opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 06. Swamp Song
User Name
Password
Old 05-13-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Warning

I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but lately I've had the feeling that this song was a prediction of things to come (things from tool).

I've been reading posts in the Lateralus and Salival (No Quarter secret messages..) where people have claimed to feel like they're being pulled too far into the lyrics of tool
..and of course the now cliche'd "overthinking, overanalyzing" line..or how poeple feel tool's songs have given them a different outlook on the world that they can't get rid of now..no more of the bliss from ignorance.

I don't know..I know that lately I've been pulled into analyzing the lyrics more and more..I can't believe how much random stuff I've learned from these threads..philosophy, religion, occult, fibonacci..etc. Maybe I'm the stupid beligerant fucker that got sucked down and now I can't turn back..if that makes sense at all.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:41 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: Warning

In an off sense yes it does make sense. Perhaps the band, through making such odd and intriquing songs, have in fact pulled people into what they wanted to avoid. But then again that is what happens when someone comes around and shines a light bright enough upon subjects that they cannot be denied nor overlooked. Perhaps Tool did create a double edged sword with what they are doing and perhaps not. For that may be reading to deep into it, to quote the line that you did...
Then your mouth
Old 01-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 3

I atold one on my friends the same thing. I really do believe they are talking about thier own music in this song.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 136

If people want to over analyze, then let them over analyze. I don't see any harm in it. But in connection with life, I really fucking hate people who pick things apart into miniscule details. I don't see how the band is creating a double edged sword, maybe they're being "worshipped" like just like the people and ideas they denounce?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:13 AM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinikal
Maybe I'm the stupid beligerant fucker that got sucked down and now I can't turn back..if that makes sense at all.
Makes total sense. I had never thought about it that way.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:08 AM   #6
lou
Level 3 - Talker

yeah well his warning meant nothing as he says, and i think thats basically just how it is everything is open to misinterpetation in this ocean of chaos, the complexities seem harsh at first and but it necessary just like ''life feeds off life'', destruction destroys but it also creates destruction, tragedy, and despair which are all motivators to get off our asses and continue new causualities, am i getting anywhere??? hmmm.....its like the philosophers say new solutions are just new problems......illusionary the world were in, metaphysics may be of some use, try anyalyzing lateralus ive heard its more generalized then interpersonal.....
Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

... ...
... You believe this song from the album "Undertow" is a prediction of the future? A prediction of the future of Tool? You believe that the lyrics to "Swamp Song" are a prediction of how Tools fans will - in the future - over analyse the lyrics to Tool songs, getting sucked into the deeper and deeper meanings - without having been invited to do so - with no way of turning back since the "warning" Tool delivered in this blast from the past has "meant nothing"? That is what you believe?

I don't intend to sound like a dumbass, belligerent fucker - but I don't find that very plausible. Of course, you're free to interpret the song in whatever way you wish. I just disagree.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #8

Bincount™: 9

Mm yeah. It doesn't. There's no way in hell he would predict the future of his songs, look at how much they've changed since this song. Sorry dude but I have to disagre as well.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: