opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 01-14-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 337
this isn't important

this really doesn't mean much of anything and such because i don't know what the hell i'm talking about but does anyone else think that it sounds like dennis leary saying:

"it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom is what it is, okay? keep that in mind at all times, thank you"

because he says okay all the time and it just really sounds like him...

if this was discussed or stated somewhere else at one point in time, i'm truly sorry....

sort of
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:31 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Location: somewhere I don't wanna be...otherwise known as Indianapolis
Bincount™: 5
Re: this isn't important

All of the spoken word excerpts from the beginning of the song are from comedian Bill Hicks, a friend of the band and drawn in the CD artwork for the album. Check 'im out if you haven't heard of him.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:43 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

Bill Hicks also says okay? a lot. S'a common speech problem, such as saying "like" and "or something" our culture seems to have developed. I say problem becuase they're as annoying as hell.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:36 AM   #4
Orbis De Ignis

Bincount™: 462

Dennis Leary often lifted from Bill's material. If you listen to Leary's No Cure for Cancer alot of Bill's images are used. But it is the great Bill on 3rd eye. Leary was just angry; Bill had vision.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: