opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 03-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #1

Bincount™: 61
my new theory on my third eye

i think its about a mushroom trip, out in a forrest or something. when maynard says "i thought you ran away" etc i think hes talking about hes subjective mind. its like hes objective mind and subjective mind are talking. so i think the construct of a drug trip (the ideas you get etc) is the construct of the song. but i think theres much more to the song than just tripping. danny said something like "my third eye is like a summary of the entire album" so the song has lots of different meanings and messages. what i think about mainly in the song though is a tripper discovering pieces of hes TRUE SELF and witnessing that hes been a yuppie or dishonest etc. so hes redescovering who he use to be, THE BETTER SELF, maybe from childhood, maybe from a previous life.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
.TP
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1929
Re: my new theory on my third eye

please elaborate.......
Old 03-21-2004, 10:37 PM   #3

i did ya lazy shit :) im not gonna paste the whole song and work out every part, i havent worked out every little bit yet. i just posted this so people can think about it next time they listen to it. they can then come back with their own ideas and we can work out what ideas we think are the strongest.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:57 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAbstraction
i think its about a mushroom trip, out in a forrest or something. when maynard says "i thought you ran away" etc i think hes talking about hes subjective mind. its like hes objective mind and subjective mind are talking. so i think the construct of a drug trip (the ideas you get etc) is the construct of the song. but i think theres much more to the song than just tripping. danny said something like "my third eye is like a summary of the entire album" so the song has lots of different meanings and messages. what i think about mainly in the song though is a tripper discovering pieces of hes TRUE SELF and witnessing that hes been a yuppie or dishonest etc. so hes redescovering who he use to be, THE BETTER SELF, maybe from childhood, maybe from a previous life.
"overthinking, overanalyzing seperates the body from the mind"
Old 03-22-2004, 01:04 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

neochrist is obsessed with that line...
Old 03-22-2004, 11:28 AM   #6
.TP
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1929

Quote:
i did ya lazy shit :) .

u got that right. :p
Old 03-22-2004, 03:27 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
I think you have a very interesting interpretation, but i think its obvious that its about drugs, specifically acid, because of the drug-related drops in the beginning, and the idea of the Third Eye. I once saw an episode of the X-Files about a man who opened up his third eye, and how its about opening a higher consciousness within onesself, the same with acid. The idea of the third eye comes from an old eastern cult, that also has a lot of affiliations with acid, by the way
Old 03-22-2004, 03:50 PM   #8
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis
neochrist is obsessed with that line...
"learn to swim"
Old 03-22-2004, 07:49 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

and that line too
Old 03-25-2004, 02:31 AM   #10

you know the name of that x-files ep? hehe sounds pretty cool. neochrist, you dont need to tell me that, lateralus is my favourite song of any band. one of my favourite lines is "kill the body and the brain will die" not out of a tool song if youre wondering :D
Old 03-25-2004, 01:57 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
you know the name of that x-files ep? hehe sounds pretty cool. neochrist, you dont need to tell me that, lateralus is my favourite song of any band. one of my favourite lines is "kill the body and the brain will die" not out of a tool song if youre wondering :D
Yes, it is a quote from the Matrix actually. A movie that is so quoted that it's quotes have become cliche (little accent mark over the e). It is a cool movie and all, but people should find another source of good quotes, perhaps oneself.

"If nothing else kills you, breathing will."
Old 03-25-2004, 02:13 PM   #12
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis
and that line too
"fuck you buddy"
Old 03-25-2004, 05:52 PM   #13