Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
researchtriangle's Avatar researchtriangle
04-19-2006, 02:27 PM

?? thoughts?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73
Possibley the worst TOOL song ever?

?? thoughts?
OFFLINE |  
robyeah1
04-19-2006, 02:28 PM

Best.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Possibley the worst TOOL song ever?

Best.
OFFLINE |  
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
04-19-2006, 02:29 PM

No.

I think people have said that about every song they've made, it kinda loses meaning the millionth time around...
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 04-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95

No.

I think people have said that about every song they've made, it kinda loses meaning the millionth time around...
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
OFFLINE |  
Nemesis's Avatar Nemesis
04-19-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by researchtriangle
?? thoughts?
You got to be kidding, this is my favourite, the aggression!

How can you not love the part 'you believe me, don't you?, please believe what I just said....'

This will go off live!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
?? thoughts?
You got to be kidding, this is my favourite, the aggression!

How can you not love the part 'you believe me, don't you?, please believe what I just said....'

This will go off live!
04-19-2006, 02:32 PM

you could be right..
Old 04-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3653

you could be right..
OFFLINE |  
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
04-19-2006, 02:33 PM

what is the deal with all the hyperbolic decrying of this album? everybody keeps saying "worst ever" about various aspects of it.. i just don't get it.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #6
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

what is the deal with all the hyperbolic decrying of this album? everybody keeps saying "worst ever" about various aspects of it.. i just don't get it.
04-19-2006, 02:35 PM

it's probably my least favorite on the album, but it's still pretty good.

that section in 11 where maynard goes "strapped down... etc... shit the bed" is pretty cool. despite defecation.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #7
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

it's probably my least favorite on the album, but it's still pretty good.

that section in 11 where maynard goes "strapped down... etc... shit the bed" is pretty cool. despite defecation.
04-19-2006, 02:36 PM

this is one of the best songs I've ever heard

amazing
Old 04-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

this is one of the best songs I've ever heard

amazing
04-19-2006, 02:37 PM

worst tool song ever is useful idiot...=]
Old 04-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

i listened to this song on the bus with headphones. i was so scared. its insane! totally awesome. Reminds me of Frank Zappa VS Tool!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

i listened to this song on the bus with headphones. i was so scared. its insane! totally awesome. Reminds me of Frank Zappa VS Tool!
OFFLINE |  
eulogy508's Avatar eulogy508

I hate this song, please tell me it's a hoax

Shit the bed! Hah
Old 04-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #11
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

Bincount™: 2148

Shit the bed! Hah
OFFLINE |  
Tw1ster's Avatar Tw1ster
04-19-2006, 03:10 PM

Yeah, im not a drug user but itd be a sweet song to hear on acid haha...i think the voices would drive a crack head to death
Old 04-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #12
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Yeah, im not a drug user but itd be a sweet song to hear on acid haha...i think the voices would drive a crack head to death
OFFLINE |  
trickma's Avatar trickma
04-19-2006, 03:11 PM

After one listen, i almost skipped this song half way through. There are some interesting ideas nearing the end but honestly this song is way to strange and different for me to grasp atm.

But hey third eye was exactly the same case so I'm going to digest and digest some more before saying it sucks. Oo
Old 04-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

After one listen, i almost skipped this song half way through. There are some interesting ideas nearing the end but honestly this song is way to strange and different for me to grasp atm.

But hey third eye was exactly the same case so I'm going to digest and digest some more before saying it sucks. Oo
OFFLINE |  
Nebel
04-19-2006, 03:14 PM

Fucking brutal, crazy song, love it!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Fucking brutal, crazy song, love it!
OFFLINE |  
Tw1ster's Avatar Tw1ster
04-19-2006, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickma

haha yeah man, to this day im still digesting "Third eye"....only Tool can do that
Old 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #15
Banned.

Quote:

haha yeah man, to this day im still digesting "Third eye"....only Tool can do that
OFFLINE |  
splints
04-19-2006, 03:20 PM

this is fucking rad
Old 04-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

this is fucking rad
OFFLINE |  
Amalexus
04-19-2006, 03:21 PM

Try listening to it more than 10 times. Thats the nature of tool.

P.s Possibly is spelt wrong.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Try listening to it more than 10 times. Thats the nature of tool.

OFFLINE |  
HolyReality's Avatar HolyReality
04-19-2006, 03:23 PM

yeah, this song got me on like the third listen. initially there's just too much going on....but once I got it...truly amazing. a great combination of styles and hilarious lyrics.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

yeah, this song got me on like the third listen. initially there's just too much going on....but once I got it...truly amazing. a great combination of styles and hilarious lyrics.
OFFLINE |  
hbynoe's Avatar hbynoe
04-19-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1ster
agreed man :)
Old 04-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1ster
agreed man :)
04-19-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth
The reason is people don't admit it, but they want Tool to record the same shit over and over. Well, I'm not talking about everybody here, but people who don't want to see Tool evolve.

The song kicks ass by the way.

Uh-oh

Last edited by SigSegV; 04-19-2006 at 03:35 PM..
Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 PM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
The reason is people don't admit it, but they want Tool to record the same shit over and over. Well, I'm not talking about everybody here, but people who don't want to see Tool evolve.

The song kicks ass by the way.

Uh-oh

Last edited by SigSegV; 04-19-2006 at 03:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
voleurz's Avatar voleurz
04-19-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalexus
hahah

that was funny.

hi-5
Old 04-19-2006, 03:35 PM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalexus
hahah

that was funny.

hi-5
OFFLINE |  
Scrotophagus's Avatar Scrotophagus
04-19-2006, 03:36 PM

Nowhere near the worst. Judging Tool songs is not a good idea until you've had many listens over time.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Nowhere near the worst. Judging Tool songs is not a good idea until you've had many listens over time.
OFFLINE |  
babbletonic
04-19-2006, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viginti Tres
are you KIDDING?!?! Useful Idiot is actually one of my favorite "segues" ever, shit.
It says so much without saying anything at all. Plus, "Cesaro" is fucking annoying.

On a totally opposite note, yeah, I did think this was a horrible song after like 2 listens. But now I've heard it about 4 more reluctant times, and I have to say this song is actually quite good, and probably one of my favorites on the album. Kinda weird, but isn't that what makes tool so good?
Old 04-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viginti Tres
are you KIDDING?!?! Useful Idiot is actually one of my favorite "segues" ever, shit.
It says so much without saying anything at all. Plus, "Cesaro" is fucking annoying.

On a totally opposite note, yeah, I did think this was a horrible song after like 2 listens. But now I've heard it about 4 more reluctant times, and I have to say this song is actually quite good, and probably one of my favorites on the album. Kinda weird, but isn't that what makes tool so good?
OFFLINE |  
MasterOfKtulu109
04-19-2006, 06:00 PM

Quote:

exactly. i think this is the 'third eye' of the album. I think this song could literally take months to appreciate.

I don't force myself a song. i will like it when i am ready to like it. It took me months to like 'the patient' also.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Quote:

exactly. i think this is the 'third eye' of the album. I think this song could literally take months to appreciate.

I don't force myself a song. i will like it when i am ready to like it. It took me months to like 'the patient' also.
OFFLINE |  
a788's Avatar a788
04-19-2006, 06:02 PM

why the hell would you start a thread like this? keep your it to yourself. no one cares if you think its the worst tool song ever.

and dont say that you are curious bc there are enough ppl here to say they agree with you and disagree.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #25
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2268

why the hell would you start a thread like this? keep your it to yourself. no one cares if you think its the worst tool song ever.

and dont say that you are curious bc there are enough ppl here to say they agree with you and disagree.
researchtriangle's Avatar researchtriangle
04-19-2006, 06:14 PM

i have every right to start this thread. no one cares that someone thinks the guitar on jambi is 'amazing' or that the pot is 'totally kickass lol'. no one can admit to themselves that this album blows.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73

i have every right to start this thread. no one cares that someone thinks the guitar on jambi is 'amazing' or that the pot is 'totally kickass lol'. no one can admit to themselves that this album blows.
OFFLINE |  
voleurz's Avatar voleurz
04-19-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
yEah ThiSAlBum TotaLY Bloes Lol!!!111oneoneone

im gunna go listewn to american idiot an dbe hardcore like them what with the deep meaning and what not
Old 04-19-2006, 06:34 PM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
yEah ThiSAlBum TotaLY Bloes Lol!!!111oneoneone

im gunna go listewn to american idiot an dbe hardcore like them what with the deep meaning and what not
OFFLINE |  
zee deveel 17
04-19-2006, 08:07 PM

this is not only the worst song from tool, but one of the worst songs from any band that i have ever been an avid fan of. this sounds like nu-metal crap. i still can't understand how people can appreciate a track that sounds like slipknot and attempts to be so incoherent that its nauseating. i don't know what the guys were thinking when they recorded this track. i'll only be able to forgive them over time for this.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #28

Bincount™: 56

this is not only the worst song from tool, but one of the worst songs from any band that i have ever been an avid fan of. this sounds like nu-metal crap. i still can't understand how people can appreciate a track that sounds like slipknot and attempts to be so incoherent that its nauseating. i don't know what the guys were thinking when they recorded this track. i'll only be able to forgive them over time for this.
OFFLINE |  
Xanatos's Avatar Xanatos
04-19-2006, 08:25 PM

While I am not sure if this is the worst Tool song ever (10,000 days has 8 actual songs you know), I can say that I hate this one.

At about the 1-2 min. mark I thought to myself, "How the hell do they plan on dragging this crap out for another 9-10 min?", but they did.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #29

Bincount™: 5

While I am not sure if this is the worst Tool song ever (10,000 days has 8 actual songs you know), I can say that I hate this one.

At about the 1-2 min. mark I thought to myself, "How the hell do they plan on dragging this crap out for another 9-10 min?", but they did.
OFFLINE |  
zee deveel 17
04-19-2006, 08:43 PM

it's the most incoherent and annoying song from them
Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 PM   #30

Bincount™: 56

it's the most incoherent and annoying song from them
OFFLINE |  
T-13h's Avatar T-13h
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
|
|
|
V
Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 911

Quote:
|
|
|
V
04-19-2006, 09:02 PM

perfect deviation.

Re-Connect _Reflect_Realize
Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

perfect deviation.

Re-Connect _Reflect_Realize
OFFLINE |  
bonus.cheese's Avatar bonus.cheese
04-19-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee deveel 17
qft... sorta. Well let me listen to it some more.

Last edited by bonus.cheese; 04-20-2006 at 07:03 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #33

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee deveel 17
qft... sorta. Well let me listen to it some more.

Last edited by bonus.cheese; 04-20-2006 at 07:03 AM..
OFFLINE |  
T-13h's Avatar T-13h
04-19-2006, 09:13 PM

I love this song. Captures the ravings of a mad man...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #34
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 911

I love this song. Captures the ravings of a mad man...
04-19-2006, 09:42 PM

it sounds like the guitar riff from "H"
but it keep building up and gets better and better
Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

it sounds like the guitar riff from "H"
but it keep building up and gets better and better
OFFLINE |  
gerbil's Avatar gerbil
04-20-2006, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Welcome to internet fandom.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:50 AM   #36
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 96

Quote:
Welcome to internet fandom.
OFFLINE |  
blair's man sausage's Avatar blair's man sausage
04-20-2006, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogy508

Shit the bed! Hah

it seems people have never heard the phrase shit the bed=i fucked up

quick analogy...in golf, you are a putt away form birdie yet you 3 putt, you have just shit the bed
Old 04-20-2006, 04:53 AM   #37
the inside man

Bincount™: 20548

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogy508

Shit the bed! Hah

it seems people have never heard the phrase shit the bed=i fucked up

quick analogy...in golf, you are a putt away form birdie yet you 3 putt, you have just shit the bed
OFFLINE |  
BlindVisionary's Avatar BlindVisionary
04-20-2006, 04:57 AM

I'm starting to like this song, so many elements it will take forever to appreciate...It's like everything they've ever done in one song...
Old 04-20-2006, 04:57 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

I'm starting to like this song, so many elements it will take forever to appreciate...It's like everything they've ever done in one song...
04-20-2006, 05:26 AM

OK here's my thoughts - for a long time my only beef with Tool was that sometimes it's like they're stuck up their own ass trying to be all cryptic and mysterious. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the weird song titles and lyrics.. but to a certain degree. This song (and a few others like The Pot, to me, are like a fuck you to anyone who thinks the band takes themselves to seriously). The lyrics are hilariously weird and besides that, I think the song just fucking rocks ass. But what do I know... this is my first post here (did I do good?????///)
Old 04-20-2006, 05:26 AM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

OK here's my thoughts - for a long time my only beef with Tool was that sometimes it's like they're stuck up their own ass trying to be all cryptic and mysterious. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the weird song titles and lyrics.. but to a certain degree. This song (and a few others like The Pot, to me, are like a fuck you to anyone who thinks the band takes themselves to seriously). The lyrics are hilariously weird and besides that, I think the song just fucking rocks ass. But what do I know... this is my first post here (did I do good?????///)
OFFLINE |  
Vegama
04-20-2006, 05:32 AM

Third eye had been my favorite song for an eternity. This will hold hands with it among my most listened.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:32 AM   #40

Third eye had been my favorite song for an eternity. This will hold hands with it among my most listened.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply