opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 03-05-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
HEy read bitch

Wat i think this song is about is a girl that Maynard or someone in the band was trying to remember from awhile ago. Thats why at this one part "So good to see you.I've missed you so much.So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running away?" It seems he must of found the girl but she changed and ran away from the person he was like she was afraid. "Prying open my third eye. So good to see you once again. I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away. Chasing the tail of dogma. I opened my eye and there we were." By prying open his third eye is opening up his memory of the girl that he misses also it was like he is getting back his memorys of her and also how he is like i thought you were hiding but she was there in his memory the whole time.
"A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
It said that life is but a dream."
He is recalling a familer song he might had with that girl as a child. "On my back and tumbling Down that hole and back again Rising up And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye." He is learning how to see the memorys in his head again of that familer person.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50
Fuck you for calling me a bitch.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:36 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 4
Re: HEy read bitch

it's more obviously about an out of body experience in which one meets his past or futurre self...probably to let go of memories so he can progress past himself. It could be about another person, though....
Old 03-09-2003, 02:48 PM   #4
ry.
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 58
i always thought the song was about introspection, and examining a part of yourself you may have left behind, and forgot about.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:28 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
youre all right

the only time ud be wrong was if your interpretation was in the wrong context

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: