Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
A groan's Avatar A groan
05-09-2006, 12:27 AM

Ive coem to the conclusion Maynard took a blotter, had a bad trip, he usually never has a trip this hard..
Like how he says "this never happens to me".
He get so verwelmed with images of aliens and such, he pisses him self, which he refers to in his wet boots and actually sayign pissed himself..eventually shitting the bed.

Who ever the companion on this journey tried comforting and such, like orange slices..holding him.

To sum it up..

Maynard lives in the desert type area sorta (AZ) and seems to have experemented with "desert" goodies (mesc/peyote)
Outside Area-51 he ingested some problably camping.
He had a hard trip his companion transformed to an alien due to his trip bringing on images of this kind.
He was bugging so hard his companion or companions try to calm him, he panics..has troubling breathing..urinates and eventually shits himself throught the experience..problably after being placed in his bed to ride the end out.

Ive done all types of Acid..Ive had ones were Ive left a reasonable mind and nothing has made sense..my state of mind presented the images that surrounded me..Ive had the panic due to a sensory overload mixed with the fear of my visions..Ive gone coma toast in my visions and losing muscle control like pissing yourself are common in deep ventures into strong hallucingens.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 57
My theory..prob worthless..but fuck it.

Ive coem to the conclusion Maynard took a blotter, had a bad trip, he usually never has a trip this hard..
He get so verwelmed with images of aliens and such, he pisses him self, which he refers to in his wet boots and actually sayign pissed himself..eventually shitting the bed.

Who ever the companion on this journey tried comforting and such, like orange slices..holding him.

To sum it up..

Maynard lives in the desert type area sorta (AZ) and seems to have experemented with "desert" goodies (mesc/peyote)
He had a hard trip his companion transformed to an alien due to his trip bringing on images of this kind.
He was bugging so hard his companion or companions try to calm him, he panics..has troubling breathing..urinates and eventually shits himself throught the experience..problably after being placed in his bed to ride the end out.

Ive done all types of Acid..Ive had ones were Ive left a reasonable mind and nothing has made sense..my state of mind presented the images that surrounded me..Ive had the panic due to a sensory overload mixed with the fear of my visions..Ive gone coma toast in my visions and losing muscle control like pissing yourself are common in deep ventures into strong hallucingens.
05-09-2006, 12:36 AM

Someone missed the high school English poetry lesson.

The poet (or in this case, singer) is not always the speaker in the story.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
I'd rather listen to Hanson.

Bincount™: 4
Re: My theory..prob worthless..but fuck it.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
05-09-2006, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPOGOx

Someone missed the high school poetry lesson.

The poest (or in this case, singer) in not always NOT the speaker in the story.

Pffft, just cuz it doesnt have to be him, doesnt mean it aint him, and doesnt mean u can dismiss the theory, sayin the guy who wrote doesnt know shit about poetry. Your head is up your ass again.

I think the theory's got some value, though personally i think he isnt speaking of anyone specifically, and not himself.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:59 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPOGOx

Pffft, just cuz it doesnt have to be him, doesnt mean it aint him, and doesnt mean u can dismiss the theory, sayin the guy who wrote doesnt know shit about poetry. Your head is up your ass again.

I think the theory's got some value, though personally i think he isnt speaking of anyone specifically, and not himself.
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
05-09-2006, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A groan

To sum it up..

I would hardly call this a theory. I would term this, instead, "a literal reading of the lyrics".

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:03 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by A groan

To sum it up..

I would hardly call this a theory. I would term this, instead, "a literal reading of the lyrics".

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
A groan's Avatar A groan
05-09-2006, 01:16 AM

is it impossible for the lyrics to be a literal story..
I mean why seek more out of something if its in your face..

We know what Wings basically gets at..no debate about the a "tribute" to his mother so to say..
So maybe just maybe this is just a personal experience he has chose to write about..there would problably be more but alas Maynard the lyrisist/writer ironically forgot his pen.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 57

is it impossible for the lyrics to be a literal story..
I mean why seek more out of something if its in your face..

We know what Wings basically gets at..no debate about the a "tribute" to his mother so to say..
So maybe just maybe this is just a personal experience he has chose to write about..there would problably be more but alas Maynard the lyrisist/writer ironically forgot his pen.
05-09-2006, 11:01 AM

on the surface i think its about dave their hippy friend who went to area 52 took acid and shat his sleeping bag.

deeper: about drugs in general. incredible, intense, good or bad. physical reality: a humiliation. the cost to pay.

and it always slips away from you, the experience, the knowledge, whatever you gain from it. you forget your goddamn pen every time.

i too have done acid and other hallucinogens.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

on the surface i think its about dave their hippy friend who went to area 52 took acid and shat his sleeping bag.

deeper: about drugs in general. incredible, intense, good or bad. physical reality: a humiliation. the cost to pay.

and it always slips away from you, the experience, the knowledge, whatever you gain from it. you forget your goddamn pen every time.

i too have done acid and other hallucinogens.
xPOGOx's Avatar xPOGOx
05-09-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa

If you're going to cri...nevermind. Just read your own fucking post, realize how terrible it is, and discontinue dismissing every thought I have about this song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
This was kind of the point I was trying to make in my first post...
Old 05-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #7
I'd rather listen to Hanson.

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa

If you're going to cri...nevermind. Just read your own fucking post, realize how terrible it is, and discontinue dismissing every thought I have about this song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
This was kind of the point I was trying to make in my first post...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply