Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 06:35 PM

the John Dee Band.....777.....goetia....numerology...if you invert the lyrics, taking every 666th letter of the lyrics to 10,000 days you get the the 23rd part of the Book of the Law "I am alone: there is no God where I am.", blah blah blah.

I obviously just joined up here, i mostly listen to psytrance, i love tool because its the only inspired rock music i have heard in 10 years.

My interest in life is judgement under uncertainty so this is like a mental playground right now for me.
Some of the heuristics I have found here since joining are quite interesting:
"anything having to do with tool and conspiracy is obviously bullshit so I will ignore everything having to do with it, deny any truely rational facts"

"tool + conspiracy == they are trying to communicate the grand riddle of the meaning of life with this music, if you burn the paint off an AO Spare painting it reveals the true lyrics to the real 10,000 days album, even though spare died 10,000 days ago...woah".

when the album is released if you want to learn something forget about the lyrics/music. looked at what fooled you in the exchange of ideas in your judgement here in an abstract way and dont be fooled again.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
its right in front of your face

the John Dee Band.....777.....goetia....numerology...if you invert the lyrics, taking every 666th letter of the lyrics to 10,000 days you get the the 23rd part of the Book of the Law "I am alone: there is no God where I am.", blah blah blah.

I obviously just joined up here, i mostly listen to psytrance, i love tool because its the only inspired rock music i have heard in 10 years.

My interest in life is judgement under uncertainty so this is like a mental playground right now for me.
"anything having to do with tool and conspiracy is obviously bullshit so I will ignore everything having to do with it, deny any truely rational facts"

"tool + conspiracy == they are trying to communicate the grand riddle of the meaning of life with this music, if you burn the paint off an AO Spare painting it reveals the true lyrics to the real 10,000 days album, even though spare died 10,000 days ago...woah".

when the album is released if you want to learn something forget about the lyrics/music. looked at what fooled you in the exchange of ideas in your judgement here in an abstract way and dont be fooled again.
OFFLINE |  
drape
04-22-2006, 06:41 PM

you lost me
Old 04-22-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: its right in front of your face

you lost me
OFFLINE |  
Ballzee
04-22-2006, 06:46 PM

yo soy grande pantelones
Old 04-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

yo soy grande pantelones
OFFLINE |  
chodeeza
04-22-2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knot0fvipers

i think this will be the only choice for those who are bashing the album so hard after being life long fans. did you seriously check out the 666th lyric thing? if so how since the lyrics arent officially released? i'm certainly interested in deep levels of thought as well.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

i think this will be the only choice for those who are bashing the album so hard after being life long fans. did you seriously check out the 666th lyric thing? if so how since the lyrics arent officially released? i'm certainly interested in deep levels of thought as well.
OFFLINE |  
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeeza

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i guess that shows a bit of a point though, i was trying to be as sarcastic on the magick bullshit things as possible.

the book of the law thing was sopposed to be a joke on how you people take this shit far to serious and are not only looking, your lusting for something more than a couple of really talented musicians making pyschedelic music.

chodeeza I assume you are rather young, please analize how you were fooled there into a joke.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeeza

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i guess that shows a bit of a point though, i was trying to be as sarcastic on the magick bullshit things as possible.

the book of the law thing was sopposed to be a joke on how you people take this shit far to serious and are not only looking, your lusting for something more than a couple of really talented musicians making pyschedelic music.

chodeeza I assume you are rather young, please analize how you were fooled there into a joke.
OFFLINE |  
goa head
04-23-2006, 01:39 AM

Last edited by goa head; 04-23-2006 at 02:01 AM..
Old 04-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Last edited by goa head; 04-23-2006 at 02:01 AM..
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-23-2006, 01:42 AM

you what and did who now?!
cos i'm lost.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:42 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

you what and did who now?!
cos i'm lost.
OFFLINE |  
goa head
04-23-2006, 01:49 AM

.....i'm obviously missing something here.......

Last edited by goa head; 04-23-2006 at 02:02 AM..
Old 04-23-2006, 01:49 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

.....i'm obviously missing something here.......

Last edited by goa head; 04-23-2006 at 02:02 AM..
OFFLINE |  
DaMa
04-23-2006, 01:51 AM

To me Blair was simply referring to the artwork/packaging for the album with this phrase. It was just a glimpse and seeing the real packaging now it does make sense.

It had no hidden message about dual discs/decoys/double disc etc albums..
Old 04-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 9

To me Blair was simply referring to the artwork/packaging for the album with this phrase. It was just a glimpse and seeing the real packaging now it does make sense.

It had no hidden message about dual discs/decoys/double disc etc albums..
OFFLINE |  
Penguin In The Desert's Avatar Penguin In The Desert
04-23-2006, 02:49 AM

Quote:

I'm guessing I'm the only one who didn't take this seriously and laughed at this. Good numeroligy work! Great reaseach :p
And sorry is unheard
Old 04-23-2006, 02:49 AM   #10

Bincount™: 2

Quote:

I'm guessing I'm the only one who didn't take this seriously and laughed at this. Good numeroligy work! Great reaseach :p
And sorry is unheard
OFFLINE |  
perhan
04-23-2006, 06:14 AM

don't get a thing here...
Old 04-23-2006, 06:14 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

don't get a thing here...
OFFLINE |  
goa head
04-24-2006, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin In The Desert
i guess so.....damn i was just getting so to figuring out which the 666th letter of the lyrics was......all that time gone to waste......dammit!.....maybe i will apply the same to lateralus now......or maybe a britney spears album.....
Old 04-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin In The Desert
i guess so.....damn i was just getting so to figuring out which the 666th letter of the lyrics was......all that time gone to waste......dammit!.....maybe i will apply the same to lateralus now......or maybe a britney spears album.....
OFFLINE |  
something_Dark's Avatar something_Dark
04-24-2006, 01:11 AM

is it just me or are we getting alot of these threads started by newbies that leave you saying ooooooo kay? wtf? ya lost me?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:11 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 130

is it just me or are we getting alot of these threads started by newbies that leave you saying ooooooo kay? wtf? ya lost me?
OFFLINE |  
tollll12
04-24-2006, 01:22 AM

Quote:

This guys is abolutely right - though somewhat cryptic (tip - proofread your posts before submitting). When all of these "conspiracy theories" become true, look at why you were wrong. They aren't conspiracy theories, they are examinations of the facts at hand, which are leading to a logical conclusion: the tracks are b-sides. It's cliche of me to say this, but you all need to listen to Disgustipated again.

-D

Last edited by tollll12; 04-24-2006 at 01:26 AM..
Old 04-24-2006, 01:22 AM   #14

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

This guys is abolutely right - though somewhat cryptic (tip - proofread your posts before submitting). When all of these "conspiracy theories" become true, look at why you were wrong. They aren't conspiracy theories, they are examinations of the facts at hand, which are leading to a logical conclusion: the tracks are b-sides. It's cliche of me to say this, but you all need to listen to Disgustipated again.

-D

Last edited by tollll12; 04-24-2006 at 01:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Lagomorph's Avatar Lagomorph
04-24-2006, 01:29 AM

they are not B sides.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:29 AM   #15
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

they are not B sides.
OFFLINE |  
themayanlion
04-24-2006, 11:12 AM

oh man BUT THEY TOTALLY ARE!

think about it that way
Old 04-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

oh man BUT THEY TOTALLY ARE!

think about it that way
OFFLINE |  
a788's Avatar a788
04-24-2006, 11:15 AM

im just going to throw this out there....

but i think you have too much time on your hands...
Old 04-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #17
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2268

im just going to throw this out there....

but i think you have too much time on your hands...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply