opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 04. Bottom
User Name
Password
Old 11-20-2002, 03:50 AM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
It's about being overly obsessive

Quoting ' I survive on the poison you feed me '

Bottom is about loving someone unkonditionally, no matter how much it kills and destroys you inside.

Not being underlaying, the song is about self destruction.

just my 2 cents
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 04:57 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

I completely agree with you. im going through a situation with a girl that means so much to me and i love her no matter what she does even though she no longer loves me back. i was looking through the lyrics page to find lyrics that related to how i was feeling and this song fitted perfect. she read the lyrics in my profile and is now back with me. its amazing how no matter what im going through in life i can find a tool song that relates to it.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:29 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 927
Re: It's about being overly obsessive

I've said this (or something very similar) in several other threads, and I'll probably say it again a few hundred more times: Every song can be interpreted in many ways...it's almost impossible to tell what the true meaning behind the song is...even if the writer of a song explains the meaning, it can still mean something different for YOU. I say, make these songs yours.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

i think a problem with the way people interpret tool's songs may be that they choose specific situations. the song may be about self-destruction, but it's not about maynard being upset about his girlfriend. these songs define concepts that apply to the state of mind, not necessarily the external situation.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:54 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

That is the true beauty of Tool songs, they mean something within every kind of situation. Hence why I like them so much. No matter what you may be experiencing at the time a song can mean something completely different to you, then if you were not feeling in such a way. So as I have said many a time before, that songs, Tool's for sure, can mean any host of things.
Then your mouth
Old 10-22-2004, 10:44 PM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

it can mean whatever you'd like it to mean, but when the band wrote the song, they had it represent a concrete idea, i believe. it is up to us to apply this idea into our lives.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:35 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

that too is one way to look at it, but I still feel as though they write their songs so as to be taken however someone wants.
Then your mouth

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: