Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
DaMa
04-21-2006, 06:24 AM

Today i have been at the official Mandala page here:

http://synesthesiacorp.com/home.html

Is this Danny playing? I think so and it sounds totally awesome. As we know, they created it to be used on their new album. Where can you hear that mandala on the album? I cant hear it and if the leak is the real deal, then i dont understand why it isnt used more often! I really liked the leaked version but after seeing these clips of Danny playing i must say i miss this on the album, ALOT.

Or is it used somewhere and i simply cant hear it?!
I think its in Rosetta Stoned, but far away from sounding like those promo clips.
I love Danny Carey's playing and he and others invented that thing, so why the fuck isnt it used properly on the album? I dont get it.
Right in Two was that percussion passage, but that simply reminds me of Pushit live and i doubt its that mandala drum.

I am no expert in music, so can you enlighten me if its used on the album and i just dont hear it?!

Last edited by DaMa; 04-21-2006 at 06:27 AM..
Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Mandala Usage

Today i have been at the official Mandala page here:

http://synesthesiacorp.com/home.html

Is this Danny playing? I think so and it sounds totally awesome. As we know, they created it to be used on their new album. Where can you hear that mandala on the album? I cant hear it and if the leak is the real deal, then i dont understand why it isnt used more often! I really liked the leaked version but after seeing these clips of Danny playing i must say i miss this on the album, ALOT.

Or is it used somewhere and i simply cant hear it?!
I think its in Rosetta Stoned, but far away from sounding like those promo clips.
I love Danny Carey's playing and he and others invented that thing, so why the fuck isnt it used properly on the album? I dont get it.
Right in Two was that percussion passage, but that simply reminds me of Pushit live and i doubt its that mandala drum.

I am no expert in music, so can you enlighten me if its used on the album and i just dont hear it?!

Last edited by DaMa; 04-21-2006 at 06:27 AM..
OFFLINE |  
04-21-2006, 08:26 AM

The most obvious usage of it is at the end of Intension.

The Lux Ferous and Steam Noire.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Mandala Usage

The most obvious usage of it is at the end of Intension.

The Lux Ferous and Steam Noire.
OFFLINE |  
Neel's Avatar Neel
04-21-2006, 08:32 AM

Yeah, the mandala pads are used a lot, but they have different sounds.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
Just chillin

Bincount™: 16

Yeah, the mandala pads are used a lot, but they have different sounds.
OFFLINE |  
DaMa
04-21-2006, 08:51 AM

ALOT? Then please tell me in which songs and at what time exactly.

That stuff in Intension is done by the mandala? Hm, i wish they used it in a different way then. Sounds too electronical then. at least to me
Old 04-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 9

ALOT? Then please tell me in which songs and at what time exactly.

That stuff in Intension is done by the mandala? Hm, i wish they used it in a different way then. Sounds too electronical then. at least to me
OFFLINE |  
Dogma Slayer
04-21-2006, 10:05 AM

They are not used that frequently because, in my humble opinion, what has been leaked and downloaded by some, is not the new c/d it will be extensively used on. You will have to wait until May, and you will know it when you hear it. In fact, the lack of reviews regarding its use is all the evidence I need to support my theory. Danny is too good, period.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

They are not used that frequently because, in my humble opinion, what has been leaked and downloaded by some, is not the new c/d it will be extensively used on. You will have to wait until May, and you will know it when you hear it. In fact, the lack of reviews regarding its use is all the evidence I need to support my theory. Danny is too good, period.
OFFLINE |  
TJP's Avatar TJP
04-21-2006, 11:23 AM

has anyone noticed the planets in the back groundand the drum is lined up with saturn??? might be danny. but wot do i know im new
Old 04-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #6
TJP
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

has anyone noticed the planets in the back groundand the drum is lined up with saturn??? might be danny. but wot do i know im new
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply