opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 06. Swamp Song
User Name
Password
Old 01-24-2003, 02:44 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 28
my interpretation...

"My warning meant nothing, you're dancing in quicksand. Why don't you watch where you're wandering, why don't you watch where you're stumbling, you're wading knee deep, but go ahead, and you may never come back again."

This applies to so many people that I regretfully know. People constantly pushing their boundaries, testing your limitations with no thought about the consequences that they would endure because of it.

I constantly think about those lyrics while working. I work at a gas station, and when you're a fuckin' jockey at a convenient store, you see the dumbest of the dumb. It's amazing how much humanity DOES push their boundaries. The thing is, EVERYONE needs to buy gas, so I get to witness EVERYONE in their stupidity.

With those lyrics going through my head while I'm working, it makes me chuckle to myself, because these people have no idea exactly how much they really are pushing their boundaries. You all might be a little confused on how this actually applies, but for those of you who have had a "customer service" job should know what I'm talking about.

These people think that because you're sitting behind a cash register, that you have an obligation to be nice to them no matter what type of shit they throw at you. Well, for most people, that's true... but these people have never encountered someone that just doesn't care one way or another about their stupid, piddly fuckin' attitudes that they so blindly throw at me.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:43 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18
wal*mart too

i got to some dumb ass fuckers at wal*mart when i worked there in the home entertanment depatment, "do you work here?" "where is (name of item that is right next to the custmer) at?" "do you sell TV's here?" (standing 15 feet from a wall of TV's) "where are the front doors?" or on the phone "whats your phone number at the stor?" then after saying "Wal*mart home entertanment." i would get "is this wal*mart?" so i know just what you mean... i hate people :|
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:33 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Suck them down

I really enjoyed both your stories about your customer service jobs, and I have been there, done that. So I see what you two are takling about. However that is not what the song means to me. I see it as you(for instance) telling someone that you sort of know not to do somehing, but they are a stupid dumb ass, and the like. So they do not heed your warning, so they go into a bad situation blindly. There fore it their own fault so you really can't feel too bad for them. SO ultimatley you really don't fell sorry for them, and I believe that this songs portrays that. But at the same time Tool, being themselves, their songs mean different things to different people(obviously). That is what I love about them, their songs really do not mean any one thing they mean a whole host of things. Enjoy life and everything that you do. "Get out while you can..."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: