard any songs about this idea.

As for your bad experience sir, mushrooms need to be done in nature, on a nice day. Being in doors will ruin your trip, ive never had a good trip in doors.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
MypugsAreSmarterThanYou's Avatar MypugsAreSmarterThanYou
05-11-2006, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-Dogg85

who said it was a bad trip?
who said it was a ruined trip?

it wasn't a bad trip, it was a terrifying eye-opening trip.
i've had bad trips before, this would never compare.
it might have ruined my expectations of what a far out psycedelic trip should be, seeing cool tracers,melting walls and stuff, but this shit is important through the filter of the Ego.
Which is not the point of psychedelics.

Last edited by MypugsAreSmarterThanYou; 05-11-2006 at 11:04 PM..
Old 05-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-Dogg85

who said it was a bad trip?
who said it was a ruined trip?

it wasn't a bad trip, it was a terrifying eye-opening trip.
i've had bad trips before, this would never compare.
it might have ruined my expectations of what a far out psycedelic trip should be, seeing cool tracers,melting walls and stuff, but this shit is important through the filter of the Ego.
Which is not the point of psychedelics.

Last edited by MypugsAreSmarterThanYou; 05-11-2006 at 11:04 PM..
Nate-Dogg85
05-12-2006, 04:45 PM

IMO bad trip is a bad trip.... I cant really seperate the bad trips, divide them up at all.

All of my bad trips deal with my dying, and for me death is the most intensely scary thing in the world... Being out of my body trapped only by the cieling of the house ive been in when ive died, and just staring down at my empty body is the most terrifying thing in the world to me. Hallucinating that the police are there, and my body is a crime scene investigation, it doesnt get any scarier for me than that.

Opposed to an unbelievable mind opening experience where the wind blows and i have this insane hallucination of some monster coming at me, but then realizing its not real so going into a giggling fit of hysteria as the world melts away in front of my eyes, along with the fear i had just a second ago.

I think all bad trips are equally as painful to go through, IMHO. Where as some trips where ive been scared at points, havent been the best, but werent absolutely terrifying.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

IMO bad trip is a bad trip.... I cant really seperate the bad trips, divide them up at all.

All of my bad trips deal with my dying, and for me death is the most intensely scary thing in the world... Being out of my body trapped only by the cieling of the house ive been in when ive died, and just staring down at my empty body is the most terrifying thing in the world to me. Hallucinating that the police are there, and my body is a crime scene investigation, it doesnt get any scarier for me than that.

Opposed to an unbelievable mind opening experience where the wind blows and i have this insane hallucination of some monster coming at me, but then realizing its not real so going into a giggling fit of hysteria as the world melts away in front of my eyes, along with the fear i had just a second ago.

I think all bad trips are equally as painful to go through, IMHO. Where as some trips where ive been scared at points, havent been the best, but werent absolutely terrifying.
Koan's Avatar Koan
05-12-2006, 05:54 PM

Only natural seems right to me too. Just weed, hashish and mushrooms will do for me. This song seems to me to be about the paradox of tripping and real life, the weird shift that seperates them.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
Old 05-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Only natural seems right to me too. Just weed, hashish and mushrooms will do for me. This song seems to me to be about the paradox of tripping and real life, the weird shift that seperates them.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply