Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
xpandnz
04-16-2006, 06:55 PM

Has anyone noticed how close the lyrics for Vicarious relate to the word Teleincision?
Just a thought. Maybe they were going to call the Album Teleincision but then realized that 10000 days was a better name cause it secretly means that cable TV was released in 1979 (27 years ago) and that since then, Television has been all humans really do. Just watch it and stuff. So its made an incision on our lives and we Vicariously feel death and experience things on our Tv.
Discuss?

Last edited by xpandnz; 04-16-2006 at 07:04 PM..
Old 04-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Vicarious and Teleincision

Has anyone noticed how close the lyrics for Vicarious relate to the word Teleincision?
Just a thought. Maybe they were going to call the Album Teleincision but then realized that 10000 days was a better name cause it secretly means that cable TV was released in 1979 (27 years ago) and that since then, Television has been all humans really do. Just watch it and stuff. So its made an incision on our lives and we Vicariously feel death and experience things on our Tv.
Discuss?

Last edited by xpandnz; 04-16-2006 at 07:04 PM..
OFFLINE |  
jackfriday's Avatar jackfriday
04-16-2006, 06:57 PM

damn, not bad.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10
Re: Vicarious and Teleincision

damn, not bad.
Exoskeletal's Avatar Exoskeletal
04-16-2006, 06:59 PM

I'ts a good theory, altough we are only going to know the true meaning of 10,000 Days when the album is out.
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out." - Timothy Leary
Old 04-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 16

I'ts a good theory, altough we are only going to know the true meaning of 10,000 Days when the album is out.
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out." - Timothy Leary
OFFLINE |  
xpandnz
04-16-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal
......although we are only going to know the true meaning of 10,000 Days when the album is out.
As Kabir mentioned in his review.
I think we are all waiting for the album. I am.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal
......although we are only going to know the true meaning of 10,000 Days when the album is out.
As Kabir mentioned in his review.
I think we are all waiting for the album. I am.
OFFLINE |  
MentalSanityOff's Avatar MentalSanityOff
04-16-2006, 07:08 PM

I also realised how the idea of teleincision really nailed the theme of vicarious (and possibly 10,000 days). Makes you wonder how much some people really knew, taking into consideration virginiti tres and the track entitled '23' on eleptheria (or was it aldairia?)
Old 04-16-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 21

I also realised how the idea of teleincision really nailed the theme of vicarious (and possibly 10,000 days). Makes you wonder how much some people really knew, taking into consideration virginiti tres and the track entitled '23' on eleptheria (or was it aldairia?)
OFFLINE |  
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
04-16-2006, 07:10 PM

10000 days in the fire is long enough
Old 04-16-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

04-16-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfriday
damn, not bad.
indeed
Old 04-16-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfriday
damn, not bad.
indeed
04-16-2006, 07:22 PM

Its probably been said before(so im not gonna start a new thread) but, considering the political nature of the album, be talking about the 10,000 Day War(vietnam)? And fire is reference to war or possibly its after effects? I dunno, this probably wasnt worth typing. but thats my two cents.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Its probably been said before(so im not gonna start a new thread) but, considering the political nature of the album, be talking about the 10,000 Day War(vietnam)? And fire is reference to war or possibly its after effects? I dunno, this probably wasnt worth typing. but thats my two cents.
OFFLINE |  
sifted
04-16-2006, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Local Sitar Player
i initially thought that too. http://www.vietnampix.com
however, i think that's too narrow of a topic for the whole album, which is why i like the whole tv thing better.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Local Sitar Player
i initially thought that too. http://www.vietnampix.com
however, i think that's too narrow of a topic for the whole album, which is why i like the whole tv thing better.
OFFLINE |  
Squishy's Avatar Squishy
04-17-2006, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
Exactly. That's the line. He's not gonna sing '10000 days in the fire' just because people have been watching cable TV for 10000 days. Also the simple fact that the song '10000 days' is 'Wings for Marie Pt. 2'. What on earth should the 'Marie' stand for in this context? The theory with the song being about his mother is the only one I know that explains this, so I'm betting on that one.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:47 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
Exactly. That's the line. He's not gonna sing '10000 days in the fire' just because people have been watching cable TV for 10000 days. Also the simple fact that the song '10000 days' is 'Wings for Marie Pt. 2'. What on earth should the 'Marie' stand for in this context? The theory with the song being about his mother is the only one I know that explains this, so I'm betting on that one.
OFFLINE |  
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
04-17-2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejeff
I really think the album is about jungian theory and the first ever demenoid/vampire haunt album. Look in the vicarious section to see my post about this

after hearing vicarious you could be right. maynard does mention vampire...
Old 04-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #11
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejeff
I really think the album is about jungian theory and the first ever demenoid/vampire haunt album. Look in the vicarious section to see my post about this

after hearing vicarious you could be right. maynard does mention vampire...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply