Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 10:52 PM

Ok, this is a long shot, but I will give it a go. Feel free to move to the rumor section at any time.
Tool have been talking for a long time about going Independant, right? I know that after the debacle with the whole law suit and all, if it were me, I'd be hanging to go independant, and I'd wanna fuck over the record company as a final fuck you.
Now, we have heard Blair talking about recording the fake album, and the real album, yeah. What if there were two recordings done, one with the record company (fake but real), and one done entirely independant (real but fake).
A little while ago, I was in Tool Chat, and Blair popped in. I didnt believe it was him, so I copied the chat into notepad, and fair enough, his name was spelled correctly, not substituting any letters for other letters that look the same. He was continually talking about the real album that was fake, and the real one that is fake, but sounds better. I think that this is quite feasable.
There is also the talk of Blair leaking the album himself, which i dont see any valid evidence yet, but it is a possibility.
I have always said that the leaks may have been done on purpose. To leave a secure FTP open, that is never done accidentally, especially when holding such precious cargo. And as far as the album, maybe they just anticipated that it would happen, and that it would just pull the wool over our eyes, and not expect that there is a real (but fake) independant release out there.
Think about it, an artist has way, WAY more control over an independant release, they control everything. And even if they dont want people to know about it, there is no publicity comittments to say that they have to. I think that Tool would be smart enough to do it... pehaps I am just dumb enough to think of it. Flame away.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
Fake/Independent theory

Ok, this is a long shot, but I will give it a go. Feel free to move to the rumor section at any time.
Tool have been talking for a long time about going Independant, right? I know that after the debacle with the whole law suit and all, if it were me, I'd be hanging to go independant, and I'd wanna fuck over the record company as a final fuck you.
Now, we have heard Blair talking about recording the fake album, and the real album, yeah. What if there were two recordings done, one with the record company (fake but real), and one done entirely independant (real but fake).
A little while ago, I was in Tool Chat, and Blair popped in. I didnt believe it was him, so I copied the chat into notepad, and fair enough, his name was spelled correctly, not substituting any letters for other letters that look the same. He was continually talking about the real album that was fake, and the real one that is fake, but sounds better. I think that this is quite feasable.
There is also the talk of Blair leaking the album himself, which i dont see any valid evidence yet, but it is a possibility.
I have always said that the leaks may have been done on purpose. To leave a secure FTP open, that is never done accidentally, especially when holding such precious cargo. And as far as the album, maybe they just anticipated that it would happen, and that it would just pull the wool over our eyes, and not expect that there is a real (but fake) independant release out there.
Think about it, an artist has way, WAY more control over an independant release, they control everything. And even if they dont want people to know about it, there is no publicity comittments to say that they have to. I think that Tool would be smart enough to do it... pehaps I am just dumb enough to think of it. Flame away.
OFFLINE |  
SoulEdge's Avatar SoulEdge
04-19-2006, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_THE_HAT
A little while ago, I was in Tool Chat, and Blair popped in. I didnt believe it was him, so I copied the chat into notepad, and fair enough, his name was spelled correctly, not substituting any letters for other letters that look the same. He was continually talking about the real album that was fake, and the real one that is fake, but sounds better.
Post that please.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19
Re: Fake/Independant theory

Quote:
A little while ago, I was in Tool Chat, and Blair popped in. I didnt believe it was him, so I copied the chat into notepad, and fair enough, his name was spelled correctly, not substituting any letters for other letters that look the same. He was continually talking about the real album that was fake, and the real one that is fake, but sounds better.
Post that please.
04-19-2006, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Post the chat.

edit: beat me to it souledge. ;)
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Post the chat.

edit: beat me to it souledge. ;)
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
04-19-2006, 10:57 PM

you will have zero credibility until you post that conversation, undoctored up.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

04-19-2006, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulEdge
Post that please.
i didnt save the file, it was a crappy note pad thing, and i didnt realise the importance of it until reading other theories on the hoax.
Either way, this is just one of a thousand possibilities, and it might even just be Blair fucking with us, yet again, to make us think otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
Even if I did post the chat, anyone could doctor it up, so there is no real point anyway. I'd be losing my credability either way. I am sure other people who are in here would have been in on the chat, it was pretty damn full in there that day. Was in Tool Speak in their chat.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Post that please.
i didnt save the file, it was a crappy note pad thing, and i didnt realise the importance of it until reading other theories on the hoax.
Either way, this is just one of a thousand possibilities, and it might even just be Blair fucking with us, yet again, to make us think otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
Even if I did post the chat, anyone could doctor it up, so there is no real point anyway. I'd be losing my credability either way. I am sure other people who are in here would have been in on the chat, it was pretty damn full in there that day. Was in Tool Speak in their chat.
OFFLINE |  
*see*you*auntie*'s Avatar *see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
it might even just be Blair fucking with us, yet again, to make us think otherwise..
That I can see.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #6

Quote:
it might even just be Blair fucking with us, yet again, to make us think otherwise..
That I can see.
OFFLINE |  
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal

Quote:

without it, this thread is anti-climatic, and will probably be sent to the rumors
Old 04-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Quote:

without it, this thread is anti-climatic, and will probably be sent to the rumors

Quote:
it might even just be Blair fucking with us, yet again, to make us think otherwise.
As said by many others, Blair is an incoherent, babbling vagina. I would take whatever he says with a grain or 10,000 of salt.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
it might even just be Blair fucking with us, yet again, to make us think otherwise.
As said by many others, Blair is an incoherent, babbling vagina. I would take whatever he says with a grain or 10,000 of salt.
04-19-2006, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Very true, very true. I always take what he says with a very large grain of salt, but in the end, he knows more than we do, and if I were him, I'd play on it too! I'd fuckin love to be Blair! I just think that there are alot of things that link up with this.
Another point is that, this album is fucking great!! It is insane!! But it is so different to anything they have ever done! The production is different as well. What if this was the independant album?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Very true, very true. I always take what he says with a very large grain of salt, but in the end, he knows more than we do, and if I were him, I'd play on it too! I'd fuckin love to be Blair! I just think that there are alot of things that link up with this.
Another point is that, this album is fucking great!! It is insane!! But it is so different to anything they have ever done! The production is different as well. What if this was the independant album?
OFFLINE |  
SoulEdge's Avatar SoulEdge
04-19-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:
The production is different as well. What if this was the independant album?
From my listening experience, (heavier) bands that produce records themselves are most likely not able to reach the same sound they would with a producer or a record contract.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
The production is different as well. What if this was the independant album?
From my listening experience, (heavier) bands that produce records themselves are most likely not able to reach the same sound they would with a producer or a record contract.
04-20-2006, 12:02 AM

This is Tool though... lol
Old 04-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

This is Tool though... lol
OFFLINE |  
F!end's Avatar F!end
04-20-2006, 12:31 AM

What if he post the chat?
What if he made it all up?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 AM   #12

Bincount™: 7

04-20-2006, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!end
You can believe what you want mate, but dont go so far as to call me a liar. If I posted the chat, it leaves room for everyone to say I doctored it. I only cut a snippet of the chat into Notepad to see if it was Blair or not. Alot of people use a lower case L to make the name Blair look legit in Tool Chat, and note pad shows the difference between a lower case L and an upper case I.

Belive as you will, but dont call me a liar.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:45 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!end
You can believe what you want mate, but dont go so far as to call me a liar. If I posted the chat, it leaves room for everyone to say I doctored it. I only cut a snippet of the chat into Notepad to see if it was Blair or not. Alot of people use a lower case L to make the name Blair look legit in Tool Chat, and note pad shows the difference between a lower case L and an upper case I.

OFFLINE |  
DirtyBanana's Avatar DirtyBanana
04-20-2006, 12:50 AM

I really don´t believe in all these decoy-conspiracies,but i have to say that it would be the coolest shit ever if true.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 139

I really don´t believe in all these decoy-conspiracies,but i have to say that it would be the coolest shit ever if true.
04-20-2006, 12:58 AM

I would be stoked if this was a fecoy. If this was a decoy, it would be huge!!

Think about it. At the moment, we think Tool are all pissed off because the album leaked. Most likely correct. But what if they are all just watching us and laughing, because the album hasnt touched the internet yet. Then when release day comes, we all open the CD, put it in the player, and laugh at ourselves, for the fact that the best April Fools Joke ever has just been played on us.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:58 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

I would be stoked if this was a fecoy. If this was a decoy, it would be huge!!

Think about it. At the moment, we think Tool are all pissed off because the album leaked. Most likely correct. But what if they are all just watching us and laughing, because the album hasnt touched the internet yet. Then when release day comes, we all open the CD, put it in the player, and laugh at ourselves, for the fact that the best April Fools Joke ever has just been played on us.
OFFLINE |  
DirtyBanana's Avatar DirtyBanana
04-20-2006, 01:05 AM

RHCP - Stardium Arcadium hasn´t leaked either.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:05 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 139

04-20-2006, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBanana
That is because fans of the RHCP dont know what the internet is. It has leaked.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:07 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBanana
OFFLINE |  
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-20-2006, 03:30 AM

"but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design."

Now heres a logical and far more plausible explanation for this statement. You are getting this all the wrong way round. This statement was made to confound bootleggers not a fake album, if they wanted to make a fake album they would not have told us. This statement was made to create confusion surrounding the inevitable leak (Blair knowing full well the powerful rumour mill he is very good at creating) so more who download it will be inclined to buy it just in case. See this a much cheaper way to throw us off, and my god it really has worked.

Think about it;
Adam-"Oh no Maynard how do we avoid leaks? Noone will be buy our album.*cries*"

Maynard-"Just tell them we recorded a fake one, then theyll buy it just in case, fuck em if they are dissapointed its the same, we spent two years on this shit, they shouldnt have downloaded it in the first place. Fuckin leaches."

Now if that doesnt sound like the Tool we know and love what does?

Last edited by ArizonaBay; 04-20-2006 at 03:46 AM..
Old 04-20-2006, 03:30 AM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

"but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design."

Now heres a logical and far more plausible explanation for this statement. You are getting this all the wrong way round. This statement was made to confound bootleggers not a fake album, if they wanted to make a fake album they would not have told us. This statement was made to create confusion surrounding the inevitable leak (Blair knowing full well the powerful rumour mill he is very good at creating) so more who download it will be inclined to buy it just in case. See this a much cheaper way to throw us off, and my god it really has worked.

Think about it;

Maynard-"Just tell them we recorded a fake one, then theyll buy it just in case, fuck em if they are dissapointed its the same, we spent two years on this shit, they shouldnt have downloaded it in the first place. Fuckin leaches."

Last edited by ArizonaBay; 04-20-2006 at 03:46 AM..
OFFLINE |  
dragaN.au
04-20-2006, 04:43 AM

#18 - LOL!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:43 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

#18 - LOL!
OFFLINE |  
tooljunky
04-20-2006, 04:47 AM

Quote:

it has not leaked. At least dont make posts that are not true.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:47 AM   #20

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
RED_THE_HAT
04-20-2006, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljunky
A certain site that I wont mention, that has albums for download quite easily on it had the album up for a day or so. A friend of mine downloaded it, and not long after, they obviously got the wind of this. i know this, because I have heard the fucking thing over the phone. Dont tell me not to post lies when you are too blind to fucking find something.

ok, onto what this topic is about. i never said that this is what has happened, it is just a theory. An album, from an international act can be recorded in a matter of days. It is the post production, the mastering, the cover design, the distribution, printing, arranging copyright terms, royalties, all that crap is what takes time. i am willing to bet my cats on the fact that i reckon that Tool would be capable of recording an album in a few days.
As an example, anyone could see how flawless Tool are live, so how many takes do you believe they could say, do Vicarious in. A recording artist, if they are pushing themselves hard enough, can push a whole song in a night, if they are well arranged, and work to a timetable. I do remember something, may have been in the newsletter, not sure, about Danny pulling off a drum take in the new album in one go.
I aint saying that this is what happened, this is just a theory, as I quoted at the start, feel free to move this to the fucking rumour section.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:00 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljunky
A certain site that I wont mention, that has albums for download quite easily on it had the album up for a day or so. A friend of mine downloaded it, and not long after, they obviously got the wind of this. i know this, because I have heard the fucking thing over the phone. Dont tell me not to post lies when you are too blind to fucking find something.

ok, onto what this topic is about. i never said that this is what has happened, it is just a theory. An album, from an international act can be recorded in a matter of days. It is the post production, the mastering, the cover design, the distribution, printing, arranging copyright terms, royalties, all that crap is what takes time. i am willing to bet my cats on the fact that i reckon that Tool would be capable of recording an album in a few days.
As an example, anyone could see how flawless Tool are live, so how many takes do you believe they could say, do Vicarious in. A recording artist, if they are pushing themselves hard enough, can push a whole song in a night, if they are well arranged, and work to a timetable. I do remember something, may have been in the newsletter, not sure, about Danny pulling off a drum take in the new album in one go.
I aint saying that this is what happened, this is just a theory, as I quoted at the start, feel free to move this to the fucking rumour section.
OFFLINE |  
seemyshadowchanging
04-20-2006, 05:33 AM

red i have to agree with you.i havent heard the album yet but when i buy it may 2 i think it would be very easy to have perhaps another cd in the case 1 being the fake album everyone has downloaded and the other one the real 10000 days.it makes sense especially being tool.ive tried not to read alot of the posts on the new album just because i havent heard it but from what people are saying it still sounds pretty cool.but there again the theory of saying there is a fake album and everyone buying the new album in hopes of it being different then being the same is pretty damn likely also.whatever tool are doing is geneius.we will just have to see.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:33 AM   #22
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

red i have to agree with you.i havent heard the album yet but when i buy it may 2 i think it would be very easy to have perhaps another cd in the case 1 being the fake album everyone has downloaded and the other one the real 10000 days.it makes sense especially being tool.ive tried not to read alot of the posts on the new album just because i havent heard it but from what people are saying it still sounds pretty cool.but there again the theory of saying there is a fake album and everyone buying the new album in hopes of it being different then being the same is pretty damn likely also.whatever tool are doing is geneius.we will just have to see.
OFFLINE |  
RED_THE_HAT
04-20-2006, 05:42 AM

One more point to bring up, which i am slapping my head that I didnt bring up.... Usher (i cant believe I said his name!!!!) was about to release a new album some time ago, and this album leaked early. What was his solution? He made the album readily available on the internet, as an internet only, free album, just to cover the leak up. He then went back into the studio, made a new album real quick, then released it. This is not out of reach of a band like Tool. Not saying that they will release it as a free album and re record, more that they have recorded 2 albums.

What Blair says is usually taken with a grain of salt. What if when he said that they were in the studio recording the decoy album, he was actually stating the truth, knowing that we would all think he was full of shit? There is too much!!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:42 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

One more point to bring up, which i am slapping my head that I didnt bring up.... Usher (i cant believe I said his name!!!!) was about to release a new album some time ago, and this album leaked early. What was his solution? He made the album readily available on the internet, as an internet only, free album, just to cover the leak up. He then went back into the studio, made a new album real quick, then released it. This is not out of reach of a band like Tool. Not saying that they will release it as a free album and re record, more that they have recorded 2 albums.

What Blair says is usually taken with a grain of salt. What if when he said that they were in the studio recording the decoy album, he was actually stating the truth, knowing that we would all think he was full of shit? There is too much!!
OFFLINE |  
seemyshadowchanging
04-20-2006, 07:02 AM

i dont understand blair at all.the stuff he puts on toolband is worthless most of the time and we are left to sift throught the bullshit in hopes of finding something hidden in his supposed words of knowledge that just isnt there.red you have a good point about the usher deal.i just dont put it past tool to try to pull something on us.tool knows how to play on us and will do anything to have the last laugh,that is for sure.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:02 AM   #24
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

i dont understand blair at all.the stuff he puts on toolband is worthless most of the time and we are left to sift throught the bullshit in hopes of finding something hidden in his supposed words of knowledge that just isnt there.red you have a good point about the usher deal.i just dont put it past tool to try to pull something on us.tool knows how to play on us and will do anything to have the last laugh,that is for sure.
OFFLINE |  
F!end's Avatar F!end
04-20-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:

The fact that I wrote "What if" in the beginning of every sentence proves that I'm not calling you a liar...
It just makes me wonder...
Old 04-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #25

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

The fact that I wrote "What if" in the beginning of every sentence proves that I'm not calling you a liar...
It just makes me wonder...
04-20-2006, 11:32 AM

What if when you opened the CD you just bought on May 2nd, you found the 'leaked' album and was like, "okay fine, well enough". But they actually had another CD in there, hidden behind/inside the CD packaging.

That would awesome. =] It would be there right before your eyes. Basically a double-disc release, released in a single-disc jewel case. Dare to dream [note] I haven't even heard the leaked album yet, but the thought of double the amount of new T00L to listen to is enought to drive me insane with happiness.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Fake/Independent theory

What if when you opened the CD you just bought on May 2nd, you found the 'leaked' album and was like, "okay fine, well enough". But they actually had another CD in there, hidden behind/inside the CD packaging.

That would awesome. =] It would be there right before your eyes. Basically a double-disc release, released in a single-disc jewel case. Dare to dream [note] I haven't even heard the leaked album yet, but the thought of double the amount of new T00L to listen to is enought to drive me insane with happiness.
04-20-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay

Think about it;

One flaw buddy. If someone is going to look for and download the leak, then think its a fake, do you really think the person isnt going to wait ATLEAST 1 DAY to make sure the album thats being released on the 2nd is the same thing.

Dont you think that person is going to read the reviews coming from over seas and make sure the album released is the same thing?

Your theory doesnt work.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #27
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay

Think about it;

One flaw buddy. If someone is going to look for and download the leak, then think its a fake, do you really think the person isnt going to wait ATLEAST 1 DAY to make sure the album thats being released on the 2nd is the same thing.

Dont you think that person is going to read the reviews coming from over seas and make sure the album released is the same thing?

Your theory doesnt work.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply