Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
ccoffou
05-04-2006, 09:56 AM

i'm new here.
The following information has not been presented. Or at least to my knowledge.

As you know the Rosetta Stone is the key to deciphering Heiroglyphics. That's our one logical fact. It seems apparent that everyone is making the connection between "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)" and "Rosetta Stoned;" understandable. So what is the connection? Everyone seems to be on the LSD kick, lets forget about that and Albert Hofmann altogether, for a moment.
So there was another guy named Hofmann and if you care to search, his name gets hits with the Rosetta Stone. Mark Hofmann was a professional counterfieter in the 1970's and 80's. He made numerous forgeries of mormon documents. One of which was a copy of the golden tablets which were translated to create the book of mormon. Hofmann's document was basically Heiroglyphics from the Rosetta Stone merely rotated in a way and a few extra pen strokes added.
The next step. These golden tablets which ultimately founded the mormon religion were not just "found." Joseph Smith was visited by an angel, a celestrial being, an alien what have you, and was told of these tablets and where to find them. He translated the tablets and we now have the book of mormon.
There's a just a foundation for you. You can go and do your own research and piece a meaning together.
What is the true meaning behind the lyrics, i don't know, probably wont ever, unless Maynard sits down and tells them. That's not important to me. What's important is how I and you and everyone else who accepts the sounds from the album in and how their conscious or subconscious not only reacts, but interacts with it.

Thank you for your time.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
coincidence

i'm new here.

As you know the Rosetta Stone is the key to deciphering Heiroglyphics. That's our one logical fact. It seems apparent that everyone is making the connection between "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)" and "Rosetta Stoned;" understandable. So what is the connection? Everyone seems to be on the LSD kick, lets forget about that and Albert Hofmann altogether, for a moment.
So there was another guy named Hofmann and if you care to search, his name gets hits with the Rosetta Stone. Mark Hofmann was a professional counterfieter in the 1970's and 80's. He made numerous forgeries of mormon documents. One of which was a copy of the golden tablets which were translated to create the book of mormon. Hofmann's document was basically Heiroglyphics from the Rosetta Stone merely rotated in a way and a few extra pen strokes added.
The next step. These golden tablets which ultimately founded the mormon religion were not just "found." Joseph Smith was visited by an angel, a celestrial being, an alien what have you, and was told of these tablets and where to find them. He translated the tablets and we now have the book of mormon.
There's a just a foundation for you. You can go and do your own research and piece a meaning together.
What is the true meaning behind the lyrics, i don't know, probably wont ever, unless Maynard sits down and tells them. That's not important to me. What's important is how I and you and everyone else who accepts the sounds from the album in and how their conscious or subconscious not only reacts, but interacts with it.

Thank you for your time.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
davelisowski's Avatar davelisowski
05-05-2006, 05:12 PM

This Mark Hoffman character intrigues me.

Did your research include watching South Park?
Old 05-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: coincidence

This Mark Hoffman character intrigues me.

Did your research include watching South Park?
Opticon
05-05-2006, 06:57 PM

I just wonder if everyone would still think it was about drugs if the title didn't have "stoned" in it.

Personally, I think it's a call out to his mothers religion again. If someone came to the authorites and said they were the Prophet, he would be commited. and drugged, and tied down.

saying that maybe religion has been killed by science? that any chance of a "second coming" would be futile, as no one would believe it.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

I just wonder if everyone would still think it was about drugs if the title didn't have "stoned" in it.

Personally, I think it's a call out to his mothers religion again. If someone came to the authorites and said they were the Prophet, he would be commited. and drugged, and tied down.

saying that maybe religion has been killed by science? that any chance of a "second coming" would be futile, as no one would believe it.
Valkyrie
05-06-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoffou
i'm new here.

Thank you for your time.

...Man. How is this not getting any love?

You posted excellently. No bullshit. No whiney teen crap. You fuckin THANKED us at the end... which is great. Thank YOU for such courtesy.

Now to the meat. You've fuckin found somethin amazing. Good find!

You looked past the drug connection and found a reference to translations and interpretations.

In reading this I think I have a new interpretation of this song:

Just as Hofmann forged a fake method of translating the words of the holy and the divine through misuse of tools (Rosetta Stone), our subject in the song suffers from false divination. He thinks he's found god(s) when in fact he is just relying on drugs to attempt a translation. In reality the drugs are a gateway to the basics. His interpretations are nothing more than forgeries within his own mind.

Basically just as Maynard (and possibly others from Tool) has expressed - it's best to see drugs as an opener to the divine and then reach the higher places without them - because relying on them will only give you a false interpretation.

Man. Thank you again. You deserve a giant cookie for this find.

It's posts like yours that make me come back to this forum.

Keep it up! :D

- G.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:10 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoffou
i'm new here.

Thank you for your time.

You posted excellently. No bullshit. No whiney teen crap. You fuckin THANKED us at the end... which is great. Thank YOU for such courtesy.

You looked past the drug connection and found a reference to translations and interpretations.

Just as Hofmann forged a fake method of translating the words of the holy and the divine through misuse of tools (Rosetta Stone), our subject in the song suffers from false divination. He thinks he's found god(s) when in fact he is just relying on drugs to attempt a translation. In reality the drugs are a gateway to the basics. His interpretations are nothing more than forgeries within his own mind.

Basically just as Maynard (and possibly others from Tool) has expressed - it's best to see drugs as an opener to the divine and then reach the higher places without them - because relying on them will only give you a false interpretation.

- G.
davelisowski's Avatar davelisowski
05-07-2006, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie

- G.
a more elaborate version of my post...

But i still need to do research on this before i post anything meaningful... like i do anyhow....

thank you
Old 05-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie

- G.
a more elaborate version of my post...

But i still need to do research on this before i post anything meaningful... like i do anyhow....

thank you

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply