opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 12. Triad
User Name
Password
Old 10-18-2003, 11:05 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Meditation and the pineal gland

I always pictured this song to symbolize someone spiritualy getting close to something. Learning something with the mind through this experience that he/she can't put to words. And being ok with the fact he/she can't explain it. Whether through love for someone or meditation. And within the meditation picture it as a meditation on something. A question maybe, or a koan. Then picture it as meditating towards enlightenment... or no thought. They get close enough to know they are on to something, then they realize they began to think and lose it.
Also Triad may stand for mind, body and soul as one. Drums being body, guitar being thought or mind. And the weird noises (I think it is Maynard singing) being the soul drifting in and out of balance with the mind and body. Hence an out of body experience.
Three eyes being the other concept. The Pineal gland is located at the center of the forehead towards the rear of the brain. Oddly enough it is shaped like an eye. This gland also responds to certain lights. Could this be thwe third eye?
The more I ponder the meaning of the song the more I think I dillute it. This song feels like it was written to be heard, or felt, not to push opinions. Please don't take my thoughts that way. I'm long winded I know. Hopefully my ideas didn't suck completely. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Kicker2d1; 10-19-2003 at 10:13 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:11 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 5
some did

Some idea's sucked...like your idea to spell pineal wrong in the thread title...just kidding. I really like your idea, althought I don't agree with it. I do think an out of body experience is trying to be conveyed in this song.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:15 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: some did

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkfistJEff
Some idea's sucked...like your idea to spell pineal wrong in the thread title...just kidding. I really like your idea, althought I don't agree with it. I do think an out of body experience is trying to be conveyed in this song.
Thanks for catching that incorrect spelling. I like the out of body experience idea too. I guess it is just more fun like that. Thanks again. Later.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: