Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
04-21-2006, 07:38 PM

...the real deal. You gotta have a little faith in the band. Would they do this to us after a 5 year wait? After Lateralus? Where does this fit in the scheme of things? Use your head folks...

There is obviously excellent material on the cd. It's just not right though, something fishy is going on. Why is there all this conspiracy in the first place? It's because you've been taught to trust your instincts. These same types of conversations happen all the time. All the conspiracy theories going on...

Something people may not have thought of:

If this is the album, and it did leak... why would Kabir let us know about it?

That's like saying "Hey, it's availble now... you could get it, ya know.. if you wanted to."

That and it took 5 years. This isn't all that refined. You've got to consider they have the tape machine running whenever they are jamming, so it's believeable they'd put something like this together to throw us off, especially considering what happened initially with Salival getting leaked, and how they counteracted with Lateralus. These people play April Fool's jokes. Has anyone made, or have had insentive to make, a decoy album? Out of things remaining to be done with music... I'm just sayin. Obsessive fans look for leaked material. Five year waits between records make fans look for leaked material.

Things consistent through-out Tool's career:

1) Think for yourself
2) The Climax, or "Money-Shot" at the end.
3) Maynard
4) Danny
5) Not Peter Frampton
7) Pranks

I like the album though... but I like a lot of things. Tool makes records that blow people away. They set the precedent. They've always believed in representing a higher ideal, and I'm sorry but a lot of the music on this cd just doesn't sound right. This is not the same as Lateralus sounding different from Aenima. This is unrefined... and it certainly doesn't sound like they are trying to push themselves as musicians.

Another thing, Vicarious, the only confirmed song, sounds like it damn well should.

If I were to rationalize this as a decoy album, and if I were to rationalize the band actually creating a decoy album, I would call it a birthday present for Maynard/belated April Fool's joke.

From what he's told us, he comes up with the song titles, and the band picks the one they think suits the record best. I can't understand why the _theme_ of the record would be so intensely personal to Maynard.

Another thing, the sound of the album directly contradicts how they've described it in interviews.

"The album is a lot harder... we're angry again... we've been listening to a lot of Musuggah" And I guess Adam got quoted saying "This is our best work to date." HA! I'm gonna listen to Pushit now.

Vicarious:

3. Acting or serving in place of someone or something else; substituted.

It would be really cool if this was a hoax album. They could have just recorded themselves playing the songs really poorly and threw it out there...

Here's the thing with all this... It's "conspiracy theory" right? These same kinds of conversations happen all the time relating to our government... because something just isn't right. It doesn't feel right, and you feel like you should trust your instincts. I don't know, I think the parallels between that and whats going on in the world are striking IF, of course, this isn't the real album. Oh hey, there's Pushit, then it's it's the end of Opiate.

Seriously though, it just sounds like they are holding back.... I mean it's good and all, but... My only _real_ problem with it, is that it took five years. If this was released a year after Lateralus I would have jumped up and down and shrieked like a schoolgirl.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472
Obviously Not...

...the real deal. You gotta have a little faith in the band. Would they do this to us after a 5 year wait? After Lateralus? Where does this fit in the scheme of things? Use your head folks...

There is obviously excellent material on the cd. It's just not right though, something fishy is going on. Why is there all this conspiracy in the first place? It's because you've been taught to trust your instincts. These same types of conversations happen all the time. All the conspiracy theories going on...

Something people may not have thought of:

That's like saying "Hey, it's availble now... you could get it, ya know.. if you wanted to."

That and it took 5 years. This isn't all that refined. You've got to consider they have the tape machine running whenever they are jamming, so it's believeable they'd put something like this together to throw us off, especially considering what happened initially with Salival getting leaked, and how they counteracted with Lateralus. These people play April Fool's jokes. Has anyone made, or have had insentive to make, a decoy album? Out of things remaining to be done with music... I'm just sayin. Obsessive fans look for leaked material. Five year waits between records make fans look for leaked material.

Things consistent through-out Tool's career:

1) Think for yourself
2) The Climax, or "Money-Shot" at the end.
3) Maynard
4) Danny
5) Not Peter Frampton
7) Pranks

I like the album though... but I like a lot of things. Tool makes records that blow people away. They set the precedent. They've always believed in representing a higher ideal, and I'm sorry but a lot of the music on this cd just doesn't sound right. This is not the same as Lateralus sounding different from Aenima. This is unrefined... and it certainly doesn't sound like they are trying to push themselves as musicians.

Another thing, Vicarious, the only confirmed song, sounds like it damn well should.

If I were to rationalize this as a decoy album, and if I were to rationalize the band actually creating a decoy album, I would call it a birthday present for Maynard/belated April Fool's joke.

From what he's told us, he comes up with the song titles, and the band picks the one they think suits the record best. I can't understand why the _theme_ of the record would be so intensely personal to Maynard.

Another thing, the sound of the album directly contradicts how they've described it in interviews.

"The album is a lot harder... we're angry again... we've been listening to a lot of Musuggah" And I guess Adam got quoted saying "This is our best work to date." HA! I'm gonna listen to Pushit now.

Vicarious:

3. Acting or serving in place of someone or something else; substituted.

It would be really cool if this was a hoax album. They could have just recorded themselves playing the songs really poorly and threw it out there...

Here's the thing with all this... It's "conspiracy theory" right? These same kinds of conversations happen all the time relating to our government... because something just isn't right. It doesn't feel right, and you feel like you should trust your instincts. I don't know, I think the parallels between that and whats going on in the world are striking IF, of course, this isn't the real album. Oh hey, there's Pushit, then it's it's the end of Opiate.

Seriously though, it just sounds like they are holding back.... I mean it's good and all, but... My only _real_ problem with it, is that it took five years. If this was released a year after Lateralus I would have jumped up and down and shrieked like a schoolgirl.
OFFLINE |  
Madrid's Avatar Madrid
04-21-2006, 07:41 PM

I thought Vicarious was the most recycled sounding song on the album, personally.

Also, this isn't more angry than Lateralus?
http://galleryofpeanuts.blogspot.com
Old 04-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20
Re: Obviously Not...

I thought Vicarious was the most recycled sounding song on the album, personally.

http://galleryofpeanuts.blogspot.com
OFFLINE |  
KFJ
04-21-2006, 07:45 PM

Can't wait til may 2nd when these conspiracy theories finally (hopefully) die.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
KFJ
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Can't wait til may 2nd when these conspiracy theories finally (hopefully) die.
OFFLINE |  
04-21-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid

Have you listened to Meshuggah? Or even Lateralus?

About Vicarious, it's produced well, and it flows like a _real_ song. A Tool song.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
amateur alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid

Have you listened to Meshuggah? Or even Lateralus?

About Vicarious, it's produced well, and it flows like a _real_ song. A Tool song.
OFFLINE |  
04-21-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Pudding
you have to realize that they weren't working on this album the entire 5 years.
Same thing when Lateralus came out. Aenima to Lateralus was a progression.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
amateur alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Pudding
you have to realize that they weren't working on this album the entire 5 years.
Same thing when Lateralus came out. Aenima to Lateralus was a progression.
OFFLINE |  
BlairLicksTaint's Avatar BlairLicksTaint
04-21-2006, 08:17 PM

There are so many oeices in this album that are in no way from a jam session. I just don't think danny could write some of this stuff just for a joke cd. nor justin
Old 04-21-2006, 08:17 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Bincount™: 69

There are so many oeices in this album that are in no way from a jam session. I just don't think danny could write some of this stuff just for a joke cd. nor justin
04-21-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
I don't know why people keep posting this argument when Kabir let us know about the Lateralus leak five years ago, and it wasn't fake.

Kabir's announcement about this leak even borrows the same announcement he used last time. Sheesh.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
I don't know why people keep posting this argument when Kabir let us know about the Lateralus leak five years ago, and it wasn't fake.

Kabir's announcement about this leak even borrows the same announcement he used last time. Sheesh.
OFFLINE |  
lateral_circle's Avatar lateral_circle
04-21-2006, 08:26 PM

This is the album. Maybe they left out a couple tracks which will be revealed on the album, but, these songs are legit. And amazing. I cannot figure out how all the "TOOL FANS" on this board still think they can judge an album after 4 days, and before they have even purchased it! Lateralus was a 6 month project to tear apart. Chill out.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This is the album. Maybe they left out a couple tracks which will be revealed on the album, but, these songs are legit. And amazing. I cannot figure out how all the "TOOL FANS" on this board still think they can judge an album after 4 days, and before they have even purchased it! Lateralus was a 6 month project to tear apart. Chill out.
OFFLINE |  
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch

All I'm really saying is that there's all this controvery for a reason. No one doubted whether or not Lateralus was real. If this is a decoy/b-sides record, awesome! If this is the record we've really been waiting for, Tool is done.

Or they might just not give a fuck anymore... but I know better.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #9
amateur alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch

All I'm really saying is that there's all this controvery for a reason. No one doubted whether or not Lateralus was real. If this is a decoy/b-sides record, awesome! If this is the record we've really been waiting for, Tool is done.

Or they might just not give a fuck anymore... but I know better.
OFFLINE |  
Alcawhorlick's Avatar Alcawhorlick
04-21-2006, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateral_circle
Didn't take me 6 months. But that must be because I'm the greatest Tool fan ever.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
Banned.

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Didn't take me 6 months. But that must be because I'm the greatest Tool fan ever.
OFFLINE |  
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
04-21-2006, 08:34 PM

Im pretty sure what leaked is what we are getting May 2nd. I like to think there might be a whole new set of tunes, but i'm a realist also. I like 10,000 Days, but I have to admit, i'm a little disappointed with the amount of songs. If you count Wings For Marie and 10,000 Days as one song, there are really only 7 songs. Oh well, its not like I don't have other great music to listen to.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #11
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

Im pretty sure what leaked is what we are getting May 2nd. I like to think there might be a whole new set of tunes, but i'm a realist also. I like 10,000 Days, but I have to admit, i'm a little disappointed with the amount of songs. If you count Wings For Marie and 10,000 Days as one song, there are really only 7 songs. Oh well, its not like I don't have other great music to listen to.
Synergy's Avatar Synergy
04-21-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:
This is the album. Maybe they left out a couple tracks which will be revealed on the album, but, these songs are legit.
It would be cool if there was like a hidden track or something but i highly doubt it.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2410

Quote:
This is the album. Maybe they left out a couple tracks which will be revealed on the album, but, these songs are legit.
It would be cool if there was like a hidden track or something but i highly doubt it.
04-21-2006, 08:52 PM

I don't see how this could be a decoy album. The song 10,000 Days is intensely personal to Maynard (and also extremely well done in my opinion) so I highly doubt they would throw that on a decoy or b-sides album. It just doesn't make sense. And despite what some people are saying, I think the musicianship on the album (vocals too) is amazing and very tight. Maybe my perspective is skewed because I am a musician myself, but I can definitely tell that some serious effort was put into those things. Drums anyone?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

I don't see how this could be a decoy album. The song 10,000 Days is intensely personal to Maynard (and also extremely well done in my opinion) so I highly doubt they would throw that on a decoy or b-sides album. It just doesn't make sense. And despite what some people are saying, I think the musicianship on the album (vocals too) is amazing and very tight. Maybe my perspective is skewed because I am a musician myself, but I can definitely tell that some serious effort was put into those things. Drums anyone?
OFFLINE |  
04-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares
These people have been playing music for a while... so many shows. They can just jam together and it will be tight. They take psychadelic drugs and tap into each others subconscious.

It was so real...
Old 04-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #14
amateur alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares
These people have been playing music for a while... so many shows. They can just jam together and it will be tight. They take psychadelic drugs and tap into each others subconscious.

It was so real...
OFFLINE |  
perhan
04-21-2006, 08:59 PM

a hoax, i hope.i feel. i belive.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

a hoax, i hope.i feel. i belive.
OFFLINE |  
04-21-2006, 09:09 PM

I trust the band.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #16
amateur alchemist

I trust the band.
OFFLINE |  
xDxOxNx
04-22-2006, 06:06 AM

another weird coincidence.....

When I read Peter Frampton in the poster's post I was listening to Jambi and Adam started to play his talk box, Framton is famous for his talk box)....This is the second coincidece I have had with this song and the forums during the SAME listening.....The first had to do with the "would I" line of Jambi and an eye......here's the link:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=949131#post949131

Maybe I'm just drunk, but....yeah I'm just drunk. Still a coincidence though!!!

Last edited by xDxOxNx; 04-22-2006 at 06:28 AM..
Old 04-22-2006, 06:06 AM   #17
Level 2 - Poster

another weird coincidence.....

When I read Peter Frampton in the poster's post I was listening to Jambi and Adam started to play his talk box, Framton is famous for his talk box)....This is the second coincidece I have had with this song and the forums during the SAME listening.....The first had to do with the "would I" line of Jambi and an eye......here's the link:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=949131#post949131

Maybe I'm just drunk, but....yeah I'm just drunk. Still a coincidence though!!!

Last edited by xDxOxNx; 04-22-2006 at 06:28 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply