opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 06. Message to Harry Manback
User Name
Password
Old 01-07-2003, 01:23 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
"Harry Manback" is your avergae american

Listen to the song, and you will notice one thing: HARRY MANBACK IS THE LISTENER! He is talking to YOU, the american consumer. Seriously, Maynard most likely meant this as a message to all americans. A message to the hairy backs of lazy american consumers that are simply numbers in the grand sceme of things.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:02 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Maybe I wasnt clear enough. The mesage is TO Harry Manback. Who is Harry Manback? YOU. The lyrics totally back this up. He Is talking to YOU. Think about it, think about what type of person Maynard is and you would understand. He is just trying to bamboozle every single one of us and insult everyone without them even knowing it. And I must say it is brilliant.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #3
The Burninator

Bincount™: 483
How do you know what kind of man Maynard is? Also, there are four members in the band. So they would all have to be behind this.............. Besides, they covered that in HusH. lol
Old 01-17-2003, 12:47 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Cmon...
Maynards not that mean is he??!!
He doesnt hope i die of cancer.
:(
Heh..
Interesting thought though.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:18 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

it sounds like a off theory but it does make slight sense
Old 01-30-2003, 04:05 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Well, you guys should already know that Maynard basically insults his listeners in Hooker With A Penis, and in Ticks and Leeches. I dont see how Message to Harry Manback wouldnt be to the listener. A message to Maynard? C'Mon. Why the hell would Tool put this on the album? To be funny? No, its to insult everybody's lifestyle. I guess its there to make you think. But one thing though, it definetly should be taken as talking to YOU. Everyone here knows english right? then what would something like I HOPE YOU DIE OF LUNG CANCER means? What does the word YOU mean? This message is getting too long so with that ill let everyone think about it on their own.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:35 AM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 25
Wll the song is "Message TO Harry Manback".. which implies that it's to certain people.. Of course he's talking to us.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:52 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24
Hold on a sec...

I though this was a message left on their answering machine by this italian guy that knew a friend that knew a friend of Tool. He wasn't invited to a party, and he left this message on their answering machine. That's what the FAQ says, right?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:38 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: "Harry Manback" is your avergae american

For all you fools who think you know what kind of person Maynard is... quit talking about stuff you know nothing about. Maynard said himself:
-All you know about me is what I sold you... dumb fuck

just had to clarify that for ya...
Old 10-13-2004, 05:25 AM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDebator
For all you fools who think you know what kind of person Maynard is... quit talking about stuff you know nothing about. Maynard said himself:
-All you know about me is what I sold you... dumb fuck

just had to clarify that for ya...
fuck off
Old 10-18-2004, 04:51 AM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 5

And what gives you the authority to clarify that for us dumbfuck masterbator? Did you not buy the album dipshit? I dont know where all of you get off saying that we are trying to figure out maynard... we are trying to figure out the message he is pointing to. And no he didn't fucking write the message. THEY wrote a sort of map.

You are probably too constricted to understand this...
Old 10-19-2004, 04:27 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangular_Vision
And what gives you the authority to clarify that for us dumbfuck masterbator? Did you not buy the album dipshit? I dont know where all of you get off saying that we are trying to figure out maynard... we are trying to figure out the message he is pointing to. And no he didn't fucking write the message. THEY wrote a sort of map.

You are probably too constricted to understand this...
What do you mean by map? Can you explain more, I would really like to hear more thoughts on this "map". Its an interesting concept that Tool would make some type of map for us but criticizes fans for making assumptions of are own about the lives of members of Tool.

On a side note: I thought Harry Manback was a real person or I was told. Hmm maybe i was wrong.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: