opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 12. Triad
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Not enough recognition

It pains me that Traid gets as little credit from fans as I believe it deserves. My personal favorite Tool song. The fact that Keenan is absent from this track in the typical sense only makes me appreciate this song even more.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:35 AM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Re: Not enough recognition

I agree Triad is one of their best and most creative songs. It doesn't get enough recognition. I believe Maynard plays bass live for the song... not sure though.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:18 AM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

this song is like a giant wave coming from far away....

you hear it approaching....

and when it arrives it;s too late...everything washed away.......

brilliant song ....very trippy .....tool are sonic lsd without the bad effects and the 'burning'.....
Old 05-13-2006, 04:23 AM   #4
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029

Triad is a part of Disp/Refl/Triad - and should be listened that way. I believe Triad gets enough recognition, especially in this part of the forums.
Edit: Hmm - seems like something happened there. Hehe. Anyway - that makes my point less valid. I guess I have nothing more to add then.

I do agree it being a great song... it is, but I prefer it with Disposition and Reflection.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:11 AM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

It sounds badass on that Oklahoma bootleg concert. Maynard joins in on the instruments. Another guy is adding some special effects to it. Another guy is drumming with Danny. It just sounds so badass.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG1RD0R
It pains me that Traid gets as little credit from fans as I believe it deserves. My personal favorite Tool song. The fact that Keenan is absent from this track in the typical sense only makes me appreciate this song even more.

when i saw them in omaha, maynard WAS part of this song, he was playing another guitar
Old 05-22-2006, 07:47 AM   #7
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

this is probably one of the best short instrumental tracks i have ever heard.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Yea, the song is pretty intricate. It is mind blowing to listen to it especially really loudly.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:47 PM   #9
win
Alive With Signs and Stars

Bincount™: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotos
this song is like a giant wave coming from far away....

you hear it approaching....

and when it arrives it;s too late...everything washed away.......

brilliant song ....very trippy .....tool are sonic lsd without the bad effects and the 'burning'.....
agreed
Old 06-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
It sounds badass on that Oklahoma bootleg concert. Maynard joins in on the instruments. Another guy is adding some special effects to it. Another guy is drumming with Danny. It just sounds so badass.
Yeah. A couple of dudes from Meshuggah came up to play with them and Maynard, I think, played a guitar part. I saw it on the bootleg and it was amazing. I gained a new appreciation for the song after seeing it. To be honest, I usually skip this track, but seeing it "live" makes me think twice about doing that.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:38 AM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

triad is fucking brilliant but not long enough, the live versions are alot better such as the live version off http://www.distortiononline.com

they have a whole D/R/T from 1 concert (not the rapping reflection) and its brilliant. unfortunatly its only 96kbps which sucks but its got a great triad.

Last edited by waffel; 06-17-2006 at 03:26 PM..
Old 07-12-2006, 04:19 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

triad is amazing, i heart danny's ride cymbal work at about 4 minutes or less. i heart polyrythms.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: