Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Dispatch's Avatar Dispatch
04-03-2006, 09:15 PM

Has anyone stopped to think that rather than use diversionary tactics like fake songs, decoy albums etc, the band is simply allowing the online community and media to do it for them while they sit back and observe? The amount of confusion, frustration, paranoia and hostility existing on these forums alone has generated scores of fake theories, artwork, titles and leaked audio clips. I'm not saying that the information Tool has given us is true either, but I think that we as fans have thrown more red herrings at one another than the band could have.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Location: Not sure which is more dangerous, Iraq or college in Boston
Bincount™: 0
Decoys, Diversions and Fakes...

Has anyone stopped to think that rather than use diversionary tactics like fake songs, decoy albums etc, the band is simply allowing the online community and media to do it for them while they sit back and observe? The amount of confusion, frustration, paranoia and hostility existing on these forums alone has generated scores of fake theories, artwork, titles and leaked audio clips. I'm not saying that the information Tool has given us is true either, but I think that we as fans have thrown more red herrings at one another than the band could have.
04-03-2006, 09:29 PM

Yes...
Old 04-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
Re: Decoys, Diversions and Fakes...

Yes...
OFFLINE |  
Boozy Eulogist's Avatar Boozy Eulogist
04-03-2006, 09:37 PM

I was unaware anyone thought the band was behind these.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

HalfASandwidch
04-04-2006, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozy Eulogist
So was I...
Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozy Eulogist
So was I...
OFFLINE |  
Visceralus's Avatar Visceralus
04-04-2006, 03:23 AM

it's that fucking BLAIR
Old 04-04-2006, 03:23 AM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 20

it's that fucking BLAIR
OFFLINE |  
a_sirian_in_agony's Avatar a_sirian_in_agony
04-04-2006, 08:55 AM

tool just sit back and wait for us to give them shit to write about....were their fucking inspiration...
Old 04-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 33

tool just sit back and wait for us to give them shit to write about....were their fucking inspiration...
04-04-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sirian_in_agony
other people, maybe
Old 04-04-2006, 02:44 PM   #7

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sirian_in_agony
other people, maybe
04-05-2006, 06:10 AM

Here's a thing... Each time I have met maynard in person, he has seemed almost smug, almost as if he disrespects me. This has happened to me each time i have met him, and to alot of my mates who have met him too. Can you blame him? Look at what they are sitting back and watching? We all love the band, but how much do we rip them off and slag them in the process?
Old 04-05-2006, 06:10 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Here's a thing... Each time I have met maynard in person, he has seemed almost smug, almost as if he disrespects me. This has happened to me each time i have met him, and to alot of my mates who have met him too. Can you blame him? Look at what they are sitting back and watching? We all love the band, but how much do we rip them off and slag them in the process?
OFFLINE |  
seadonkey
04-05-2006, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_THE_HAT
I have met Maynard a few times as well, and I met Danny twice. Once was at an APC concert where Pygmy Love Circus opened for APC at the NorVa in Norfolk, VA. Danny is a cool ass motherfucker, and I really dig his style. He is very chill and relaxed and humble about everything. The way he talked to me was like he had known me for years and we were pretty good friends.
Maynard, on the other hand, seems to be very closed-up, introverted, and not very into dealing with the fans or other people. I mean, maybe I got the wrong idea, but I too felt/feel like he sometimes is very disrespectful to the fans.
But, I will say that, when people hold up signs at your shows that say shit like "Maynard is GOD" and stuff like that (I'm sure we've all seen these signs at either a Tool or APC show). A lot of times I understand where it comes from, he's probably frustrated that some retards take what he loves (whether is be music, art, wine, whatever) and then are only intelligent enough to throw up a sign that says "Maynard is GOD!!@!#" Maynard is probably one of those guys with a very tight-knit set of friends and is probably cautious to let others in, because he isn't sure who is there to actually truly be a friend, or just someone looking to get something (free tickets, CDs, etc). I'm sure Danny is probably the same way, but he is a cool son of a bitch.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_THE_HAT
I have met Maynard a few times as well, and I met Danny twice. Once was at an APC concert where Pygmy Love Circus opened for APC at the NorVa in Norfolk, VA. Danny is a cool ass motherfucker, and I really dig his style. He is very chill and relaxed and humble about everything. The way he talked to me was like he had known me for years and we were pretty good friends.
Maynard, on the other hand, seems to be very closed-up, introverted, and not very into dealing with the fans or other people. I mean, maybe I got the wrong idea, but I too felt/feel like he sometimes is very disrespectful to the fans.
But, I will say that, when people hold up signs at your shows that say shit like "Maynard is GOD" and stuff like that (I'm sure we've all seen these signs at either a Tool or APC show). A lot of times I understand where it comes from, he's probably frustrated that some retards take what he loves (whether is be music, art, wine, whatever) and then are only intelligent enough to throw up a sign that says "Maynard is GOD!!@!#" Maynard is probably one of those guys with a very tight-knit set of friends and is probably cautious to let others in, because he isn't sure who is there to actually truly be a friend, or just someone looking to get something (free tickets, CDs, etc). I'm sure Danny is probably the same way, but he is a cool son of a bitch.
OFFLINE |  
embracingyou's Avatar embracingyou
04-05-2006, 10:08 AM

...anyways back to the beer.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #10

Bincount™: 4

...anyways back to the beer.
OFFLINE |  
etaipo's Avatar etaipo
04-05-2006, 10:16 AM