opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 06. Message to Harry Manback
User Name
Password
Old 01-13-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
harry connected to die eier von satan

i think that these two songs are connected to show the power of language.
message to harry manback is a recording of a person who is saying something very evil set to piano that is very soothing and beautiful. if a listener did not know either language being used here, it may seem as though it were a love song.
on the other hand, die eier von satan is very simple light lyrics about baking cookies, set to very heavy sinister sounding music. since this is in german, i always thought it was saying something rather evil, then come to find out it is a recipie.
i believe that these two songs are to point out the power of language and of suggestion. I dont think they are related in lyrics or anything like that, just two intermissions that want to illustrate the same point.
l l AND PROSPER
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:29 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

thats a good interpretation but like many tool songs, i think the song has multiple meanings.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:52 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
what other meanings does anyone see in this song? i see the paradox between the speaker and the music. any idea what it means?
Old 01-17-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

the voice in die eier von satan sounds like hitler so i see what you are saying
Old 01-24-2003, 02:41 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

yeah thats funny, when i didnt know what was being said, i thought that the "magic words" being said was some super long german word. then i found out and felt stupid. haha.
l l AND PROSPER

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: