Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Rotating_Energy_Field's Avatar Rotating_Energy_Field
04-21-2006, 09:54 AM

Not so long ago we were all debating whether this new album would be a double album, why is it so hard to imagine that it was intended to be but then the band changed there minds and said 'hey, lets fuck around with them and use one half of the album as a decoy and leak it'. Personally I would love it if that was true, not because I don't like what I've heard from the leak but just because we would essentially get two new albums for the price of one.

On May 2nd if this album comes out and it's exactly the same as the leak then I will be very surprised, the least that I'm expecting is a different track listing and artwork.

And why haven't the band made any comments about the leakage? In the past they've been mega secretive and protected the material as if there lives depended on it.

This 'leak' thing is a wind-up. It is indeed a real Tool album but it is not the Tool album that I'm expecting to buy on May 2nd!

....Maybe :)
Old 04-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
The Revolutionary Hoax

Not so long ago we were all debating whether this new album would be a double album, why is it so hard to imagine that it was intended to be but then the band changed there minds and said 'hey, lets fuck around with them and use one half of the album as a decoy and leak it'. Personally I would love it if that was true, not because I don't like what I've heard from the leak but just because we would essentially get two new albums for the price of one.

On May 2nd if this album comes out and it's exactly the same as the leak then I will be very surprised, the least that I'm expecting is a different track listing and artwork.

And why haven't the band made any comments about the leakage? In the past they've been mega secretive and protected the material as if there lives depended on it.

This 'leak' thing is a wind-up. It is indeed a real Tool album but it is not the Tool album that I'm expecting to buy on May 2nd!

....Maybe :)
OFFLINE |  
Descencia's Avatar Descencia
04-21-2006, 10:03 AM

I think that a lot of ideas were bandied about such as a double album and a decoy album which is essentially the same thing, but both were abandoned at some point and whatever they were working on evolved into this 'album'. As I have already stated in earlier posts, Vicarious definitely seems to be a track from new writing sessions but the rest is all unused material. There is no other CD coming out. The leak is the album.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13
Re: The Revolutionary Hoax

I think that a lot of ideas were bandied about such as a double album and a decoy album which is essentially the same thing, but both were abandoned at some point and whatever they were working on evolved into this 'album'. As I have already stated in earlier posts, Vicarious definitely seems to be a track from new writing sessions but the rest is all unused material. There is no other CD coming out. The leak is the album.
OFFLINE |  
Perseensilmä's Avatar Perseensilmä
04-21-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descencia
As I have already stated in earlier posts, Vicarious definitely seems to be a track from new writing sessions
It seems to me that you should go see an optician in the case it seems so to you, you see.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 3773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descencia
As I have already stated in earlier posts, Vicarious definitely seems to be a track from new writing sessions
It seems to me that you should go see an optician in the case it seems so to you, you see.
04-21-2006, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseensilmä
Are you ok?
Old 04-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseensilmä
Are you ok?
OFFLINE |  
kyyuulle's Avatar kyyuulle
04-21-2006, 10:37 AM

it would definitely be an interesting marketing strategy
Old 04-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

it would definitely be an interesting marketing strategy
OFFLINE |  
G|Sus
04-21-2006, 10:42 AM

I'm just curious: How many threads like this you see here in tdn?? I wont bother to count them but it seems that 1/3 hoax theories 1/3 leak is great 1/3 leak sucks

What Im saying is that all you guys do is go round and round and never actually GET anywhere. So why bother, May 2nd....................
Old 04-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I'm just curious: How many threads like this you see here in tdn?? I wont bother to count them but it seems that 1/3 hoax theories 1/3 leak is great 1/3 leak sucks

What Im saying is that all you guys do is go round and round and never actually GET anywhere. So why bother, May 2nd....................

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply