opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 11-20-2002, 08:13 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Third Eye

I think this song is about learning to use abilities that as a whole, the human race has forgotten about over centuries.
When he says :
" I do not recognize the vessel,
But the eyes seem so familiar"
I think it means he doesn't recognize that part of himself, that higher state of being, and yet, it seems familiar because it has been a part of him all along.

I think the chorus line is the higher self speaking to the other.
"So good to see you.
I've missed you so much
So glad it's over.
I've missed you so much,
Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running away?"
I think this is the higher self letting the other (self) know that it has been there all along, watching, waiting, coming into it's own. The part about "Came out to watch you play", I feel, signifies an innocence or naivety that is somewhat maintained in remaining unaware of our full abilities. And "Why are you running away?", I feel that signifies the other (self) being frightened of the the higher self because it is unknown, unlearned.
" I stick my hand into his shadow
To pull the pieces from the sand
Which I attempt to reassemble
To see just who I might have been"
I think this symbolizes the moment that the other (self) knows the higher self is part of it, and trying to reincorporate that back into your life. Wondering who you would have been had that part never been lost or hidden from your view.

Just some thoughts.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 02:05 PM   #2
Human

Bincount™: 2
Tertius Oculus

the song third eye is about reaching out for the horizon, tear apart those clouds that numb yourself. tool is prying for you to see wake up and see more than the eyes reach
also it is a know hindu chakra, a state of mind. there are too many people who often listen third eye and think that the job is done. your open
i am sure my third eye is still blind, but since i started my toolshed journey, things have started to change, i see the colours different now
Old 11-23-2002, 10:59 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Re: Tertius Oculus

i think it's about what it says. i think he's realizing that what he thought was the world he lived in is very different from the way he'd been "seeing" it. a lot like that scene in matriz where he asks why his eyes were hurting and his was that he'd never used them before.

he's on his back. he's backing up and starting over. he's clearing away the things that were clouding his vision and his mind before so that he can get a new world of understandings, understand his former self more, understand his former unconscios self and so on.

i think that face is his own. he could be looking into something like what we would call water or something, or he could be blue with a serene calmness that he hadn't had before. but more than likely he's not blue himself, but radiating an insane amout of happiness. and just like we can tell when someone is in a really prozac mood that could be what's going on here. in the first part anyways
Old 11-25-2002, 04:13 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Re: Third Eye

I couldn't put it in words but go here and you'll learn everything you would ever want to know about the Thrid Eye.

Webpage:
www.crystalinks.com/thirdeyepineal.html
Old 11-26-2002, 03:35 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Third Eye and hallucinogens

I have read (but not experienced myself yet) that when you use hallucinogenic drugs (Bill Hicks talks about drugs in general at the start of the song) you achieve a state of wellbeing, a connectedness with everything around you, often multiple splitting of the ego (thus there may be an observer or a higher voice talking to you like in the song). There is a recognition of everything you experience. This state is not unlike the one a child experiences when s/he is growing up. Your eyes and mind are completely open, and you see everything as it is, objectively (this is called Ego death). You may begin to understand your own negatyive and positive sides by thinking in this manner

So good to see you - I've missed you so much

The singer doesn't understand that he he has missed this state so much until he has experienced it. Still there is a feeling of recognition, he knows he has been here before (maybe as a child)

Well, those were my thoughts. This song is definitely connected with hallucinogenic drugs, though.

One individual with electrons in his hand can bring down an empire. Go for it all.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:14 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i really like floydian's interpretation of the song, it puts it in a totally different light for me. i am really interested in the idea of humans using their natural abilites that have been repressed (prying open the third eye) because of technology and the like. does anyone have any idea where i can learn more about it?
Old 12-02-2002, 02:06 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpioali
i really like floydian's interpretation of the song, it puts it in a totally different light for me. i am really interested in the idea of humans using their natural abilites that have been repressed (prying open the third eye) because of technology and the like. does anyone have any idea where i can learn more about it?
Thanks scorpioali!!!
I would suggest doing some research on a few different things.
There is alot of speculation as to how the pyramids were built as it is virtually impossible. I believe that this "higher state of self" is what is responsible for that. You may do some research on the pyramids.

Also, I would find some books or arcticles on:
Third Eye-this will come up in an internet search.
Telepathy
Psychometry
Clairvoyance
These are all smaller parts of that higher self.

I read a book once, called " How to practice telepathy, psychometry, and Clairvoyance" by Walter Earnest Butler.
It is without a doubt, one of the most interesting books I have read. It gets into some actual experiments and stuff that you can do to help "Pry open your third eye", although I have never tried any of them because I no longer have the book.
I will see what else I can come up with, in the meantime, if you find any information you'd like to share, I am ALL EARS.
This stuff totally fascinates me.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:54 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
an interesting book which includes a chapter or so on the pineal gland is 'where science and magic meet' by Serena Roney-Dougal.
personally i couldn't put this book down
Old 12-03-2002, 09:19 AM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Some other books that may be of interests are the '21 Lessons of Merlyn' and 'Grimoire of Shadows' they each have lessons including hidden human abilities.

I have to say that I did enjoy the original post and I think it is indeed containing some shard of truth. As to the question about the splintering of consciousness from the use of hallucinagens...yes indeed psylocibin mushrooms can easily cause strange states of perception...in my experience including the realization that time didnt exist and functioning without it...feeling as if every action I was taking was in fact for the first time (i cant remember the actual word... javis vu?) but everything had a very beautiful newness to it. I spent some time speaking with what I have to think of as reflections or indeed parts of my own psyche which challenged my way of thinking. After a little while i ran into the loop of thinking...confusion and fear....but then i decided the fear was unfounded and that i might as well allow myself to fall away 'I' was meaningless...and then I experienced something profound...i no longer had a sense of self or 'I' instead I simply existed and it was undescribable. It was as if I was simply observing my own actions...and yet was part of them at the same time. But as was stated previously I had the sense that I was doing things again for the first time...but obviously I had in fact stood before in my life, or felt the coolness of stone...but in that moment it was both new and old.

its hard to recognize self when it isnt how you think it should look...u know who it is but its form is strange...
Old 12-08-2002, 06:21 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

Third Eye is about allowing yourself to see what others don't. Too many shallow people inhabit this world, all running around like confused monkeys. They haven't had the time to sit down and try to see things thru a different perspective. That different perspective is your Third Eye. It does happen to me, but only in rare instances when i am attempting to find answers, or "chasing the trail of smoke and reason."
Old 12-10-2002, 02:14 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

to euthanasia and shakledeidolon

i think i am coming into this state both of you have mentioned
i find it hard tho, with no real support, i am the only one i know personally who feels or seeks to feel this connection. i've read tons of webpages and have a few books on similar topics, and they all say that for real progress a mentor is needed. i feel like i want one, but cant find one
it gets kind of frustrating sometimes, but my motivation to evolve drives me
i want to "feel the change consume me"
if either of you have any thoughts, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Hydrophobe -bassist / guitarist

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: