opin.menu.register.jpgopin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 05-14-2018, 09:48 PM   #5881
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: General Tool Discussion

About to pass out, but wanted to say that the clinic was largely enjoyable. Here are some notes before I forget.

-they played the grudge, eulogy, descending, jambi, a new segue performed/written by Danny (may* be on the new album), and aenima
-the crowd was super appreciative and into it but split into two camps; one could have ask questions all night, the other just wanted them to keep playing
-they showed us the 2/3rds of the new video for Opiate, it's good.
-they all are incredibly humble and grateful for fans support but maintain their desire to be creative on their own terms
-Adam was feeling under the weather
-Adam stated he's more excited about this next album than he has been about anything he's ever worked on.
-a couple questions were asked pertaining to the band's interest in exploring VR and the response was reserved. They're open to it but it would have to be accessible and it would have to make sense. I took that to mean they wouldn't want it to feel gimmicky.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #5882
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairLicksTaint View Post
swimminginmusic, Would love to hear a recap of clinic! I won't be able to make it out to any of them so I'm curious to hear what people think.
Currently waiting for the train back to O’Hare. Definitely a completely new tool experience for me. I did some early morning sight-seeing and got to the venu about noon. Nobody was in line yet, but 3 tour busses and semis were parked out front, so I decided to take the first seat and watch them unload. After about an hour, Adam walks up, introduces himself (like I didn’t know who he was), and asked if I was there for the show. We spoke for a min and he asked if I could step out of frame while he took a picture with the marquee. All I was thinking was “Be cool. Just be cool...”

The doors were delayed by about 20 mins because the Yondr phone pouches were stuck in traffic, but as soon as they arrived, it was on. 1st through the door so I was about 6ft from Danny’s drumset and dead center. They kept most of the lights on during the performance and Adam encouraged the house lights to stay on during Q&A.

They’d play a couple songs, then sit down and answer some questions, then go back and play some songs. The time seemed to go by VERY quickly. After they were done, we filed out, got our phones back, and were free to either take pics of the artifact museum, or line up to take a picture with Danny & Justin. Security made it clear there was no time for bullshitting. A quick handshake & a picture.

Shirts and signed posters (maybe unsigned also) for ROTR & Northern Invasion were available as well as regular merch. The NI posters were the same design, only blueish.

As far as Chicago goes, I walked thru Millennium Park, hotdog at Portillos, talked to cooks behind Alinea (I’m a chef/fan), saw wriglyville during a game, and had a shot of Malort & beers at Delilah’s Punk & whiskey bar. Thanks for the advice.

Looking forward to reading more reports.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:52 AM   #5883
Level 10 - Vehement

Some more notes that i remembered this morning, and some summary thoughts on the Chicago Clinic;

-When asked what song *that we've heard* took the longest to write, at first Justin answered "Third Eye", but then after a quick exchange with Adam he replaced that with Wings(1&2). Adam commented further that sometimes one of them might have a riff that they really love but it's just not working the context of any arrangement. It might be several years later when someone else comes in with another and they have some eureka moment when suddenly that old riff the other guy had stashed away suddenly works. He then said (if i recall correctly) "This time there's like seven of those." Which I assumed meant tracks on the new album; roughly insinuating that that type of occurrence happened a lot during this writing phase.

-for anyone else attending, sitting the the front row could really pay off big time (assuming what im about to say sounds appealing). During one of the Q&A's, a couple guys in the front row ahead of me asked Adam's guitar tech if they could hold Adam's guitar and he agreed. He hoisted Adam's silverburst over the divider and the guy even got to try his hand a few licks. Others nearby reached out quickly just to grab it briefly. This lasted about a minute before the guys in the front row graciously offered the guitar back to Adam's tech. -- Also, just before they started performing, Adam walked up to the railing, leaned over and said to everyone in the section in front of him, "Look guys, I just want to say I'm sorry, but...", he turned back and pointed toward his amps then faced the crowd again and said, "... It's going to be brutal". To that point, it was probably the loudest performance I've ever heard at the Vic, but still comfortable.

-The first couple songs, the crowd sang along - which, for any other tool "concert" that can get annoying in a hurry; Here, it was really neat. Justin loved it. He even made a point to encourage it from the crowd because it's not an experience they often get to feel that intimate connection to the crowd.

-A guy the crowd who traveled from Bangladesh asked if Tool would ever consider touring in that part of the world. Justin mostly fielded that question saying that until they're touring to support the new record, they'll be staying "close to home". But ultimately answered with the equivalent of 'anything's possible'.

-Regarding the VIP merch packages that will be send out; Adam said toward the end that the intent was to get those out before the clinic tour started. He seemed a little upset that they weren't able to get those out in time, but stated that the items (one in particular being a pin) were meant to be symbolic of the shared experience and he hoped that that sentiment would still be received. At first I kind of felt this thought of, "Alright, it's just a pin and some merch. No need to be upset about it." But this and a couple other comments Adam made during the clinic made it clear; He's really emotionally invested in everything Tool does, even to this day. It's funny; I mention this because whenever Adam was performing, he looked as he always does... He's not very animated, just stiff and deliberate in his motions. Justin practically dances the whole time. Meanwhile, I caught Adam rifling through a riff during The Grudge with ease while leaning over his rig to have a quick conversation with his guitar tech. Things like that both made me appreciate Adam's skill to have all of that chaos locked down to muscle memory - but also made me wonder if his heart was really in it... But the way he talks about the band; It definitely is. He loves this band. He loves what they are doing.

-The Opiate Video: I don't know if this was already cleared up before; but Adam confirmed it. This is the video that Adam/Tool gave full creative license to Dominic Hailstone to do whatever he wanted with the video. Adam said that the best part about it was seeing the video for the first time just like we were about to... The video visually/stylistically is definitely different, but certainly within the Tool universe. There's lots of symbolism and visual metaphor, but notably a larger color palette. A lot more pinks and purples that then standard blue/grey/black/white scheme that nearly every Tool video features.

Highlight for spoilers... This is as much as I can pull from memory; The video features a dark barren landscape dotted with what appeared to be something like tombstones. Floating above the barren landscape was a luminescent ball of red/pink gas that appeared to be symbolic of some sort of God figure. When the music really kicks in with "Deaf and Blind and Dumb and.." a creature bursts out of this black soupy mud and starts flopping about on the ground. As the song progresses we watch this creature violently morph and evolve into a grotesque walking creature. Eventually it forms a hand with something like 7 fingers then protrudes an appendage that reaches up toward the bright, smokey, God ball... the point when it makes contact is when the new extended part of the song kicks it. At this point the video gets very colorful and trippy. I got lost in it by that point. When I caught myself doing that, I thought; "Well that's a good thing... it's been a while since I felt that way about Tool." Moments before the extension wraps up, the video becomes this soupy and bright mix of pinks and purples where you can distinctly see two faces converge and kiss. This is the last significant image I could really make out (no pun intended) before they stopped the video. Adam bluntly/jokingly stated, "We thought we'd save the 3rd act for you for when we release it... obviously... we'd still like to make some more money off you guys." It seemed clear to me that the creature in the video was eventually going to morph into the 6 armed priest from the Opiate cover art.
-end spoilers

Summary thoughts: By and large, I felt like this was an enjoyable experience. I sat 10 feet from Adam and when they played Eulogy in particular... well let's just say I *thought* I knew how to play that song. The meet and mingle was just Danny and Justin, which was fine, I figured this was because Adam said he was sick. It was as swimming stated, mostly a just a quick "hi, nice to meet you" take a picture and move along, type thing. Which was a little awkward... It's not something I really felt like a needed to do, but I figured I might as well given the amount of money I spent. I struggled to think up something to say when it was my turn, but finally settled on simply thanking them for nearly 20 years ago, "forcing me out of my stubborn dismissal of King Crimson". They both laughed, Danny said "I love those guys" and Justin leaned in and asked me, "So what's the secret?". I said, I wasn't quite sure but I experienced a lot of different music beyond that point. At that point I posed for my picture, thanked them both and said I was looking forward to the new album. I felt like that went as well as it could, but it still felt awkward. Barely even real. I'm glad I did it... but I certainly didn't *need* to. If I went to another one of these, I don't think I'd do it again... but it made me wonder why they couldn't have broken up the ticket packages into 2 separate categories. Maybe $250/500 where the more expensive included the signed, commemorative ticket and the meet and "mingle". I say this mostly because this made existing the venue take really(!) long time for some people that may have not even been interested.

Anyways; I left feeling satisfied. It was a little unhinged at times because they didn't want the experience to feel structured. They wanted the audience to guide the experience, and as I stated earlier, I think there was a disparity amongst the attendees as to what that experience should be.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:51 PM   #5884
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Thanks for the great review eE. Cool to hear about the Bangladeshi fan - Tool ain't going anywhere near his country though, despite Justin's optimism!
Old 05-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #5885
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Namaste!
Old 05-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #5886
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
Thanks for the great review eE. Cool to hear about the Bangladeshi fan - Tool ain't going anywhere near his country though, despite Justin's optimism!
I think even Justin knew that. He was certainly doing his best to humor him without making it too obvious.

btw, just had a chance to re-read my post and I apologize for all of the typo's. I did a quick skim while proofreading this morning; but clearly my fingers have a mind of their own whenever I type out big posts and I missed a bunch I should have corrected. Hopefully it's still understandale.

@Swimming; The only thing I never really got around to doing was checking out the "memorabilia museum" they had back by the bar area. Did you check it out? If so, did you get any pictures of it?
Old 05-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #5887
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
@Swimming; The only thing I never really got around to doing was checking out the "memorabilia museum" they had back by the bar area. Did you check it out? If so, did you get any pictures of it?
They had a couple of framed platinum records, sculptures & masks on display. It was rather small, maybe 12 items or so. Cool to see some of the things from the videos in person. Also, the amount of detail in the opiate priest was amazing.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:37 AM   #5888
Level 7 - Loquacious

The St.Paul Clinic was cool, but overall i would say it was not worth the price if you had done previous VIPs. It was almost the exact same experience. It was really cool seeing them play songs up close, and being able to have a few drinks this time as well though.
07/05/2007 - Grand Rapids MI | 01/24/2012 - Toledo, OH | 01/22/2016 St. Louis | 10/26/2016 - Denver | 06/08/2017 - Rosemont, IL | 06/09/2017 - St Paul, MN | 05/13/2018 Norther Invasion | 05/20/2018 Rock on the Range
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #5889
Level 10 - Vehement

I will say, I think there is room to improve on this concept if they decide to do it again. It might be neat to see if they can survey ticket holders prior to the show and essentially have them vote on 5-8 song setlist. Then spend a little more time breaking down key sections of each song for that audience. I would have liked to hear them run through Reflection, Triad, or all of D/R/T, Flood, Rosetta Stoned... the latter was actually something I heard a fair amount of interest in from people sitting near me.

I did lean more towards the side wanting to hear them play another couple songs and enjoyed the portions where they were actually detailing their technique with their instrument, rather than "Hey, have you seen Annihilation?!".

Adam did, btw. Four times. He didn't like it. He had to see it four times to be sure about it.

But I mean, to avoid sounding cynical about it... I think any of that was possible within the current format to some degree. I mean, Danny did essentially take the request of someone in the audience to demonstrate the 5 on 7 polyrhythm portion of Rosetta Stoned. He had to load in some presets to his drum brains (I think) prior to doing so. I saw that Adam's guitar tech did have his gold top Les Paul ready to go, assuming that was tuned up for Parabol/a. I think they were mostly prepared to play just about anything and were maybe making choices about what to play based on the vibe of the room. So ultimately I feel like the audience has a lot more control at these things than they think.

However, It still may be a good idea to give the whole experience a little more structure.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #5890
Level 10 - Vehement

Writing that jarred another detail from the night out of my head. There was a point when Adam was talking about polyrhythms and what he thinks of as "counter-rhythms" (which I supposed could also be counterpoint or cross-rhythms), the latter he said would be occurring when he and Justin are playing a the same or similar riff one measure, then the next measure Adam takes a note out of the riff and it creates this "counter rhythm", then the following measure Justin adds a new note for one measure and the whole thing changes again. I feel like I should have asked, but I felt like he was alluding to the opening of Vicarious. He said that stuff like that is heavily influenced by King Crimson's THRAK album (iirc). Which is funny because there's actually more examples of stuff like that on Discipline.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #5891
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I think even Justin knew that. He was certainly doing his best to humor him without making it too obvious.

btw, just had a chance to re-read my post and I apologize for all of the typo's. I did a quick skim while proofreading this morning; but clearly my fingers have a mind of their own whenever I type out big posts and I missed a bunch I should have corrected. Hopefully it's still understandale.
Easily understandale
Old 05-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #5892
Level 10 - Vehement

lol unbelievable
Old 05-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #5893
Up From The Skies

Are standale
Old 05-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #5894
Level 10 - Vehement

Phew!
Old 05-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #5895
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I saw that Adam's guitar tech did have his gold top Les Paul ready to go, assuming that was tuned up for Parabol/a. I think they were mostly prepared to play just about anything. .
There was a set list on the ground in Adam’s area, but after they played the grudge, the scientists came and picked it up. Parabol / Parabola was #2 on the list. It was also a full 90 min set list...
Old 05-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #5896
Up From The Skies

@Chicago Showe

Did they make time stand still, then go back to the future without anyone noticing? Was there moments of pure space traveling astral projection? That magick in the air?!!!
Old 05-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #5897
Level 10 - Vehement

They need lasers to do that.

There were no lasers.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #5898
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
Hey, Junior... will you be a part of the music clinics?
No. They are utilizing just the necessary crew to do their instruments, sound, and basic production.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #5899
Level 10 - Vehement

You could have subbed in for Adam at the meet n greet.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #5900
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
You could have subbed in for Adam at the meet n greet.
Was he sick or something?
I’m at home, so not up on what’s going on.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #5901
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Was he sick or something?
I’m at home, so not up on what’s going on.
Adam did mention he was under the weather at the Chicago Clinic and the meet&greet/photo op was just with Danny and Justin.

Last edited by swimminginmusic; 05-17-2018 at 02:45 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 03:44 PM   #5902
Up From The Skies

Maynard has mentioned that every time he is in Chicago, that he gets sick.

Tool has low immunity to sickness in Chicago.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #5903
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

eE, nice review :)
Old 05-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #5904
Level 10 - Vehement

thx
Old 05-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #5905
Level 4 - Thinker

Bout to head to Philly clinic with brother in law!!so excited for this experience!!!!
Old 05-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #5906
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

lucky bastards
Old 05-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #5907
Level 4 - Thinker

Almost a week out and I want to see this again..had an incredible time..well worth the money...these fellas were straight up humble and very charismatic..the fact that we were sitting directly in front made it such a surreal experience..seeing and hearing this music that has inspired me immensely was such a treat..
Old 05-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #5908
Up From The Skies

TOOL NEWSLETTER

MAY 2018 E.V.

With a few pages left in my Dollar Store legal pad and a heavy dose of blood pressure meds running through my veins, I offer this 18th-anniversay Tool snoozeletter to anyone that might care to read it (perhaps my mother?).

Now that the rare immersive dissections and performances (damn near in your living room!) are a thing of the past (unless everything occurs simultaneously?), I can disclose to the billowing masses (including the band members themselves) that I was among those in attendance at one the clinics where I was cleverly disguised as Tipper Gore so as not to be conspicuous. Knowing that the band members would have spared any expense in getting me to the experience – such as a first class airline ticket, five star hotel accommodations, Michelin gourmet “farm to table” greens and late night entertainment where the bowl of assorted nuts at the bar is changed after any one nut is touched, I instead chose to travel on a bumpy Greyhound with a sack that contained the wrong (but right!) Arby’s order and stay at a hostel with a mirror that didn’t quite do me justice just so I could be there without anyone knowing.

What I wanted to hear was how the guys answered certain questions – such as: How hard is it to tune a nano Silverburst guitar? How many salmon on average does Justin catch while fishing in Alaska from his Boxing Day gift Sikorsky S-76C helicopter? What’s the number of stops on the pipe organ inside the replica Nautilus submarime anchored in Maynard’s swimming pool, and does Danny still feel the mystical vibes from the Knights Templar artifact that was melted down to be included in his Jeff Ocheltree Custom Craft set? Incredibly, no one asked about these things. I would have thought for sure that there would be questions about the advantages of parking bollards at the new loft, or if there were any updates on the new refrigeration system for the vintage Pepsi machine. But, no, instead, fans were asking really odd things like “How’s it going with the recording process?” Is it me – or does that seems kind of silly? Oh, well, you had your chance…

The iced Plobium drinks and endangered animal crackers were a nice touch, and I thought it was prudent of the guys not to hand out gift cans of pumpkin-spiced ravioli until we find out whether or not Chef Boyardee gets accused of sexual harassment with Sarah Lee, Dolly Madison and others?

As for the video props and other items of interest, I wondered if “Problem 8” might be somehow displayed without anyone being aware of it? It was a bit disappointing not to see those crazy ants from planet Serpio that Rance Q. Spartley was involved with, but I can certainly understand the dangers involved with a display like that. Giant Walking Sticks from Indonesia should have been okay, other than the constant watch required by security to keep the f**kers from jaywalking at all hours.

All in all, though, it was great to hear the life changing stories shared by so many Tool enthusiasts to host Justin Roberts (@justinroberts - Facebook.com/TheJustinRoberts) prior to the guys taking the stage (I mean, walking into your living room).

The Tool network on our aqueous blue gem in the cosmos is vast and wide, including fans from India, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and even a Six-Dimensional Non-Newtonian Continuum where Danny signs his name using only a green marker and ideas about pantheistic multiple-ego solipsism are freely discussed.

Thanks again to everyone who seized the moment and made the intimate forums such an unforgettable experience. With all the technical knowledge and philosophical concepts that were shared among the Tool community, I’m looking forward to some great prog-metal in the years to come. Only, watch out for recording studio fires, okay…

Artwork by JOHN DOWNIE,

a fan who attended the clinic in Pittsburgh

without having to make the translation in a continua buggy.

BMB

(But, how do we know for sure?)
Old 06-01-2018, 05:55 AM   #5909
Level 7 - Loquacious

I was honestly pretty underwhelmed and disappointed at the clinic. It was way too similar to the VIPS. I feel like it would work better if it was structured, with less fan questions. So many of them become selfish cringe worthy personal stories, rather than actual questions about the music.

This was advertised as a vastly different experience than the VIP's before hand, and it was almost identical aside from having Danny and Justin.

Dont get me wrong, seeing the guys jam was amazing, but having nothing prepared, and having the fans leading the discussion was a pretty big disappointment. I had fun, but it was not worth the money spent.
07/05/2007 - Grand Rapids MI | 01/24/2012 - Toledo, OH | 01/22/2016 St. Louis | 10/26/2016 - Denver | 06/08/2017 - Rosemont, IL | 06/09/2017 - St Paul, MN | 05/13/2018 Norther Invasion | 05/20/2018 Rock on the Range
Old 06-01-2018, 06:14 AM   #5910
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

I can imagine that if you'd done the VIP session previously, you'd have been a little disappointed there wasn't more to it. Having not been to one personally though, I expect I would have enjoyed it a great deal.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #5911
Level 10 - Vehement

There's definitely truth to both of your comments.

Perhaps if proper time could be allotted so that it could be made clear, "Save your stories for the Meet and Mingle, and even then try to keep them brief" - That way they could have had good reason to keep fans focused when asking a question.

I think any complaints could have easily been muted with one action; given that everyone's phones were sufficiently locked up, they could have played the entirety of Descending and used that as a way of generating some serious hype for the new album. Given the demographic of attendees, they surely would have raved about it across multiple social media outlets and generated a good amount of free press from established metal/rock media outlets.

But I get it. They're extremely cautious about leaks and want to control presentation.

It really was great to hear/see them play in such a personal setting with no flashy light show (no offense, Junior). It really let the music stand on it's own. I'm still in awe of how good they are at their craft.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #5912
Level 7 - Loquacious

was worth every bit of the ticket price and travel expenses for me. It was just dumb luck that I was able to afford it so it was a once-in-a-lifetime situation, and I was not disappointed. I also didn’t go in thinking we would hear anything new. I guess if I had been to a VIP sesh and was expecting something vastly different, maybe I would be disappointed- maybe. I read about the each of the pre-show VIPs, and I felt like the clinic was different than what I perceived the VIPs to be. Sure the “meet and mingle” was more of a “line and photo booth”, and the relic museum was tucked off in the corner, but it was still an experience I couldn’t put a price tag on. If I had the resources I would follow them like people did with the Greatful Dead, and probably never get tired of it- but I was able to afford this one, so I enjoyed every second of it. Room for improvement? I think screening the questions is a great idea. Just throw some blank space on the bottom of the permission slip we all had to fill out, pick some that don’t suck, and have Justin ask the questions or something. Even still, 100% worth it to me. Can’t wait to see what the merch package is all about... has anyone gotten theirs yet?
Old 06-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #5913
Level 10 - Vehement

Mine still says it hasn't shipped yet.

I honestly forgot about it. Maybe I'll follow up on it if it hasn't shipped by Monday/Tuesday of next week.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #5914
Level 4 - Thinker

VIP..clinic it doesn’t matter..the guys took time to try this.. Adam even said hated the fact that bands have done these and left fans with a horrible empty and unfulfilling experiences..nothing is ever gonna be perfect..especially not the first couple times it’s attempted..ticket prices I felt were worth the weeding out of some mindless numbskull yelling out stupid shit like “freebird” which would have been extremely disrespectful..furthermore to say ask anything and we will answer is brave for anyone..the opportunity presented itself and it was very much possible to ask whatever ur heart desired..if u didn’t hear ur question and/or answer that’s on you not them..they are and have been doing this for YEARS!!! They kno what they’re comfortable with and not comfortable with.. so much more power to them for such an incredible attempt and SUCCESSFUL endeavor..I couldn’t be anymore grateful for it
Old 06-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #5915
Level 2 - Poster

We had a freebird idiot at the Minny clinic. Hope he got his money's worth.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #5916
Level 7 - Loquacious

Just checked on the receipt link. Still says merch hasn’t shipped. To be fair, Adam said it would shop at the end of the month, but he didn’t say WHICH month...
Old 06-06-2018, 08:09 PM   #5917
Level 2 - Poster

Quick update via reddit regarding clinic merch packs, due to be mailed middle to end of next week apparently.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #5918
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpot View Post
Quick update via reddit regarding clinic merch packs, due to be mailed middle to end of next week apparently.
On June 5th, I got this reply from clinic@toolband.com

Thank you for your patience. Merch packages will start going out by the middle to end of next week. You will receive an email with tracking info as soon as your package(s) go out.

On June 6th, I got this one:
An email with a link to the photo(s) will be sent out by the end of this week.

(Note: as yins know, only the 1st 2 clinics got to take any pics. I attended the Pittsburgh clinic and noticed Justin Roberts taking a bunch of “candid” shots during the Q&A and performances, so I asked if we would only be getting the group photo or if we would also get some of the candid shots. I’m hoping it’s the latter as the response does say “photo(s)” …
Old 06-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #5919
Level 1 - Lurker

[QUOTE=camamprix;3197246]On June 5th, I got this reply from clinic@toolband.com

On June 6th, I got this one:
An email with a link to the photo(s) will be sent out by the end of this week.

SO.. it's officially "the end of the week" and I didn't get an email with a link to the pics! I'm a bit surprised, why give a timeframe of 3-4 days if it wasn't actually in the works? Have to say tho, I'm part pissed and part heartbroken... and I sent them a new email expressing my displeasure. Not that it matters...
Old 06-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #5920
Up From The Skies

"New music next year"
-M

https://youtu.be/sqAiTxlz9gU

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply