Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
05-08-2006, 05:47 AM

So, right at 7.04 in Rosetta Stoned, Danny and Justin drop this fucking ace riff that is perhaps my favourite riff they have ever done. I wanted to join in with them, and eventually I learned how to play it. But I was thinking, how the hell did they compose something like this, it seems so random that I couldnt fathom how it was possible to come up with that. So I started looking for a pattern. Without really studying it, I just tried clapping along, and spontaneously, I managed to found the underlying pattern. So I tabbed it out, for everyone to see. So here it is!

Old 05-08-2006, 05:47 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30
Partial tab of my favourite Tool riff

So, right at 7.04 in Rosetta Stoned, Danny and Justin drop this fucking ace riff that is perhaps my favourite riff they have ever done. I wanted to join in with them, and eventually I learned how to play it. But I was thinking, how the hell did they compose something like this, it seems so random that I couldnt fathom how it was possible to come up with that. So I started looking for a pattern. Without really studying it, I just tried clapping along, and spontaneously, I managed to found the underlying pattern. So I tabbed it out, for everyone to see. So here it is!

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
05-08-2006, 05:51 AM

Nice work...this is indeed a great riff.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:51 AM   #2
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554
Re: Partial tab of my favourite Tool riff

Nice work...this is indeed a great riff.
05-08-2006, 09:27 AM

I play all the off notes on the A string. Good riff. I've tabbed out several portions of the song, but most of it still manages to foil me.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Partial tab of my favourite Tool riff

I play all the off notes on the A string. Good riff. I've tabbed out several portions of the song, but most of it still manages to foil me.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply