opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 15. Third Eye
User Name
Password
Old 12-08-2002, 08:58 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Prying Open MY Third Eye?

To be perfectly honest with you, I think this song is about sex. Sex and drugs. In..Out, grinning wide, been throgh that hole and back again? COME ON?! That's my opinion, so go home and masterbate yourselves into oblivion. YOU FUCKING JERK-OFFS! HAHAHAHAHAHA. . . . . talk to you soon
Old 12-08-2002, 12:03 PM   #2
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50
is EVERYTHING about sex?

now this is what i call selective interpretation. we're all guilty of it from time to time (well, many of us anyway) but all equally wrong. just because a line or two conjure up images of sex (and even THAT's questionable concerning this song) doesn't mean that's what it's about. sex is a powerful image, useful in many circumstances to illustrate passion, temptation, allure, and etcetera. the rest of the song doesn't support you.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 04:24 PM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 2723
Your an ASS

Hey aenima613 who's been prying open your BROWN eye? Fucking cock monkey dipshit.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:41 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 25
How mature of you, Hogpile..

Sex and Third Eye? I'd have to disagree.. could be about missing someone and having them be there all along.. but sex doesn't seem to go with it. Errrr! This goes nowhere with sex!
Old 12-22-2002, 01:23 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Penguin...

Thats a good thought and I would like to add on to it. Maynard could mean someone who lost himself.

Maybe while ''Chasing the tail of dogma'' he lost himself through religious beliefs. There are many posibilities to go along with this song. ''So good to see you, I've missed you so much, So glad it's over, I've missed you so much, Came out to watch you play, So why are you running away?'' may mean it's better to enjoy life and ''play'' instead of running to a religion and losing yourself while doing so.

''Shrouding all the ground around me.
Is this holy crow above me'' (remember crows are bad, holy crow. bad religion)
''I stick my hand into his shadow,
To pull the pieces from the sand,
Which I try to reassemble,
To see just who I might have been,
I do not recognize the vessel,
But the eyes seem so familiar''.

That whole piece means to me that he pulled himself from the religion and he does not recognize what he has become but his eyes remind him of his former self. I'm speaking most of religious ties to this song. It may have a whole different meaning. I choose not to follow any reiligion.

I hope I made sense to you guys.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:21 PM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Maturity is over-rated

Uh, sorry Penguin. Nice name by the way. Please forgive my ungraciousness and narrowmindedness not to mention my child-like inability to discuss rock songs with the vast maturity you deem necessary to make a post on this site. May the deep thinkers and Tool deviants everywhere forgive me for my insolence.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:02 PM   #7
Banned.

Well calling him that is totaly useless and will go nowhere and it makes YOU look stupid!! You look like a damn 5-year old saying that. Your post contributed NOTHING to the discussion.. bah.. why waste my useless time doing something more useless? =P

Have a nice day!

Good stuff forty6n2 :P
Old 12-27-2002, 05:45 PM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

5 years or 5 beers?

Quote:
Originally posted by Penguin
Well calling him that is totaly useless and will go nowhere and it makes YOU look stupid!! You look like a damn 5-year old saying that. Your post contributed NOTHING to the discussion.. bah.. why waste my useless time doing something more useless? =P

Have a nice day!

Good stuff forty6n2 :P
Uh, Penguin, do me a favor and scroll to the top of this page. Read that valuable contribution to your precious discussion. Oh and your "deep" little response to the original post was"enlightening" since the guy wasn't seriously saying the song was about sex, he was making fun of self-appointed intellects like yourself who would have some long, drawn-out response to a post that was a fucking farce in the first place. He's telling you all to suck dicks and fuck yourselves and you go off on me for being imature? Try reading before you start running your mouth Penguin. I look stupid? The mere thought of a complete degenerate like you calling me stupid is laughable. But thanks for keeping me in check.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:05 PM   #9
Banned

Bincount™: 6
aenima613 Your dumb

Ok aenima613 maybe u just need to get laid and stop relating everything u here to sex ur the one who needs to go masterbte you horny fuck wtf third eye u call ur dick ur third eye your pretty fucked up man get a life sorry for all the swear words but this guys is just a horny fuck and makes guys look bad
Old 12-27-2002, 08:35 PM   #10
Banned.

Hehe sorry sir, I'm just an idiot.. go on with your name calling if you wish. :P

My response wasn't deep at all
Old 12-30-2002, 06:56 AM   #11
Level 12 - Scurrilous

finally someone gets a grip...

Well DC23 at least someone read the first post.....its good to see someone else knows what I was talking about in the first place. aenima613 is a fucking dolt. Point made.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: