Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
harmonyofdissonance's Avatar harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 11:49 AM

Ive heard from a good friend of mine, that the Sony BMG Central in Munich is full of Posters regarding the new Tool Album, and it advertizes it with the new Logo and Cover Art as Album Cover... Just to let you know... Could be a hint, that the Cover art is really the Cover and the album title is real.... I mean its the headquarters, i cannot imagine, tool fools their own label....

Last edited by harmonyofdissonance; 04-06-2006 at 06:24 AM..
Old 04-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
tool Posters In Sony BMG HQ!

Ive heard from a good friend of mine, that the Sony BMG Central in Munich is full of Posters regarding the new Tool Album, and it advertizes it with the new Logo and Cover Art as Album Cover... Just to let you know... Could be a hint, that the Cover art is really the Cover and the album title is real.... I mean its the headquarters, i cannot imagine, tool fools their own label....

Last edited by harmonyofdissonance; 04-06-2006 at 06:24 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Perseensilmä's Avatar Perseensilmä
04-05-2006, 11:52 AM

Why don´t you go take a look at taht poster? Preferably by foot. I mean, go away bitchass face.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 3773
Re: Album Cover - dont know if it matters

Why don´t you go take a look at taht poster? Preferably by foot. I mean, go away bitchass face.
04-05-2006, 11:53 AM

How is that a hint? That thing we told you was real and we keep saying is real, well, we're saying it's real again.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Bincount™: 48

How is that a hint? That thing we told you was real and we keep saying is real, well, we're saying it's real again.
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyofdissonance
Be prepared to get violently flamed for this post by people still desperately clinging to their belief that the album art/title is "un-Toolish" and "not unique".
Old 04-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Be prepared to get violently flamed for this post by people still desperately clinging to their belief that the album art/title is "un-Toolish" and "not unique".
OFFLINE |  
04-05-2006, 11:56 AM

@Perseensilmä: Oh i see you are really interested in som sophisticated discussion, i think you fisted the asshole of your cat for too long... If i say so, i mean it so...

@ProdigyDub:

i know, but it doesnt matter to me... Perhaps someone in here is interested in some news without being pissed, just because he does not like the news
Old 04-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

@Perseensilmä: Oh i see you are really interested in som sophisticated discussion, i think you fisted the asshole of your cat for too long... If i say so, i mean it so...

@ProdigyDub:

i know, but it doesnt matter to me... Perhaps someone in here is interested in some news without being pissed, just because he does not like the news
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
@ProdigyDub:

I for one, along with a bunch of others, appreciate concrete info like this. Thanks for posting. Don't let the people in denial of the truth who get angry at every new piece of evidence bring you down.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
@ProdigyDub:

I for one, along with a bunch of others, appreciate concrete info like this. Thanks for posting. Don't let the people in denial of the truth who get angry at every new piece of evidence bring you down.
OFFLINE |  
04-05-2006, 12:01 PM

this would be the last thing i would do.. Thanks...
Old 04-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

this would be the last thing i would do.. Thanks...
OFFLINE |  
Scratch's Avatar Scratch
04-05-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseensilmä
worst. flame. evar
Old 04-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseensilmä
worst. flame. evar
OFFLINE |  
04-05-2006, 12:05 PM

If he had spelt it right, it wouldnt have been that bad
Old 04-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

If he had spelt it right, it wouldnt have been that bad
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Please explain how this is "concrete evidence" of anything? Hearing from a friend that there are posters at Sony is far from concrete. In fact this should be moved right over to rumors, because that's exactly what it is.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #10
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Quote:
Please explain how this is "concrete evidence" of anything? Hearing from a friend that there are posters at Sony is far from concrete. In fact this should be moved right over to rumors, because that's exactly what it is.
Visceralus's Avatar Visceralus
04-05-2006, 12:07 PM

this thread does not deliver.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #11
On Probation

Bincount™: 20

OFFLINE |  
Grimface
04-05-2006, 12:09 PM

*rubs penis*
Old 04-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

*rubs penis*
OFFLINE |  
04-05-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie75
You're right--it's not "concrete", it's simply "reasonable".

It's concrete, though, when compared to the slew of awesome counter-evidence which includes such gems as "The titles/artwork are totally un-Toolish, trust me I know", and "Systema Encephale!#%@%" ad nauseum.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

It's concrete, though, when compared to the slew of awesome counter-evidence which includes such gems as "The titles/artwork are totally un-Toolish, trust me I know", and "Systema Encephale!#%@%" ad nauseum.
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:

It's just as much of a rumor as anyother post on this forum. THere is nothing concrete about it. It's a rumor and the other things you brought up are opinions.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #14
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

It's just as much of a rumor as anyother post on this forum. THere is nothing concrete about it. It's a rumor and the other things you brought up are opinions.
orange.juice's Avatar orange.juice
04-05-2006, 12:14 PM

well fuck... i live 20 miles from there and i really don't care. Lolz.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 932

well fuck... i live 20 miles from there and i really don't care. Lolz.
OFFLINE |  
04-05-2006, 12:14 PM

i repeat myself: My frriend works at sony a magazine about trucks (yes you read right) and he goes every day for lunch to the sony BMG cantina. And she told me, that there are everywhere album covers with a wooden face and fool and 10000 days. Release 28 april... believe me or not, it doesnt matter. If you dont believe, phone sony bmg munich... It isnt a rumor, its unquestionable truth (Fuck Limp Bizkittt)...
Believe me or not, its your turn
@aj: I just wanted to deliver some news, which is obviously related to tool...
This is a tool forum right??!?!

If it is of importance? I dont know
Old 04-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

i repeat myself: My frriend works at sony a magazine about trucks (yes you read right) and he goes every day for lunch to the sony BMG cantina. And she told me, that there are everywhere album covers with a wooden face and fool and 10000 days. Release 28 april... believe me or not, it doesnt matter. If you dont believe, phone sony bmg munich... It isnt a rumor, its unquestionable truth (Fuck Limp Bizkittt)...
@aj: I just wanted to deliver some news, which is obviously related to tool...
This is a tool forum right??!?!

If it is of importance? I dont know
OFFLINE |  
Cid's Avatar Cid
04-05-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceralus
when have you delivered though?
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 04-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #17
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceralus
when have you delivered though?
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA

Quote:
a wooden face and fool and 10000 days.
lol
Old 04-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #18
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
a wooden face and fool and 10000 days.
lol
OFFLINE |  

Quote:
Exactly. It's a rumor, but a reasonable one. It may or may not be true, but it has a very objective and grounded basis.

Meanwhile, as you said, most everything else is "opinion". I'll take a rumor about something as simple as posters with the artwork over some person's personal belief that Tool would "never name their album anything like that or use such unoriginal artwork".
Old 04-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Exactly. It's a rumor, but a reasonable one. It may or may not be true, but it has a very objective and grounded basis.

Meanwhile, as you said, most everything else is "opinion". I'll take a rumor about something as simple as posters with the artwork over some person's personal belief that Tool would "never name their album anything like that or use such unoriginal artwork".
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Second hand hearsay is the definition of a rumor.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #20
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Second hand hearsay is the definition of a rumor.
04-05-2006, 12:17 PM

please someone phones sony...
Old 04-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

please someone phones sony...
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:

It is a reasonable rumor, I don't know if rumors hold any more water than opinions. It's all the same till some facts are made available by the band.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:18 PM   #22
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

It is a reasonable rumor, I don't know if rumors hold any more water than opinions. It's all the same till some facts are made available by the band.
04-05-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Some facts made available like the band? You mean the posting of the title, the ensuing confirmation on both TB and TA, the posting of the tracklisting, and the single release date? I'd say those qualify.

I may agree that rumors don't necessarily hold more water than opinions--however, when the rumors are consistent with the FACTS we do have, and the opinions are divergent and offer no objective basis other than "I just don't think it is this way or that way"....then I'll take the rumors. Some of them may be fabricated, but chances are some of them are 100% true.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:22 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Some facts made available like the band? You mean the posting of the title, the ensuing confirmation on both TB and TA, the posting of the tracklisting, and the single release date? I'd say those qualify.

I may agree that rumors don't necessarily hold more water than opinions--however, when the rumors are consistent with the FACTS we do have, and the opinions are divergent and offer no objective basis other than "I just don't think it is this way or that way"....then I'll take the rumors. Some of them may be fabricated, but chances are some of them are 100% true.
OFFLINE |  
04-05-2006, 12:22 PM

you dont understand: There are these posters. If they show the cover art, or the album cover represented by the artwork? Well i dont know, that would be a rumor
Old 04-05-2006, 12:22 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

you dont understand: There are these posters. If they show the cover art, or the album cover represented by the artwork? Well i dont know, that would be a rumor
OFFLINE |  
orange.juice's Avatar orange.juice
04-05-2006, 12:24 PM

i totally think it's true, why not? There's just a huge part in me refusing to believe in that logo, just because it sucks so much. The funny thing is: why would Sony BMG print posters with a temporary bullshit suck dick artwork? But well, maybe they don't have anything better to do... lazy Munich fuckers.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #25
Banned.

Bincount™: 932

i totally think it's true, why not? There's just a huge part in me refusing to believe in that logo, just because it sucks so much. The funny thing is: why would Sony BMG print posters with a temporary bullshit suck dick artwork? But well, maybe they don't have anything better to do... lazy Munich fuckers.
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
First off even if these posters do exist it doesn't mean that they are the cover art. Secondly if you did call sony what would they say? "Yes we have posters"............They aren't going to release anymore info than we already have.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #26
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
First off even if these posters do exist it doesn't mean that they are the cover art. Secondly if you did call sony what would they say? "Yes we have posters"............They aren't going to release anymore info than we already have.
04-05-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
He's saying it's a rumor that the posters actually exist...which is true...given that you have no physical evidence. He's not claiming that if they DO exist they have fake artwork...which would obviously be ridiculous.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
He's saying it's a rumor that the posters actually exist...which is true...given that you have no physical evidence. He's not claiming that if they DO exist they have fake artwork...which would obviously be ridiculous.
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:26 PM

Quote:

I'm not saying that some may not be true, but they are still rumors.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #28
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

I'm not saying that some may not be true, but they are still rumors.
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I think the artwork we've seen is tied to either the single or is part of the cover, but I don't think it's the main cover page.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #29
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I think the artwork we've seen is tied to either the single or is part of the cover, but I don't think it's the main cover page.
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM

it is this fukin alex grey thing... it was composed like a album cover, i was told. But if it is the cover, well i dont know. You see, i repeat myself...
Old 04-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

it is this fukin alex grey thing... it was composed like a album cover, i was told. But if it is the cover, well i dont know. You see, i repeat myself...
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Aren't all band promo posters composed like an album cover? The truth is that many of them aren't the actual cover.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Aren't all band promo posters composed like an album cover? The truth is that many of them aren't the actual cover.

Quote:
No, The posters exist for real, no rumor.
The rumor is, that they contain the cover
It is no rumor, that the alex grey thing is featured.
It is no rumor, that it gives you at least the illusion, that it is the cover
Old 04-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath

Someone get some pics of the posters and, well, for lack of a better or alternate term, post them. Post them poster pics. Sorry.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #33
Prana

Bincount™: 8

Someone get some pics of the posters and, well, for lack of a better or alternate term, post them. Post them poster pics. Sorry.
04-05-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:

Good post, that was my question. Are these the covers, only because they show the artwork. No rumor. Do the posters exist? Yes!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Good post, that was my question. Are these the covers, only because they show the artwork. No rumor. Do the posters exist? Yes!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Without evidence it's a rumor. I'm not trying to flame you, i'm trying to make you see the facts.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #35
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Without evidence it's a rumor. I'm not trying to flame you, i'm trying to make you see the facts.
04-05-2006, 12:34 PM

Ill do what i can... Perhaps tommorow, we have some promo poster picture here...
Old 04-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #36
Level 4 - Thinker

Ill do what i can... Perhaps tommorow, we have some promo poster picture here...
OFFLINE |  
Perseensilmä's Avatar Perseensilmä
04-05-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Bulllllllllshit. Cmon, why would a record company put posters of their own products on their walls? Yeah right, they wouldn´t because it would be fucking lame and stupid. Also, even if there were posters they´d probably be Bruce Springsteen´s or Pearl Jam´s posters.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #37
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 3773

Quote:
Bulllllllllshit. Cmon, why would a record company put posters of their own products on their walls? Yeah right, they wouldn´t because it would be fucking lame and stupid. Also, even if there were posters they´d probably be Bruce Springsteen´s or Pearl Jam´s posters.
04-05-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
true. i worked at a college radio station and the lateralus posters we recieved didnt not feature the cover art, but that other eye thing that amazon used.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #38
c-munky

Bincount™: 14206

Quote:
true. i worked at a college radio station and the lateralus posters we recieved didnt not feature the cover art, but that other eye thing that amazon used.
OFFLINE |  
04-05-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:

The facts are clear, there are these posters, wheter you believe or not...
Old 04-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
...and it's rumor with out any evidence to back up this claim. In fact you haven't even seen them and have only heard second hand. I'd say there isn't a clearer case of a rumor out there.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #40
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
...and it's rumor with out any evidence to back up this claim. In fact you haven't even seen them and have only heard second hand. I'd say there isn't a clearer case of a rumor out there.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply