Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Ertai's Avatar Ertai
04-24-2006, 08:29 AM

i know this has been talked about before on the fourms but i love the idea of it. this whole song is the come down to a trip, starting with the intro which is live a brain overload of thoughts, much similar to a peak of psychedelic trip. then it gets to the point that he is sobering up, forgetting what happened, and starts tweaking out (explains all the screaming at the end)... he forgot his pen, forgot to write down what happened, and he is pissed... they made him out to be a hero, and now its all gone......
Old 04-24-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 107
this song is a trip

i know this has been talked about before on the fourms but i love the idea of it. this whole song is the come down to a trip, starting with the intro which is live a brain overload of thoughts, much similar to a peak of psychedelic trip. then it gets to the point that he is sobering up, forgetting what happened, and starts tweaking out (explains all the screaming at the end)... he forgot his pen, forgot to write down what happened, and he is pissed... they made him out to be a hero, and now its all gone......
04-24-2006, 11:34 AM

I don't relate this song to any kind of life experiance that I have had, but I still like the general feeling I have when I hear it. It's a big departure from the stuff I normally hear and I appreciate that. I still can't desipher much of the lyrics, but it does have a trippy feel.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: this song is a trip

I don't relate this song to any kind of life experiance that I have had, but I still like the general feeling I have when I hear it. It's a big departure from the stuff I normally hear and I appreciate that. I still can't desipher much of the lyrics, but it does have a trippy feel.
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM

i love this song
i have tripped
many times..nothing like this ever happened to me...well i guess in the minutes where it hits you yes...but...wow

i think this song is just fucking superb...wow tool....wow
Old 04-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

i love this song
i have tripped
many times..nothing like this ever happened to me...well i guess in the minutes where it hits you yes...but...wow

04-24-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbynoe
my sentiments exactly
Old 04-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbynoe