Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
tophe07
04-19-2006, 09:06 AM

I love this song, my favorite so far. It seems like a direct response to all the Tool freaks that dissect everything Maynard says a million times over.

He is also voicing his struggle with being chosen to guide many who take Tool as a religion. He realizes that on some level he has a lot of responsibility due to the fact that many will be influenced by his words... so this song is almost an attempt to tell everyone that "hey, I don't know everything, I didn't even graduate high school, stop looking to me for guidance."

Essentially: think for yourself.

Thoughts?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
My thoughts on this

I love this song, my favorite so far. It seems like a direct response to all the Tool freaks that dissect everything Maynard says a million times over.

He is also voicing his struggle with being chosen to guide many who take Tool as a religion. He realizes that on some level he has a lot of responsibility due to the fact that many will be influenced by his words... so this song is almost an attempt to tell everyone that "hey, I don't know everything, I didn't even graduate high school, stop looking to me for guidance."

Essentially: think for yourself.

Thoughts?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply