Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Forty Six & 2
-intermission-
Lateralus (extended with drummer and bassist from JBGSM)
Ænema

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 07-16-2010 at 06:35 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
07.13.2010 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena

Reviews only, please.

SETLIST

Third Eye
Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Forty Six & 2
-intermission-
Ænema

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 07-16-2010 at 06:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
cirkus's Avatar cirkus
07-13-2010, 10:33 PM

Third Eye (extended)
Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance (extended)
Schism (extended)
Forty Six & 2
-intermission-
Ænema

I talked to Jello during the Lateralus intermission. I asked him if they were gonna play a song together (Jello & Tool), and he said that they didn't have enough time to learn the song, so no. Oh well, still a great (albeit standard) show!
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10
Old 07-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12
Re: 07.13.2010 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena

Third Eye (extended)
Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance (extended)
Schism (extended)
Forty Six & 2
-intermission-
Ænema

I talked to Jello during the Lateralus intermission. I asked him if they were gonna play a song together (Jello & Tool), and he said that they didn't have enough time to learn the song, so no. Oh well, still a great (albeit standard) show!
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10
OFFLINE |  
oneredflag's Avatar oneredflag
07-13-2010, 10:44 PM

Great show.
Visuals were off the hook.The whole camera thing is just strange.
Why dose tool care about some pics and YouTube foder so much.
Any way go see this round if you can
The sac show was better than SF.

TDN is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
Flying in the wind (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1282

Great show.
Visuals were off the hook.The whole camera thing is just strange.
Why dose tool care about some pics and YouTube foder so much.
Any way go see this round if you can
The sac show was better than SF.

OFFLINE |  
blp
07-13-2010, 11:31 PM

So good, as always... Had super good seats, right at stage level on Adam's side, so we could see just about everything really well. Those new screens that are sorta see-through that lower down on top and behind Adam and Justin are so cool. They provide almost like a roof over the stage at some points... makes the lighting on the stage look sooo good.

I've been to lots and lots of shows over the years and I was so glad to see Third Eye and Intolerance again... Third Eye is such a great starter. I found that they were seemingly more passionate about those songs too. Everyone was really on tonight, seemed very energetic too.

Best live show going right now and it's not even close... worth every penny.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
blp
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

So good, as always... Had super good seats, right at stage level on Adam's side, so we could see just about everything really well. Those new screens that are sorta see-through that lower down on top and behind Adam and Justin are so cool. They provide almost like a roof over the stage at some points... makes the lighting on the stage look sooo good.

I've been to lots and lots of shows over the years and I was so glad to see Third Eye and Intolerance again... Third Eye is such a great starter. I found that they were seemingly more passionate about those songs too. Everyone was really on tonight, seemed very energetic too.

Best live show going right now and it's not even close... worth every penny.
OFFLINE |  
dpad13
07-14-2010, 12:04 AM

Kick ass show!! Maynard even waved to the fans before exiting the stage. The Patient and Intolerance made my night!!!

BTW: The posters for this show were pulled at the last minute. Apparently, Adam did not like them so they pulled them from all merch booths. Not before someone bought 30 of the unsigned ones, then sold them all in the parking lot for $30 each. I was standing in line and the merch ladies walkie talkie goes off and they were ok'd to sell the limited edition shirts but not the posters. I did buy a signed Vancouver and an unsigned Winnipeg poster though.

I really wanted the Arco poster because it's my birthday, damnit!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tool and Junior for the great show!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Kick ass show!! Maynard even waved to the fans before exiting the stage. The Patient and Intolerance made my night!!!

BTW: The posters for this show were pulled at the last minute. Apparently, Adam did not like them so they pulled them from all merch booths. Not before someone bought 30 of the unsigned ones, then sold them all in the parking lot for $30 each. I was standing in line and the merch ladies walkie talkie goes off and they were ok'd to sell the limited edition shirts but not the posters. I did buy a signed Vancouver and an unsigned Winnipeg poster though.

OFFLINE |  
oneredflag's Avatar oneredflag
07-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpad13 View Post

Seems odd that they would pull the poster and not the shirt. I got a poster from some guy I assume was event staff. He had a stack outside in the parking lot 45 min befor the doors opened. He was selling them for $30 usd, same price as the SF poster at the merch booth.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
Flying in the wind (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1282

Quote:

Seems odd that they would pull the poster and not the shirt. I got a poster from some guy I assume was event staff. He had a stack outside in the parking lot 45 min befor the doors opened. He was selling them for $30 usd, same price as the SF poster at the merch booth.

OFFLINE |  
sierrahiker68
07-14-2010, 07:36 AM

Great show, visuals where outstanding. The guys shook the building to its foundations.. The bass in a few points was unbelievable. Loved when the bassist and drummer from Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine did that rhythm jam in Lateralus. Security a pain..

One little glitch, when they started their set with Third Eye the sound was crap. It took a few minutes for the sound engineer and the guys to get it dialed in. Not a big deal. I just thought this far into the tour or in sound check they would have it ironed out.

Last edited by sierrahiker68; 07-14-2010 at 08:06 AM..
Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show, visuals where outstanding. The guys shook the building to its foundations.. The bass in a few points was unbelievable. Loved when the bassist and drummer from Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine did that rhythm jam in Lateralus. Security a pain..

One little glitch, when they started their set with Third Eye the sound was crap. It took a few minutes for the sound engineer and the guys to get it dialed in. Not a big deal. I just thought this far into the tour or in sound check they would have it ironed out.

Last edited by sierrahiker68; 07-14-2010 at 08:06 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Team Coors Light
07-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Great show!

I was center stage, lower level (right in front of the VIP booths), and had two complaints:

First and foremost, I would like to recognize the lunch-box that bought the ticket for the seat right in front of me. At 6'6" and 400+lbs, you should really be cognizant of the fact that when you attend events such as concerts (even when sitting in rising seats), people behind you can't see anything...sitting or standing. I mean really, your head alone blocked my view of THE ENTIRE STAGE! Next time, be considerate and buy a ticket in the last row...

Second, the audio levels for MJK were waaay off for the first 4 songs. They fixed it after that and all was well.

Great energy from the band and stunning visuals. I might be the only one, or it might be due to the power or Echo Arena (If you've been, you'd know...), but Adam seemed a bit off at some points. Not many, just a few. Danny and Justin were, as always, incredible.

I really appreciated DC, AJ, and JC hanging out on stage for a bit after the set to acknowledge the fans. Always nice to see.

This was my 6th (or 7th) TOOL show and it was not the best...but definitely top 3.

Thanks TOOL!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Great show!

I was center stage, lower level (right in front of the VIP booths), and had two complaints:

First and foremost, I would like to recognize the lunch-box that bought the ticket for the seat right in front of me. At 6'6" and 400+lbs, you should really be cognizant of the fact that when you attend events such as concerts (even when sitting in rising seats), people behind you can't see anything...sitting or standing. I mean really, your head alone blocked my view of THE ENTIRE STAGE! Next time, be considerate and buy a ticket in the last row...

Second, the audio levels for MJK were waaay off for the first 4 songs. They fixed it after that and all was well.

Great energy from the band and stunning visuals. I might be the only one, or it might be due to the power or Echo Arena (If you've been, you'd know...), but Adam seemed a bit off at some points. Not many, just a few. Danny and Justin were, as always, incredible.

I really appreciated DC, AJ, and JC hanging out on stage for a bit after the set to acknowledge the fans. Always nice to see.

This was my 6th (or 7th) TOOL show and it was not the best...but definitely top 3.

Thanks TOOL!
07-14-2010, 09:07 AM

SETLIST:

Timothy Leary Intro
Third Eye (extended)
Maynardism: paraphrase: "Just leave everything going on out there for tonight and enjoy the moment)
Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Interlude (Lost Keyes-esque)
Vicarious (last chorus for the crowd)
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Maynardism: (A joke about Marty seeing himself in the past, future, past, "whatever" in Back to the Future)
Intolerance (extended)
Schism (extended
46 & 2
Intermission (Space psychedelic)
Jam with what might be new material
Lateralus (extended with drummer and bassist from JBGSM: after which Maynard said: "You can't photoshop that shit.") (It was about 20-30 minutes long overall?)
Maynardism: "It's all going to be alright."
Aenima
Huge cheers for Danny, Justin and Adam after Maynard peaced, but he gave us a big wave before he left. Huge smiles on the guys faces.

ARCO sound is amazing. Loudest arena in the NBA=great venue for tool. By the end of Jambi it sounded like the sound guys had everything right for the building, and the sound only got better as the night wore on.

Highlights: Vicarious, Intolerance, Third Eye, LATERALUS. 46 and 2 before the intermission was the tightest I have ever heard it, and they have played it all 8 times I have seen them.

The jam during Lateralus was killer. Maynard was doing something with setlists? Paper cards? with question marks on them? goofing around during the breakdown, but then also listening attentively. Everyone got solos during the break down. Danny was putting on a clinic.

Junior has done something amazing with that light set-up, Well done.

Saw them with King Crimson in 2001, the shoe incident in Sacramento in 2002, the last show of the Lateralus tour in Long Beach, but this is the most dynamic I have ever seen the band. They are having fun with the material like never before. Thanks guys.
... and thank you Sacramento. You surpassed my expectations with a great positive vibe.

-Tiresias
08/11/01 Berkeley
11/02/01 Sacramento
11/03/01 Mt. View
07/15/02 Los Angeles
11/24/02 Long Beach
04/30/06 Coachella
10/07/06 Wantagh
07/13/10 Sacramento (woo hoo!!!)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

SETLIST:

Timothy Leary Intro
Third Eye (extended)
Maynardism: paraphrase: "Just leave everything going on out there for tonight and enjoy the moment)
Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Interlude (Lost Keyes-esque)
Vicarious (last chorus for the crowd)
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Maynardism: (A joke about Marty seeing himself in the past, future, past, "whatever" in Back to the Future)
Intolerance (extended)
Schism (extended
46 & 2
Intermission (Space psychedelic)
Jam with what might be new material
Lateralus (extended with drummer and bassist from JBGSM: after which Maynard said: "You can't photoshop that shit.") (It was about 20-30 minutes long overall?)
Maynardism: "It's all going to be alright."
Aenima
Huge cheers for Danny, Justin and Adam after Maynard peaced, but he gave us a big wave before he left. Huge smiles on the guys faces.

ARCO sound is amazing. Loudest arena in the NBA=great venue for tool. By the end of Jambi it sounded like the sound guys had everything right for the building, and the sound only got better as the night wore on.

Highlights: Vicarious, Intolerance, Third Eye, LATERALUS. 46 and 2 before the intermission was the tightest I have ever heard it, and they have played it all 8 times I have seen them.

The jam during Lateralus was killer. Maynard was doing something with setlists? Paper cards? with question marks on them? goofing around during the breakdown, but then also listening attentively. Everyone got solos during the break down. Danny was putting on a clinic.

Junior has done something amazing with that light set-up, Well done.

Saw them with King Crimson in 2001, the shoe incident in Sacramento in 2002, the last show of the Lateralus tour in Long Beach, but this is the most dynamic I have ever seen the band. They are having fun with the material like never before. Thanks guys.
... and thank you Sacramento. You surpassed my expectations with a great positive vibe.

-Tiresias
08/11/01 Berkeley
11/02/01 Sacramento
11/03/01 Mt. View
07/15/02 Los Angeles
11/24/02 Long Beach
04/30/06 Coachella
10/07/06 Wantagh
07/13/10 Sacramento (woo hoo!!!)
OFFLINE |  
bobbycat916
07-14-2010, 09:50 AM

never seen tool before, was so looking forward to seeing Maynard but he stayed in the dark the whole time. dissapointed
Old 07-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

never seen tool before, was so looking forward to seeing Maynard but he stayed in the dark the whole time. dissapointed
OFFLINE |  
BeyondTheInfinite's Avatar BeyondTheInfinite
07-14-2010, 09:58 AM

Last show of my round of Tool shows this time. It was great to see all of the additions they made and the growth they made from show to show. I noticed things they improved on each time and really enjoyed the intro to Lateralus by Adam. Before, in Seattle and SF, he just played his intro and abruptly stopped and then Danny started the drum intro. Last night was so badass how it faded out as the drum intro faded in. VERY WELL DONE GENTLEMEN! Heading back home to Portland. Until they tour again, see you all out there.

SO:KG:A!
09-30-02 Anchorage, AK, 05-02-06 Seattle, WA, 08-22-06 Vancouver, BC, 08-27-06 George, WA, 10-06-06 East Rutherford, NJ, 10-07-06 Wantagh, NY, 12-01-07 Victoria, BC, 12-04-07 Everett, WA, 12-05-07 Portland, OR, 12-07-07 Spokane, WA, 12-08-07 Nampa, ID, 12-11-07 San Francisco, CA, 07-10-10 Seattle, WA, 07-12-10 San Francisco, CA, 07-13-10 Sacramento, CA, 01-28-12 Boston, MA, 02-08-12 Duluth, GA
Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Last show of my round of Tool shows this time. It was great to see all of the additions they made and the growth they made from show to show. I noticed things they improved on each time and really enjoyed the intro to Lateralus by Adam. Before, in Seattle and SF, he just played his intro and abruptly stopped and then Danny started the drum intro. Last night was so badass how it faded out as the drum intro faded in. VERY WELL DONE GENTLEMEN! Heading back home to Portland. Until they tour again, see you all out there.

SO:KG:A!
09-30-02 Anchorage, AK, 05-02-06 Seattle, WA, 08-22-06 Vancouver, BC, 08-27-06 George, WA, 10-06-06 East Rutherford, NJ, 10-07-06 Wantagh, NY, 12-01-07 Victoria, BC, 12-04-07 Everett, WA, 12-05-07 Portland, OR, 12-07-07 Spokane, WA, 12-08-07 Nampa, ID, 12-11-07 San Francisco, CA, 07-10-10 Seattle, WA, 07-12-10 San Francisco, CA, 07-13-10 Sacramento, CA, 01-28-12 Boston, MA, 02-08-12 Duluth, GA
OFFLINE |  
insertnamehere's Avatar insertnamehere
07-14-2010, 09:58 AM

Great show. In hindsight, it was a mistake coming here and looking at the previous setlists before going. When you know what's coming, it diminishes it just a little bit. Arco is great acoustically, but other than that it is the worst (large) venue for concerts in NorCal, as far as I am concerned. The parking lot policy (no consumption, and bike cops in enforcement mode) was weak. And the seating at floor level was less-than-ideal.

MJK sounded great, and the extended Lateralus with the drummer and bassist from JBGSM was very solid. I do think that Tool are a bit lazy in the way that they tour though. With predictable setlists, and even rehearsed / rehashed quips from MJK, it is a tiny bit disappointing. I wish they would switch it up and jam a little more. I also think that my expectations are a little bit high as well....
Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. In hindsight, it was a mistake coming here and looking at the previous setlists before going. When you know what's coming, it diminishes it just a little bit. Arco is great acoustically, but other than that it is the worst (large) venue for concerts in NorCal, as far as I am concerned. The parking lot policy (no consumption, and bike cops in enforcement mode) was weak. And the seating at floor level was less-than-ideal.

MJK sounded great, and the extended Lateralus with the drummer and bassist from JBGSM was very solid. I do think that Tool are a bit lazy in the way that they tour though. With predictable setlists, and even rehearsed / rehashed quips from MJK, it is a tiny bit disappointing. I wish they would switch it up and jam a little more. I also think that my expectations are a little bit high as well....
07-14-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycat916 View Post
umm....yeah thats kinda how he's done it since 1994.....its about the music not the musicians
Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycat916 View Post
umm....yeah thats kinda how he's done it since 1994.....its about the music not the musicians
OFFLINE |  
soreal
07-14-2010, 10:44 AM

Well sac marks my end of this. Tour.

Arco is a great place for them. Justin and Danny seemed to be having fun. 11th row seats were great. They are killing intolerance, every show it got better.

Great drum / bass battle.

5 shows and this was the best next to RR night 2.

Talked to Danny after the show and he said him and Justin and Adam are writing a lot. Really excited.

Thanks again tool, till next time.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Well sac marks my end of this. Tour.

Arco is a great place for them. Justin and Danny seemed to be having fun. 11th row seats were great. They are killing intolerance, every show it got better.

Great drum / bass battle.

5 shows and this was the best next to RR night 2.

Talked to Danny after the show and he said him and Justin and Adam are writing a lot. Really excited.

Thanks again tool, till next time.
OFFLINE |  
aaronras
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM

.... My first Tool Concert, and hopefully not my last. The show was fantastic, Lateralus surprised me, I loved all of the Maynardisms. 46 and 2 was fantastic! Intolerance you could feel the emotion. I was in tears the whole song. After Aenema I felt like I was thrown into a new Universe... Unbelievable show... Lol.. When Maynard walks over to hand the bottle to the gauntanamo drummer.
btw Anyone know what Maynards shirt said I couldn't see it from my spot? I thought it said Postal? lol?
Its all going to be alright... :)
Old 07-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

.... My first Tool Concert, and hopefully not my last. The show was fantastic, Lateralus surprised me, I loved all of the Maynardisms. 46 and 2 was fantastic! Intolerance you could feel the emotion. I was in tears the whole song. After Aenema I felt like I was thrown into a new Universe... Unbelievable show... Lol.. When Maynard walks over to hand the bottle to the gauntanamo drummer.
btw Anyone know what Maynards shirt said I couldn't see it from my spot? I thought it said Postal? lol?
Its all going to be alright... :)
OFFLINE |  
jdowney
07-14-2010, 12:03 PM

yeah, it says postal, it is hard to see too, but he has post office worker shorts on as well. the blue with black trim. Maynard seemed more energetic than I have personally ever seen him in the 5 shows I have been to.

Felt the show was actually better than the SF show, but not by a huge margin, maybe just because the band seemed more into it.

loved seeing the drum off, reminded me of the 07 show in SF.

OH, thought it was interesting Danny was wearing a Kings jersey, wasn't sure if it was out of respect or just a goof. But classy of him not to rub the Lakers championship in the sports starved northern California area, its a sad state of affairs when the last champion in the bay area is the Monarchs.

Last edited by jdowney; 07-14-2010 at 12:06 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

yeah, it says postal, it is hard to see too, but he has post office worker shorts on as well. the blue with black trim. Maynard seemed more energetic than I have personally ever seen him in the 5 shows I have been to.

Felt the show was actually better than the SF show, but not by a huge margin, maybe just because the band seemed more into it.

OH, thought it was interesting Danny was wearing a Kings jersey, wasn't sure if it was out of respect or just a goof. But classy of him not to rub the Lakers championship in the sports starved northern California area, its a sad state of affairs when the last champion in the bay area is the Monarchs.

Last edited by jdowney; 07-14-2010 at 12:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Hansonszoo's Avatar Hansonszoo
07-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdowney View Post

Maynard wore the same thing in St. Charles, MO on this tour. He was even sporting his US Postal Service Cap. http://www.riverfronttimes.com/slideshow/tool-at-family-arena-6-26-10-30204107/1/
Old 07-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

Maynard wore the same thing in St. Charles, MO on this tour. He was even sporting his US Postal Service Cap. http://www.riverfronttimes.com/slideshow/tool-at-family-arena-6-26-10-30204107/1/
OFFLINE |  
Aletheon's Avatar Aletheon
07-14-2010, 12:26 PM

This was my 10th or 11th TOOL show dating back to 1993. I really need to figure out the dates. This show was near the top. Aside from Maynard not being able to scream like a 20-year old, the band is really sounding good this tour, and I thought all the additions to the songs helped the overall quality of the show.

Also, the internet ruins the suprise of a TOOL show. I wish I hadn't known the setlist, because if I hadn't known, and them opening with THIRD EYE, including Intolerance and The Patient, I would have been twice as blown away. So...yeah, don't screw up your live experience with prior knowledge.

Arco didn't sound as good as it could have. It was quite muddier than I've seen them before, but still sounded good enough to where it didn't take anything away from the performance, it just didn't have that extra sharp perfection that I've heard before from them soundwise. So, something was up with the mix that night, or maybe it was where I was sitting. All in all, probably a top 3 show from what I've seen.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 10th or 11th TOOL show dating back to 1993. I really need to figure out the dates. This show was near the top. Aside from Maynard not being able to scream like a 20-year old, the band is really sounding good this tour, and I thought all the additions to the songs helped the overall quality of the show.

Also, the internet ruins the suprise of a TOOL show. I wish I hadn't known the setlist, because if I hadn't known, and them opening with THIRD EYE, including Intolerance and The Patient, I would have been twice as blown away. So...yeah, don't screw up your live experience with prior knowledge.

Arco didn't sound as good as it could have. It was quite muddier than I've seen them before, but still sounded good enough to where it didn't take anything away from the performance, it just didn't have that extra sharp perfection that I've heard before from them soundwise. So, something was up with the mix that night, or maybe it was where I was sitting. All in all, probably a top 3 show from what I've seen.
OFFLINE |  
livid star's Avatar livid star
07-14-2010, 12:35 PM

"Same" set list or not, these guys are sounding fucking tight. That is all that matters in my book because I live in reality.

Yes, the start of the show was sounding terrible. The treble with Justin would not stop, he was drowned out. It was quickly resolved. Someone mentioned the mix of vocals, I noticed that but wasn't sure if Nard just was not singing, as per usual. Tool's crew are AMAZING!

Though I've gazed over the set list, I've never noticed if it was done before: I realized Intolerance was extended! I love that, how they pause and pick up to take you some where you have not been before and then come out, flawlessly, to the familiar. If there is a spiral to swing on, I was assuredly blazing mine last night.I can not thank Tool enough for that.

I was surprised that Sacto was phenomenally better than SF. I was sure it'd be the other way around. My seat was awesome! I was on Justin's side and he'd give props to our section and we went nuts! He nailed his piece during Schism. This man's energy is so fierce and yet so effortless looking. Watch out for Justin on the next album (fingers crossed).

I was sitting and absorbing the intermission spectacle when the techs start to bustle around on stage. OH SHIT A FUCKING DRUM DUAL! Lateralus was extened by an extra seven minutes(give or take). Sometimes I feel like: why the fuck is everyone so anal about keeping exact times and orders of set lists? Just sit there, shut the fuck up and enjoy the ride.

In summation, I had the time of my Tool life. I can say that because I missed the Lateralus tour, so maybe I don't "know better." lol

Give the guys love, they will return it TEN FOLD! It was palpable, the magic generated all around. It's all for love. I am now determined to get to both LA shows. (So if you have something, PM me!)

THANK YOU TOOL!

Last edited by livid star; 07-14-2010 at 12:39 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #19
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

"Same" set list or not, these guys are sounding fucking tight. That is all that matters in my book because I live in reality.

Yes, the start of the show was sounding terrible. The treble with Justin would not stop, he was drowned out. It was quickly resolved. Someone mentioned the mix of vocals, I noticed that but wasn't sure if Nard just was not singing, as per usual. Tool's crew are AMAZING!

Though I've gazed over the set list, I've never noticed if it was done before: I realized Intolerance was extended! I love that, how they pause and pick up to take you some where you have not been before and then come out, flawlessly, to the familiar. If there is a spiral to swing on, I was assuredly blazing mine last night.I can not thank Tool enough for that.

I was surprised that Sacto was phenomenally better than SF. I was sure it'd be the other way around. My seat was awesome! I was on Justin's side and he'd give props to our section and we went nuts! He nailed his piece during Schism. This man's energy is so fierce and yet so effortless looking. Watch out for Justin on the next album (fingers crossed).

I was sitting and absorbing the intermission spectacle when the techs start to bustle around on stage. OH SHIT A FUCKING DRUM DUAL! Lateralus was extened by an extra seven minutes(give or take). Sometimes I feel like: why the fuck is everyone so anal about keeping exact times and orders of set lists? Just sit there, shut the fuck up and enjoy the ride.

In summation, I had the time of my Tool life. I can say that because I missed the Lateralus tour, so maybe I don't "know better." lol

Give the guys love, they will return it TEN FOLD! It was palpable, the magic generated all around. It's all for love. I am now determined to get to both LA shows. (So if you have something, PM me!)

THANK YOU TOOL!

Last edited by livid star; 07-14-2010 at 12:39 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Matthew77's Avatar Matthew77
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livid star View Post

THANK YOU TOOL!
I was at the Seattle show and that was show number 12 for me and I have to agree with you. This was one badass show and it ranks up there with the best shows I have seen! And I saw Aenima and Lateralus toured.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by livid star View Post

THANK YOU TOOL!
I was at the Seattle show and that was show number 12 for me and I have to agree with you. This was one badass show and it ranks up there with the best shows I have seen! And I saw Aenima and Lateralus toured.
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM

in the past, i would always feel nostalgic after a TOOL show and keep wanting more. but after last night, i'm almost afraid of going to another TOOL show, somehow believing, albeit wrongly, that there would be no way they could ever top last night and it could only be disappointment from now on. that's how F$%KING GREAT the Sacto show was.

i'm pretty content right now. =)
Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

in the past, i would always feel nostalgic after a TOOL show and keep wanting more. but after last night, i'm almost afraid of going to another TOOL show, somehow believing, albeit wrongly, that there would be no way they could ever top last night and it could only be disappointment from now on. that's how F$%KING GREAT the Sacto show was.

07-14-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalentine View Post
actually he didn't really start hiding in the shadows until the Lateralus tour. checkout any shows from the Aenima and Undertow tours and he's right out front....

not that it matters.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #22
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
actually he didn't really start hiding in the shadows until the Lateralus tour. checkout any shows from the Aenima and Undertow tours and he's right out front....

not that it matters.
07-14-2010, 02:38 PM

First of all... THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING. I have seen a good number of shows at this venue and (of course) TOOL was amazing. The opening band isn't much to talk about, but the musicians seemed descent. I was thinking Tool had picked this band because of those two brothers who they jammed with during Lateralus.

I had a pretty legit seat on the second floor so I could see the entire stage and everything that went on during the show, including the change-ups on the stage. The techs in the lab coats was a nice touch. It seemed like they worked fast and efficiently.

The sound of this show was almost unbelievable. I have to agree with the other posters about the BASS. I was up in the second floor and I could still feel it throughout the entire show. The intermissions and the jam during Lateralus added to the show, no doubt. However, just seeing the guys perform would have been enough. Seeing the setlist before the show did take away from the experience so I will make sure not to make the same mistake in the future. In spite of that I Loved the show and couldn't keep still in my seat the entire night. I kept getting blown away, song after song. The Maynardisms seemed pretty original too, despite what some say, and I think he said "It's all gonna workout." and not "It's all going to be okay." but the way he said it made me crack up laughing.

The guys seemed very into the show, especially Justin and Maynard. I had a good view of them the entire show. Maynard was dancing almost the entire show, grooving to the songs, dancing, or watching Danny tear it up. Danny was AMAZING (nuf said). Adam seemed a little out of it but that might have been due to him being focused on his work. Justin was a beast. Very energetic like Danny, and seemed to be giving it his all (all while making it look easy).

I didn't get a poster or the t-shirt from this show, which was really lame and definitely the worst part of the show. I wish I would've known about the guy in the parking lot.... When I got up in the front of the line at the merch booth, turned out they only had the L and XL of the limited edition t-shirts. Guess I'll give e-bay a look..

The crowd was truly great, not the usual Sac-to d-bags.

Anyway... TOOL did not disappoint. This was my first show and hopefully not the last.

One last thing which I found funny. At the end of the show I was standing outside in front of the Arena next to the huge Pepsi cup that is splashing... anyway, some tweaker runs up to it and was sayin he's gonna "shot-gun that huge pepsi" HAHAHA... damn tweakers.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

First of all... THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING. I have seen a good number of shows at this venue and (of course) TOOL was amazing. The opening band isn't much to talk about, but the musicians seemed descent. I was thinking Tool had picked this band because of those two brothers who they jammed with during Lateralus.

I had a pretty legit seat on the second floor so I could see the entire stage and everything that went on during the show, including the change-ups on the stage. The techs in the lab coats was a nice touch. It seemed like they worked fast and efficiently.

The sound of this show was almost unbelievable. I have to agree with the other posters about the BASS. I was up in the second floor and I could still feel it throughout the entire show. The intermissions and the jam during Lateralus added to the show, no doubt. However, just seeing the guys perform would have been enough. Seeing the setlist before the show did take away from the experience so I will make sure not to make the same mistake in the future. In spite of that I Loved the show and couldn't keep still in my seat the entire night. I kept getting blown away, song after song. The Maynardisms seemed pretty original too, despite what some say, and I think he said "It's all gonna workout." and not "It's all going to be okay." but the way he said it made me crack up laughing.

The guys seemed very into the show, especially Justin and Maynard. I had a good view of them the entire show. Maynard was dancing almost the entire show, grooving to the songs, dancing, or watching Danny tear it up. Danny was AMAZING (nuf said). Adam seemed a little out of it but that might have been due to him being focused on his work. Justin was a beast. Very energetic like Danny, and seemed to be giving it his all (all while making it look easy).

I didn't get a poster or the t-shirt from this show, which was really lame and definitely the worst part of the show. I wish I would've known about the guy in the parking lot.... When I got up in the front of the line at the merch booth, turned out they only had the L and XL of the limited edition t-shirts. Guess I'll give e-bay a look..

The crowd was truly great, not the usual Sac-to d-bags.

Anyway... TOOL did not disappoint. This was my first show and hopefully not the last.

One last thing which I found funny. At the end of the show I was standing outside in front of the Arena next to the huge Pepsi cup that is splashing... anyway, some tweaker runs up to it and was sayin he's gonna "shot-gun that huge pepsi" HAHAHA... damn tweakers.
07-14-2010, 04:12 PM

fantastic show. this is a bit of a comparo since I was at both. sorry if that is not the point here.

overall the sound was great from the box seats in 219. i actually heard more echo @ Billy Graham than Arco. In the city, we were sitting front row on the lower deck just to one side of the VIP area.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because both shows were incredible. Maynardisms were not the same at both shows with the exception of the "see, it all worked out" comment. In SF he said after third eye something like "in spite of our best efforts to fu** it all up, its all gonna workout" He said "see it all worked out" after lateralus (no jam session w Weiss brothers in SF)

SF - before intolerance he asked who was under 21 then told them they were sperm when it was written. Arco he babbled about back to future which was comical in its own right.

I would have loved to hear flood or right in two over schism but they still killed every song. I thought the band overall sounded better and seemed more into it at this show. Maynard pretty much low fived the guys and ran off stage in the city - He waved and seemed pretty pleased with the Arco crowd - as was I.

Off to Nokia - maybe....
Old 07-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

fantastic show. this is a bit of a comparo since I was at both. sorry if that is not the point here.

overall the sound was great from the box seats in 219. i actually heard more echo @ Billy Graham than Arco. In the city, we were sitting front row on the lower deck just to one side of the VIP area.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because both shows were incredible. Maynardisms were not the same at both shows with the exception of the "see, it all worked out" comment. In SF he said after third eye something like "in spite of our best efforts to fu** it all up, its all gonna workout" He said "see it all worked out" after lateralus (no jam session w Weiss brothers in SF)

SF - before intolerance he asked who was under 21 then told them they were sperm when it was written. Arco he babbled about back to future which was comical in its own right.

I would have loved to hear flood or right in two over schism but they still killed every song. I thought the band overall sounded better and seemed more into it at this show. Maynard pretty much low fived the guys and ran off stage in the city - He waved and seemed pretty pleased with the Arco crowd - as was I.

Off to Nokia - maybe....
OFFLINE |  
jdowney
07-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen len View Post

were you on the left or right?

I was front row on the left, side of the VIP area, which as far as I remember didn't even come close to being filled.

I was shocked to see the Arco crowd had more energy and stood for the entire show, I had a better view of the visual presentation in SF, but had a better view of Maynard and Justin in Sacramento, it was cool to see the show from a different angle.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen len View Post

I was front row on the left, side of the VIP area, which as far as I remember didn't even come close to being filled.

I was shocked to see the Arco crowd had more energy and stood for the entire show, I had a better view of the visual presentation in SF, but had a better view of Maynard and Justin in Sacramento, it was cool to see the show from a different angle.
OFFLINE |  
JessicaSarahS
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry View Post

I agree! This show was fantastic! The energy was great, the crowd was great. Loved it.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

I agree! This show was fantastic! The energy was great, the crowd was great. Loved it.
OFFLINE |  
zen len
07-14-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:

Looking at the stage, the VIP area was to our right. So I guess we must have been on the same side right? Actually there was one more section in between ours and the VIP. Arco crowd was nuts. It wasn't just because there were twice as many people either - the crowd was way into it.

I didn't think the band was lacking in intensity in SF until after the sac performance. I also thought the Vocals were either mixed better or he was singing louder/more at Arco.

Like I said before - i thought both shows were absolutely amazing - zero complaints here.

I had the same experience as you regarding the visuals vs band view. I am so glad I went to both shows. Really considering a road trip to Nokia/LA for Mondays show. Flights are 330bux since it's less than 3 weeks away so it's drive or nothing.... decisions, decisions.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

Looking at the stage, the VIP area was to our right. So I guess we must have been on the same side right? Actually there was one more section in between ours and the VIP. Arco crowd was nuts. It wasn't just because there were twice as many people either - the crowd was way into it.

I didn't think the band was lacking in intensity in SF until after the sac performance. I also thought the Vocals were either mixed better or he was singing louder/more at Arco.

Like I said before - i thought both shows were absolutely amazing - zero complaints here.

I had the same experience as you regarding the visuals vs band view. I am so glad I went to both shows. Really considering a road trip to Nokia/LA for Mondays show. Flights are 330bux since it's less than 3 weeks away so it's drive or nothing.... decisions, decisions.
OFFLINE |  
jdowney
07-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Yeah we must have been in the same row, but different sections, the vip was the very next section to my right.

The Sac crowd was so cool, I was really feeling like the crowd was going to be lame based on seeing some stuff in the food and merch areas, saw some guy just give the merch lady a ton of shit because she wouldn't serve him because he was off to the side where there were postings that they were not serving people on that side. Plus i read that the sacramento crowds are not usually as into tool as the SF crowds.

It might just be the security Sac had, my uncle got his napkins searched, hit up Jimboys (the only thing I enjoy about the sac area at this point) before the show and I guess he had a napkin in his pocket, but SF had way more people trying to film or take video of the show than Sacramento.

! small tiny complaint, is if they are not using the screens that move up and down, keep them up, I could not see Danny at all during one of his solo's because the screen was down, they made up for it by lifting them up during the lateralus drum session.

Also thought it was bad ass Justin smoking towards the end.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

Yeah we must have been in the same row, but different sections, the vip was the very next section to my right.

The Sac crowd was so cool, I was really feeling like the crowd was going to be lame based on seeing some stuff in the food and merch areas, saw some guy just give the merch lady a ton of shit because she wouldn't serve him because he was off to the side where there were postings that they were not serving people on that side. Plus i read that the sacramento crowds are not usually as into tool as the SF crowds.

It might just be the security Sac had, my uncle got his napkins searched, hit up Jimboys (the only thing I enjoy about the sac area at this point) before the show and I guess he had a napkin in his pocket, but SF had way more people trying to film or take video of the show than Sacramento.

! small tiny complaint, is if they are not using the screens that move up and down, keep them up, I could not see Danny at all during one of his solo's because the screen was down, they made up for it by lifting them up during the lateralus drum session.

Also thought it was bad ass Justin smoking towards the end.
OFFLINE |  
aaronras
07-14-2010, 07:08 PM

Oh and some kid pissed in a cup and spilled it on the people two rows below us... Right during Lateralus, and they all got pulled from the seats to talk to security.. I would of been soo pissed!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh and some kid pissed in a cup and spilled it on the people two rows below us... Right during Lateralus, and they all got pulled from the seats to talk to security.. I would of been soo pissed!!
OFFLINE |  
godhenry
07-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Junior, I was one of the two happy idiots sitting 2 or 3 rows behind you, waving at you and shouting out your name (to show support) before the show. Being able to see your work from your angle/direction was a complete privilege. THANK YOU!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #30
Level 8 - Vociferous

Junior, I was one of the two happy idiots sitting 2 or 3 rows behind you, waving at you and shouting out your name (to show support) before the show. Being able to see your work from your angle/direction was a complete privilege. THANK YOU!!!
07-14-2010, 07:20 PM

oh and somehow if anyone took a picture through the ass of security, send a link please!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

oh and somehow if anyone took a picture through the ass of security, send a link please!!
OFFLINE |  
badisposition
07-14-2010, 07:53 PM

ok i too saw both shows sf and arco

in sf i sat in the lower level balcony left of vip seats great view of the entire presentation
and the face of a security guard (painful). The sound mix was great heard every instrument and Maynard.

At arco i was on the floor 10 rows from the stage pretty much dead center.
i had not been this close to the band since i was being crushed against the front of the stage
at the berkeley square. the sound was okay for the most part. though towards the end bass
was muddy. and slightly distorting. many times the music shot thru my balls and rattled my soul
thats why im here i thought to myself.

over the many years ive been listening to Tool and going to their shows. I find the earliest shows to be far and away to be the ones that stay with me. Maynard out front giving the crowd the finger
and screaming Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu to start Hush. i was forever hooked.

thank you tool for all the amazing music you provide
Old 07-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

ok i too saw both shows sf and arco

in sf i sat in the lower level balcony left of vip seats great view of the entire presentation
and the face of a security guard (painful). The sound mix was great heard every instrument and Maynard.

At arco i was on the floor 10 rows from the stage pretty much dead center.
i had not been this close to the band since i was being crushed against the front of the stage
at the berkeley square. the sound was okay for the most part. though towards the end bass
was muddy. and slightly distorting. many times the music shot thru my balls and rattled my soul
thats why im here i thought to myself.

over the many years ive been listening to Tool and going to their shows. I find the earliest shows to be far and away to be the ones that stay with me. Maynard out front giving the crowd the finger
and screaming Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu to start Hush. i was forever hooked.

thank you tool for all the amazing music you provide
OFFLINE |  
runfoxrun
07-14-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
BTW: The posters for this show were pulled at the last minute. Apparently, Adam did not like them so they pulled them from all merch booths. Not before someone bought 30 of the unsigned ones, then sold them all in the parking lot for $30 each.
Great Show as always ... Thankyou TOOL, and the greater community.
Guys, what was up with the official poster for the night? Friend and I got to purchase one of the Black Carded ones for SAC, with the embossed logo and all, unsigned, outside the will call doors before the show from a SAC event staff member.

Was this guy sneaking them out to sell? whilst Adam shut them down to NOT SELL? we later walked in to the merch booth to buy a signed Alberta, and im sure i saw a stack of upside down Black carded posters stacked in the back.

To those that got one, how lucky are we? from that 400 printed, must of only been like 100 that got into ppls hands.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
BTW: The posters for this show were pulled at the last minute. Apparently, Adam did not like them so they pulled them from all merch booths. Not before someone bought 30 of the unsigned ones, then sold them all in the parking lot for $30 each.
Great Show as always ... Thankyou TOOL, and the greater community.
Guys, what was up with the official poster for the night? Friend and I got to purchase one of the Black Carded ones for SAC, with the embossed logo and all, unsigned, outside the will call doors before the show from a SAC event staff member.

Was this guy sneaking them out to sell? whilst Adam shut them down to NOT SELL? we later walked in to the merch booth to buy a signed Alberta, and im sure i saw a stack of upside down Black carded posters stacked in the back.

To those that got one, how lucky are we? from that 400 printed, must of only been like 100 that got into ppls hands.
OFFLINE |  
JessicaSarahS
07-14-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronras View Post
I have some taken with my cell. I've only uploaded a couple.

Pic one
Pic two
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronras View Post

Pic one
Pic two
OFFLINE |  
aaronras
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post

Pic one
Pic two
Thank you!! God this was an amazing show....
Old 07-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

Pic one
Pic two
Thank you!! God this was an amazing show....
OFFLINE |  
Necator
07-15-2010, 02:05 AM

I could sum the show up as:

'Wow that was awesome!'

As a warning this was my first Tool concert, and my first Rock concert in years. I also may have been *cough*rolling *cough* ;) But whatever...

Got to the show early and waited in line on the curb. A guy was walking about selling posters but I passed thinking I'd just wait till I got inside. Sadly once I got inside every booth said they got the posters pulled at the last minute and nobody knew why. I was rather bummed out as the only thing I wanted to buy was a poster. But right before the opening band started I broke down and paid the -holy shit 40 bucks- for a T shirt.

In spite of the price, the T shirt was pretty cool with a blue skull like face made out of pillars of light.

Finding my seat on floor 1 I was pretty happy to find myself about 10 or 11 rows back dead center in front of the large overhead speaker. The place was still semi empty when the opening bad started. And while they had a lot of energy they were just... Not my kind of music. But they looked like they were really into their performance so I give them an A for effort.

Over the next 20 minutes I looked back to find that the place was really starting to fill up. And almost as soon as the lights went down everybody on the floor got up (some trying to get forward pass security).

As others have said before Third Eye was just an amazing opener. Being a stones throw away and almost dead center to the bass (Justin) I felt like the music was going to blow me away.

By the time Jambi started the crowd around me was just about going nuts. The big mean looking security guard close by seem pretty mellow as I saw a couple people taking pictures and a few others getting high.

Visually the show just got better and better and it got to the point where it all felt so surreal and dreamlike. At one point the back stage displayed straight pillars of blue light that from left to right slowly formed into the skull like face on the very same shirt I bought.

A very memorable bonus I thought.

As for the band members they all seem to be really into the show. I admit I had a slight fear that seeing a concert this late in the tour might make for some burned out musicians but this was not the case at all. MJK was dancing about in the back between vocals. During vicariously he tried to get the crowd to sing the words for him but being back there I don't think many people would notice his hand gestures. He also had some paper cards with exclamation marks and a frown face that he turned upside down at the end.

Drums (Danny) was truly an impressive sight and I can see why this guy gets so much credit. The drum off was amazing. And beat of the songs was echoing in my head the whole drive home.

I did not get to see much of Adam on the Guitar from where I was but he seem to be very focused on playing every time I looked over.

Having a very good view of Justin I gotta say that unless he is a very good actor he was certainly having a good time. At a couple points he waved the crowed up on his side.

By the end of the show MJK gave a wave and a smile (or was it a grin?) before darting off while the other guys tossed out stuff to the crowd.

Now the bad:

People that get up to get beers every other song.

Fuck you.

I mean really you pay all this money for great seats only to get up and miss half the song getting a beer only to go on and do it the next song. I try to think "To each their own" But you get in my way and kill the buzz of the moment.

More bad: Tinnitus! I hope this shit goes away... Oh and 40 bucks for a shirt? Really? And pulled posters? 4 bucks for water? I may sound cheap here but you don't let me bring water in then charge me a 300% mark up on something? I wonder if supply and demand plays a role in the price or what.

So in closing, the show and the band/music was awesome. The crowd was really into it and the venue and prices sucked.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

I could sum the show up as:

'Wow that was awesome!'

As a warning this was my first Tool concert, and my first Rock concert in years. I also may have been *cough*rolling *cough* ;) But whatever...

Got to the show early and waited in line on the curb. A guy was walking about selling posters but I passed thinking I'd just wait till I got inside. Sadly once I got inside every booth said they got the posters pulled at the last minute and nobody knew why. I was rather bummed out as the only thing I wanted to buy was a poster. But right before the opening band started I broke down and paid the -holy shit 40 bucks- for a T shirt.

In spite of the price, the T shirt was pretty cool with a blue skull like face made out of pillars of light.

Finding my seat on floor 1 I was pretty happy to find myself about 10 or 11 rows back dead center in front of the large overhead speaker. The place was still semi empty when the opening bad started. And while they had a lot of energy they were just... Not my kind of music. But they looked like they were really into their performance so I give them an A for effort.

Over the next 20 minutes I looked back to find that the place was really starting to fill up. And almost as soon as the lights went down everybody on the floor got up (some trying to get forward pass security).

As others have said before Third Eye was just an amazing opener. Being a stones throw away and almost dead center to the bass (Justin) I felt like the music was going to blow me away.

By the time Jambi started the crowd around me was just about going nuts. The big mean looking security guard close by seem pretty mellow as I saw a couple people taking pictures and a few others getting high.

Visually the show just got better and better and it got to the point where it all felt so surreal and dreamlike. At one point the back stage displayed straight pillars of blue light that from left to right slowly formed into the skull like face on the very same shirt I bought.

A very memorable bonus I thought.

As for the band members they all seem to be really into the show. I admit I had a slight fear that seeing a concert this late in the tour might make for some burned out musicians but this was not the case at all. MJK was dancing about in the back between vocals. During vicariously he tried to get the crowd to sing the words for him but being back there I don't think many people would notice his hand gestures. He also had some paper cards with exclamation marks and a frown face that he turned upside down at the end.

Drums (Danny) was truly an impressive sight and I can see why this guy gets so much credit. The drum off was amazing. And beat of the songs was echoing in my head the whole drive home.

I did not get to see much of Adam on the Guitar from where I was but he seem to be very focused on playing every time I looked over.

Having a very good view of Justin I gotta say that unless he is a very good actor he was certainly having a good time. At a couple points he waved the crowed up on his side.

By the end of the show MJK gave a wave and a smile (or was it a grin?) before darting off while the other guys tossed out stuff to the crowd.

Now the bad:

People that get up to get beers every other song.

Fuck you.

I mean really you pay all this money for great seats only to get up and miss half the song getting a beer only to go on and do it the next song. I try to think "To each their own" But you get in my way and kill the buzz of the moment.

More bad: Tinnitus! I hope this shit goes away... Oh and 40 bucks for a shirt? Really? And pulled posters? 4 bucks for water? I may sound cheap here but you don't let me bring water in then charge me a 300% mark up on something? I wonder if supply and demand plays a role in the price or what.

So in closing, the show and the band/music was awesome. The crowd was really into it and the venue and prices sucked.
OFFLINE |  
godhenry
07-15-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:

Pic one
Pic two
awesome pics. where were your seats?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #37
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Pic one
Pic two
07-15-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Thanks! I was in section 101, third row. I had a great view of the stage. I'm short, so I wouldn't be able to see anything unless I'm within the first few rows of the stage or up in the stands. It worked out well. :)
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #38
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Thanks! I was in section 101, third row. I had a great view of the stage. I'm short, so I wouldn't be able to see anything unless I'm within the first few rows of the stage or up in the stands. It worked out well. :)
OFFLINE |  
godhenry
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
sweet. we were in section 102, 5th row. so we were practically neighbors. great view for sure!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #39
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
sweet. we were in section 102, 5th row. so we were practically neighbors. great view for sure!
07-15-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
actually he started doing that in around 01. prior to that he was still up front, dressed as a preacher, a transvestite, painted blue etc...
* 8/18/1998-Thomas & Mack Center | UNLV , Las Vegas,NV.
* 8/3/2001-Red Rocks Amphitheater | Morrison, CO.
* 10/11/2002-Coors Events Center | University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
* 5/5/2006-The(original)Joint | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 9/1/2006-Theater Under the Stars | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/27/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/28/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 7/16/2010-Planet Hollywood Theater | Las Vegas, NV.
* 1/15/2012-Mandalay Bay | Las Vegas, NV.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #40
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
actually he started doing that in around 01. prior to that he was still up front, dressed as a preacher, a transvestite, painted blue etc...
* 8/18/1998-Thomas & Mack Center | UNLV , Las Vegas,NV.
* 8/3/2001-Red Rocks Amphitheater | Morrison, CO.
* 10/11/2002-Coors Events Center | University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
* 5/5/2006-The(original)Joint | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 9/1/2006-Theater Under the Stars | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/27/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/28/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 7/16/2010-Planet Hollywood Theater | Las Vegas, NV.
* 1/15/2012-Mandalay Bay | Las Vegas, NV.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply