Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Sasha's Avatar Sasha
03-20-2006, 10:13 PM

Well, I saw a hint of this person here on the forums by another member reclaiming the link to that forum. That said, here's the link to all of his posts for you guys to wade through and gather your conclusions or steps to conclusions as to what this journey in these last days has been, what it may be, and what it will be.

Please, don't be negative. This person if, Adam, Maynard, or any other members of the band, then very well so. Just don't flame, because you think it's highly unlikely. Don't flame because it's late at night for most of us as well, if you don't think you can offer anything postive, wait until you're sound to do so. If it does in the end, end up being a regular Joe, then let that sit as well and we might congratulate him on letting us overthink and overanalyze.

That said, here's the link: http://www.10000-days.com/forums/sea...ertediousjaunt
Old 03-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
The most Bosnianest of us all

Bincount™: 4279
anothertediousjaunt

Well, I saw a hint of this person here on the forums by another member reclaiming the link to that forum. That said, here's the link to all of his posts for you guys to wade through and gather your conclusions or steps to conclusions as to what this journey in these last days has been, what it may be, and what it will be.

Please, don't be negative. This person if, Adam, Maynard, or any other members of the band, then very well so. Just don't flame, because you think it's highly unlikely. Don't flame because it's late at night for most of us as well, if you don't think you can offer anything postive, wait until you're sound to do so. If it does in the end, end up being a regular Joe, then let that sit as well and we might congratulate him on letting us overthink and overanalyze.

That said, here's the link: http://www.10000-days.com/forums/sea...ertediousjaunt
OFFLINE |  
The Village Too
03-20-2006, 10:16 PM

you're too cute to flame

Was sprechen Sie?
Cual idioma habla Usted?
What language do you speak?
Old 03-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17
Re: anothertediousjaunt

you're too cute to flame

Was sprechen Sie?
Cual idioma habla Usted?
What language do you speak?
OFFLINE |  
weak&weary
03-20-2006, 10:17 PM

I'm not sure I understand what this thread is for.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

03-20-2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak&weary
Me neither.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 03-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak&weary
Me neither.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
OFFLINE |  
n3b2w
03-20-2006, 10:26 PM

6. the line on the # of posts after this one before you are flamed. pound the under.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:26 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 39

6. the line on the # of posts after this one before you are flamed. pound the under.
OFFLINE |  
Sasha's Avatar Sasha
03-20-2006, 10:27 PM

Review the posts of the person whom this thread is named after and given the link gather your conclusions or put up the building blocks to such things. Communicate in a more constructive way, with more insight rather than our daily ramblings over what is and what is not.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #6

Review the posts of the person whom this thread is named after and given the link gather your conclusions or put up the building blocks to such things. Communicate in a more constructive way, with more insight rather than our daily ramblings over what is and what is not.
OFFLINE |  
researchtriangle's Avatar researchtriangle
03-20-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha
Review the posts of the person whom this thread is named after and given the link gather your conclusions or put up the building blocks to such things. Communicate in a more constructive way....
irony
Old 03-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha
Review the posts of the person whom this thread is named after and given the link gather your conclusions or put up the building blocks to such things. Communicate in a more constructive way....
irony
OFFLINE |  
NWO SHILL
03-21-2006, 02:51 AM

I was actually just reading his posts over at the other forum. I can't believe that I seem to be the only person who recognizes this for what it is. To save me some time try Googling the "publius enigma." In short for those unaware the publius enigma was an internet personality that came to be in a Pink Floyd BB. His emergence coincided with the lauch of The Division Bell. His cryptic remarks about deeper meaning created rumors of Roger Waters return, to even crazier searches for buried treasure. Publius was actually validated when on one post he said look to the lights on some certain date and at a certain time, and at that date and time the word Publius was flashed at a Floyd show in New York I believe.

Anyway where I am getting with this is that this guy is definitely familiar with this and his writing is a blatant ripoff of the publius enigma. If you research the enigma posts you will find striking similarities including where he signs off once with "keep talking" a Floyd song and the way Publius signed off many of his posts. Also there is the 5 word mantra deal with "Communicate, Visualise, yadda yadda yadda." Publius did this almost verbatim.

Conclusion: This guy is looking for his 5 minutes.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:51 AM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

I was actually just reading his posts over at the other forum. I can't believe that I seem to be the only person who recognizes this for what it is. To save me some time try Googling the "publius enigma." In short for those unaware the publius enigma was an internet personality that came to be in a Pink Floyd BB. His emergence coincided with the lauch of The Division Bell. His cryptic remarks about deeper meaning created rumors of Roger Waters return, to even crazier searches for buried treasure. Publius was actually validated when on one post he said look to the lights on some certain date and at a certain time, and at that date and time the word Publius was flashed at a Floyd show in New York I believe.

Anyway where I am getting with this is that this guy is definitely familiar with this and his writing is a blatant ripoff of the publius enigma. If you research the enigma posts you will find striking similarities including where he signs off once with "keep talking" a Floyd song and the way Publius signed off many of his posts. Also there is the 5 word mantra deal with "Communicate, Visualise, yadda yadda yadda." Publius did this almost verbatim.

OFFLINE |  
Sasha's Avatar Sasha
03-21-2006, 01:15 PM

Whatever the case, it's actually making people think and put their thoughts together. Something that's very absent here.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #9

Whatever the case, it's actually making people think and put their thoughts together. Something that's very absent here.
OFFLINE |  
Andorion's Avatar Andorion
03-21-2006, 01:27 PM

Some guy having fun, gg.

I especially like how he talks very spiritual like :)
Old 03-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #10
Avatar of the Gods (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 13

Some guy having fun, gg.

I especially like how he talks very spiritual like :)
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
03-21-2006, 03:13 PM

unless the album is called Visualies, which i actually think is pretty fuckin cool, i say this guys a quack. i mean, he cant even fuckin spell.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #11
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

unless the album is called Visualies, which i actually think is pretty fuckin cool, i say this guys a quack. i mean, he cant even fuckin spell.
OFFLINE |  
kyyuulle's Avatar kyyuulle
03-21-2006, 04:55 PM

the more i read this guy's posts, the more I think that this IS Adam Jones.

anothertediousjaunt

A= Adam
T= whatever his middle name might be
J= Jones
Old 03-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

the more i read this guy's posts, the more I think that this IS Adam Jones.

anothertediousjaunt

A= Adam
J= Jones
OFFLINE |  
bluefire's Avatar bluefire
03-21-2006, 05:03 PM

Can't be Adam. Though myspace we know that Adam can't spell that well, and isn't nearly eloquent enough to type that.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #13
On Probation

Bincount™: 810

Can't be Adam. Though myspace we know that Adam can't spell that well, and isn't nearly eloquent enough to type that.
OFFLINE |  
03-21-2006, 05:08 PM

suit yourself...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

suit yourself...
OFFLINE |  
magnolia's Avatar magnolia
03-21-2006, 05:22 PM

"Enlargen the universe around you", he says. My opinion, without flaming, is that this guy obviously has no relation to Tool.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:22 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

"Enlargen the universe around you", he says. My opinion, without flaming, is that this guy obviously has no relation to Tool.
OFFLINE |  
ARMZ's Avatar ARMZ
03-21-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyyuulle
Thomas
Old 03-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyyuulle
Thomas
03-21-2006, 05:39 PM

thank you
Old 03-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

thank you
OFFLINE |  
03-21-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire
Its probably not Justin either, because he would have those wierd ass british phrases and spellings. I'd rule out Danny, because it would have to have some reference to the occult or some god or spirit or something. Maynard is the only one I could imagine typing that, but even still I would expect a poop joke somewhere in his typing.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #18
On Probation

Quote:
Its probably not Justin either, because he would have those wierd ass british phrases and spellings. I'd rule out Danny, because it would have to have some reference to the occult or some god or spirit or something. Maynard is the only one I could imagine typing that, but even still I would expect a poop joke somewhere in his typing.
OFFLINE |  
merkabalus
03-21-2006, 05:50 PM

It's an extremely interesting read. I hate how everyone immediately jumps on the 'is it really a band member' thing as opposed to reading and digesting the posts.

Yes, at the minute every Tool fan is pretty much at saturation point when it comes to hungering for new information, but does that mean everything has to be approached with such a degree of scepticism?

The general concensus on the board seems to be that the album title/tracklist/cover art is all bullshit. If that is the case, we have a lot of threads analysing things which no one seems to believe are real. However, someone posts something well intentioned and well written about the nature of Tool's past work and where the new work is headed and people don't even discuss it?

I couldn't care less if ATJ is a band member or a Turing test computer. At least he/she/it can construct a post that involves communication and interesting ideas - unlike the majority of garbage I've seen posted here in the last few months.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:50 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

It's an extremely interesting read. I hate how everyone immediately jumps on the 'is it really a band member' thing as opposed to reading and digesting the posts.

Yes, at the minute every Tool fan is pretty much at saturation point when it comes to hungering for new information, but does that mean everything has to be approached with such a degree of scepticism?

The general concensus on the board seems to be that the album title/tracklist/cover art is all bullshit. If that is the case, we have a lot of threads analysing things which no one seems to believe are real. However, someone posts something well intentioned and well written about the nature of Tool's past work and where the new work is headed and people don't even discuss it?

I couldn't care less if ATJ is a band member or a Turing test computer. At least he/she/it can construct a post that involves communication and interesting ideas - unlike the majority of garbage I've seen posted here in the last few months.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-21-2006, 05:59 PM

Yeah.. everyone knows that theres a guy on there who tries to be Maynard too.. but both of them have created interesting, thought provoking discussion... BUt it just seems that everything they post is like ... 10 seconds too late...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:59 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

Yeah.. everyone knows that theres a guy on there who tries to be Maynard too.. but both of them have created interesting, thought provoking discussion... BUt it just seems that everything they post is like ... 10 seconds too late...
03-21-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO SHILL

The theme of "The Division Bell" is suppose to be about communication. I did not dig deep into this because I do not own the album. There is suppose to be a puzzle to follow along with the album involving communication. A specific book was recommended to go along with the album and theme although I forget the book title.

Last edited by exojjl; 03-21-2006 at 09:38 PM..
Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO SHILL

The theme of "The Division Bell" is suppose to be about communication. I did not dig deep into this because I do not own the album. There is suppose to be a puzzle to follow along with the album involving communication. A specific book was recommended to go along with the album and theme although I forget the book title.

Last edited by exojjl; 03-21-2006 at 09:38 PM..
OFFLINE |  
03-21-2006, 09:27 PM

I will say that whoever this dude is, hes a good writer and he makes you think
Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 PM   #22
On Probation

OFFLINE |  
exojjl's Avatar exojjl
03-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Who? You did not direct your post at anyone specific. Next time please do so.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:42 PM   #23
Level 8 - Vociferous

03-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Quote:
What a fucking idiot. I am sadden to know that I live on this planet with you. Go kill yourself, cosmic-shit.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #24
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
What a fucking idiot. I am sadden to know that I live on this planet with you. Go kill yourself, cosmic-shit.
03-21-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exojjl
this anorthertediousjaunt guy, is a good read.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:49 PM   #25
On Probation

Quote:
this anorthertediousjaunt guy, is a good read.
OFFLINE |  
03-21-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:

hahaha.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #26
On Probation

Quote:

hahaha.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply