opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 05-04-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 430
Meditation and natural Third Eye

Try meditating with a surroundsound system and Third Eye blasting. It's absolutely amazing -- it's best if you're tired and can go into the hypnotic semisleep waking dream state (of course, if you want a little less of an experience, you could be drunk).

The transitions (especially the 3/4 to 6/8 modulations) make waves of energy wash over your body, but the part that amazed me most was the end. You didn't receive a gigantic explosion of energy that blew you back to reality or anything of the type -- you were let off gradually and reality slowly faded back into focus. As far as music for the sake of ambience goes, Tool definately mastered the concept in this song.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 293
Re: Meditation and natural Third Eye

how well can one clear his mind with sound blasting? i think silence is the only way to truely reach yourself; but that might be a bit close minded to say, i guess we are all different. as for drinking, you should never fog your mind in meditation, you will never find peace, and this belief i do hold solidly.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

It's very easy. I find music helps -- that may be because I'm a musician and have been all my life, but I find it helps. I always feel clearer and more refreshed if I meditate with music blasting.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:43 PM   #4
reddish v3.0

Bincount™: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orph8998
how well can one clear his mind with sound blasting? i think silence is the only way to truely reach yourself
So many things are considered meditation.

You are Talking About:
Zen, calm, stillness, and silence. Clearing your mind of all thoughts. Searching for harmony or balance.

What Third Eye is Good For:
Inducing a trance-like state and working your body and mind into a frenzy. Building up energy, to direct at whatever you wish.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Exactly. The purpose of my meditation is usually to dissociate myself from my body (much like hallucinogenic drugs) and immerse myself in a lucid dream. It's a pursuit of pleasure -- what greater pleasure could there be than that found in a dream which you control?
Old 05-06-2004, 11:43 AM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0

You don't have to drink, or do drugs, to have a good meditation.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
On Probation

Bincount™: 293

no, no, i usually try to reach a hallucinating point myself. and i must say that i have been doign it for two years now and i can make it a wodnerful experience. though my mind is clear while meditating it is cool afterwords. as for music, i think i can see your point, i am mroe of an artist and i am aiming to be an art psychologist, though i was abotu to take a class on music psychology. so if you can mix music with psychology, why nto music with meditation. thogh the words always pull me away...
Old 05-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't have to indulge in drugs to meditate and hallucinate, I know, but oft I'm not in the mood to put forth the effort or even have the ability to do so unaided. That deep of meditation is a commitment, especially when done naturally as opposed to artificially. And often times I don't have or don't want to spend the time to do it without 'help'.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:01 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

i meditate while listening to songs such as pushit -live and third eye frequently, im usually stoned and the experience is absolutely amazing... its ultimate, and no words in the english language can truely justify the description of the experience.

i meditate to these songs sober and its great, but psychedelics can really enhance the feeling.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:09 PM   #10
Banned.

Bincount™: 2518

listening to NIN while drunk kicks arse as well . . .
Old 05-07-2004, 05:14 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

When music's not available, I found healthy balls (those little iron orbs you rotate in your hands that make a jingling sound) are really relaxing.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:12 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Although dabbling which such things very very lightly I.e simply finding comfort, eyes closed, darkness, etc, and listening to Third Eye/Ions/cesaro summability and trying to conjure up images etc, but I've never really been able to take it beyond simply creating images from the sound. i have never been able to properly hallucinate, I get distracted, my mind is still full of thought. How can I empty my thoughts so that I may achieve a deeper state?
Old 05-25-2004, 08:40 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Meditation.
Forcefully clearing your thoughts is one of the most difficult things ever. I've found it's an intermediary step, too. The purpose of my meditation is hallucination and lucid dreams, and clearing my mind to fill it with what I want is a middle-man in the process. Relax all the muscles in your body by taking deep breaths and letting them force themselves out, and then just don't worry. After that, you should be in control.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:22 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli70
Meditation.
Forcefully clearing your thoughts is one of the most difficult things ever. I've found it's an intermediary step, too. The purpose of my meditation is hallucination and lucid dreams, and clearing my mind to fill it with what I want is a middle-man in the process. Relax all the muscles in your body by taking deep breaths and letting them force themselves out, and then just don't worry. After that, you should be in control.
Ahh, it sort of worked this time! I tried it whilst listening to Salival Pushit...whilst tired, and I managed to control myself and relax all of my muscles using the breathing techniques. But, I didn't completely empty my mind - I let myself sink deep into a single thought, almost to the point of unconsciousness, and then, when Maynard's rings out just before the last few riffs, I was almost pulled out of that thought. It felt as if I'd been underwater and was suddenly pulled out of the water, but then I just felt a sudden rush of energy and euphoria spread throughout my body - not a single thought within my mind, just euphoria. It lasted for 20 seconds, rather dissapointingly cut short, but at the time it was very euphoric. Is this maybe what the originator of this topic was describing, excluding the hallucinations?
Old 05-28-2004, 07:30 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yes, that is exactly what I'm describing.
It's very much like hypnosis or a drug-induced state of mind. Generally, though, once out of it you feel very refreshed and either energetic or peaceful. I'd say avoid alcohol when meditating unless you intend to sleep afterwards.
Usually the hallucinations are what happen when you follow that train of thought. It's really nothing more than a deep, deep daydream.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: