Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
CallofCthulhu's Avatar CallofCthulhu
04-19-2006, 08:48 PM

I love the album and feel that YES this is the real deal, but just remember.....the title is STILL unconfirmed. And if in fact Tool DOES throw a curveball on the world by faking EVERYONE.........it will make history.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11
Album title still unconfirmed

I love the album and feel that YES this is the real deal, but just remember.....the title is STILL unconfirmed. And if in fact Tool DOES throw a curveball on the world by faking EVERYONE.........it will make history.
OFFLINE |  
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
04-19-2006, 08:53 PM

How is the title still unconfirmed? Who needs to confirm it to make it legitimate? Every legitimate source of information, from CD stores to Amazon to Radio DJs and the band themselves, everyone says that the album name is 10,000 Days.

Did you miss the memo?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929
Re: Album title still unconfirmed

How is the title still unconfirmed? Who needs to confirm it to make it legitimate? Every legitimate source of information, from CD stores to Amazon to Radio DJs and the band themselves, everyone says that the album name is 10,000 Days.

Did you miss the memo?
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199

Did you miss the memo?
I was at the cd store on Friday (bought Maiden - Piece of Mind, kick ASS album), and I asked the clerk. Said yes, it is still unconfirmed. Said he's heard 10,000 Days among other titles. And I dont know if this guy is the owner (he's there a lot), but he's at least a high up manager so he woudn't have missed the memo.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Did you miss the memo?
I was at the cd store on Friday (bought Maiden - Piece of Mind, kick ASS album), and I asked the clerk. Said yes, it is still unconfirmed. Said he's heard 10,000 Days among other titles. And I dont know if this guy is the owner (he's there a lot), but he's at least a high up manager so he woudn't have missed the memo.
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM

What CD store?

I've asked at Tower and FYE, they both confirmed the title.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
On Probation

What CD store?

OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
What CD store?

Exclusive Company, its a chain store around Wisconsin, dont know if its nationwide.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
What CD store?

Exclusive Company, its a chain store around Wisconsin, dont know if its nationwide.
OFFLINE |  
smoking man
04-19-2006, 09:00 PM

they are usually pretty up-to-date from my experience
Old 04-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

they are usually pretty up-to-date from my experience
OFFLINE |  
Indrid Cold's Avatar Indrid Cold
04-19-2006, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallofCthulhu
Ha ha, Ive been there before.

TDNGallery http://photobucket.com/TDNUserGallery
Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #7
Darkwolf

Bincount™: 270

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:03 PM

Hmm, weird...

Maybe nobody likes them?

Like I said, all the major retailers around Chicago that I've asked have confirmed the title.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #8
On Probation

Hmm, weird...

Maybe nobody likes them?

Like I said, all the major retailers around Chicago that I've asked have confirmed the title.
OFFLINE |  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indrid Cold
Amazing selection, outstanding prices. I've found cds there for $10-12 that were $15 at Best Buy. Only time I've ever seen a Best Buy cd cheaper is when they're having a sale.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Amazing selection, outstanding prices. I've found cds there for $10-12 that were $15 at Best Buy. Only time I've ever seen a Best Buy cd cheaper is when they're having a sale.
OFFLINE |  
smoking man

say it with me....
Old 04-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

say it with me....
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Hmm, weird...

Maybe nobody likes them?

Like I said I believe it as the title but as far as I've heard its unconfirmed. I do find it interesting though that they chose to use the Lateralus-tour jam piece for Wings..............almost as if its.............been used before and never released........
Old 04-19-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Hmm, weird...

Maybe nobody likes them?

Like I said I believe it as the title but as far as I've heard its unconfirmed. I do find it interesting though that they chose to use the Lateralus-tour jam piece for Wings..............almost as if its.............been used before and never released........
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I usually go to Mega Media Exchange to get my cds unless Its a new release by a band that I want right away.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #12
Darkwolf

Quote:
I usually go to Mega Media Exchange to get my cds unless Its a new release by a band that I want right away.

OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Where's that?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Where's that?
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Where's that?
Well IDK if you live in Milwaukee but right in front of the Exclusive Co. on 76th street that is in the plaza there is Mega Media exchange right in front of Kopps ice cream thing. Used Cd's / Video Games / Systems / and a whole bunch of other stuff. Cd's are usually Half Price and under.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #14
Darkwolf

Quote:
Where's that?
Well IDK if you live in Milwaukee but right in front of the Exclusive Co. on 76th street that is in the plaza there is Mega Media exchange right in front of Kopps ice cream thing. Used Cd's / Video Games / Systems / and a whole bunch of other stuff. Cd's are usually Half Price and under.

OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Ya usually I go to the one on 76th, only on rare occassions do I go to the Bluemound store. I know what store you're talking about. Its tucked in the corner of that small strip mall next to Barnes & Noble right?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:27 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Ya usually I go to the one on 76th, only on rare occassions do I go to the Bluemound store. I know what store you're talking about. Its tucked in the corner of that small strip mall next to Barnes & Noble right?
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Nope thats Disk Go Round. That place is way overpriced for cds. They have nice posters though. Its Directly in front of Barnes & Noble across the street. Used to be called Take 2 but then got bought out or something. Its a lot better now.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #16
Darkwolf

Quote:
Nope thats Disk Go Round. That place is way overpriced for cds. They have nice posters though. Its Directly in front of Barnes & Noble across the street. Used to be called Take 2 but then got bought out or something. Its a lot better now.

OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOH, right right, that store is great. I can never remember the name since they changed it. Speaking of nice posters at Go Round, a couple winters ago a friend and I went there and he bought their Lateralus poster right off the wall. Pointless but ironic story. By the well, good to see a fellow Tool local on the board, small world.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOH, right right, that store is great. I can never remember the name since they changed it. Speaking of nice posters at Go Round, a couple winters ago a friend and I went there and he bought their Lateralus poster right off the wall. Pointless but ironic story. By the well, good to see a fellow Tool local on the board, small world.
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
My friend told me They had the Undertow Pins & Needles poster there but when i went a month later it was gone. Me and my friend usually go to Mega Media Exchange tho like every other weekend and just browse cds and other random crap. Probably go this weekend. Great store.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #18
Darkwolf

Quote:
My friend told me They had the Undertow Pins & Needles poster there but when i went a month later it was gone. Me and my friend usually go to Mega Media Exchange tho like every other weekend and just browse cds and other random crap. Probably go this weekend. Great store.

OFFLINE |  
Lagomorph's Avatar Lagomorph
04-19-2006, 10:19 PM

i emailed a record store, they said that the 10 000 days album name and tracklisting is confirmed by: the official site, and tools representatives at sony BMG.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #19
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

i emailed a record store, they said that the 10 000 days album name and tracklisting is confirmed by: the official site, and tools representatives at sony BMG.
OFFLINE |  
soreal
04-19-2006, 10:41 PM

looks confirmed to me by the new posts on toolarmy
Old 04-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

looks confirmed to me by the new posts on toolarmy
OFFLINE |  
Lagomorph's Avatar Lagomorph
04-19-2006, 11:23 PM

which are?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #21
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

which are?
OFFLINE |  
valienalien
04-20-2006, 05:33 AM

seeeeeecret :P
aim[valienalien]
gmail[[email protected]]
ph[9544785965]
----------------
Old 04-20-2006, 05:33 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

seeeeeecret :P
aim[valienalien]
gmail[[email protected]]
ph[9544785965]
----------------
OFFLINE |  
tooljunky
04-20-2006, 05:40 AM

my gosh, now are we basing evidence on a record store clerk! what the hell?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:40 AM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

my gosh, now are we basing evidence on a record store clerk! what the hell?
OFFLINE |  
kubrick
04-20-2006, 07:17 AM

Quote:

Did you miss the memo?

Remember, the only source for any material on the album is Tool's official website. If they are engineering a fake album, then it's prety simple to post that and only that on their site. Obviously they have the full support of their label behind them.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:17 AM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

Did you miss the memo?

Remember, the only source for any material on the album is Tool's official website. If they are engineering a fake album, then it's prety simple to post that and only that on their site. Obviously they have the full support of their label behind them.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply