Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
jlpeezworld
05-26-2006, 11:13 AM

I'm thinking it's Ganja Puhleeese (Please). In other words...Ganja made you act like that? Please...You must have been out your mind! It's showing that in order for someone to be such a hypocrite, they must be on something way more mind-altering than ganja. Proving they're no better than the ones they judge, and may in fact, be worse. opinions?
Old 05-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Ganja Police is wrong...

I'm thinking it's Ganja Puhleeese (Please). In other words...Ganja made you act like that? Please...You must have been out your mind! It's showing that in order for someone to be such a hypocrite, they must be on something way more mind-altering than ganja. Proving they're no better than the ones they judge, and may in fact, be worse. opinions?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
WitlessLiar
05-26-2006, 02:34 PM

Oh, so you could hear the subtle distinctions that are virtually inaudible? And that was so important that you had to post outside of the lyrics thread? Cool.

There's as much reason for Police as please. So puh-lease, don't say something that close is wrong.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Ganja Police is wrong...

Oh, so you could hear the subtle distinctions that are virtually inaudible? And that was so important that you had to post outside of the lyrics thread? Cool.

There's as much reason for Police as please. So puh-lease, don't say something that close is wrong.
Loveboat Captain's Avatar Loveboat Captain
05-26-2006, 03:26 PM

Chillax.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

Chillax.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
05-26-2006, 03:59 PM

Bin/merge please
Old 05-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Bin/merge please
I Chas I's Avatar I Chas I
05-26-2006, 04:11 PM

I think its please also. I dont hear the "-ice" at the end of police at all, but "-ease" is definetly there. And before I get yelled at for voicing my opinion, thats all it is. My opinion.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

I think its please also. I dont hear the "-ice" at the end of police at all, but "-ease" is definetly there. And before I get yelled at for voicing my opinion, thats all it is. My opinion.
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-26-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Chas I
Well, I don't wanna yell at you because of your opinon, but the "-ice" of police and the "-ease" is basiclaly the same thing.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Quote:
Well, I don't wanna yell at you because of your opinon, but the "-ice" of police and the "-ease" is basiclaly the same thing.
I Chas I's Avatar I Chas I
05-26-2006, 04:25 PM

In the words police and please , they sound different.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-26-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the softness of s.

So fucking what.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Quote:
Yeah, the softness of s.

So fucking what.
Kurt Russell's Avatar Kurt Russell
05-26-2006, 05:20 PM

I saw the title of this thread and thought "finally"

BUT HE DOES NOT SAY THE WORD GANJA EITHER
Old 05-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 702

tbrent21's Avatar tbrent21
05-26-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:

I happen to agree with you completely. Its a "Z" sound, perhaps a 's' that makes a 'z' sound (lies, please). So whatever he's saying, I don't think we know for sure, but I'd say its unlikely that its "ganja police" and I feel that this incorrect reading of that line is, unfortunately, influencing alot of people's reading of the song to be about a 'war on drugs' or something.

God, with thousands of our volunteer armed forces and National Guard and tens of thousands of civilians killed in Iraq, and no seeming way to pull out, not to mention after Katrina, if it were the case that an anti-establishment song is released in 2006, and all it aimed to do is bitch about the war on drugs, I would say it should be viewed as a goddamn self-indulgent embarrassment. Thankfully THIS anti-establishment song is ANYTHING but that.

Last edited by tbrent21; 05-26-2006 at 06:58 PM..
Old 05-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #10

Quote:

I happen to agree with you completely. Its a "Z" sound, perhaps a 's' that makes a 'z' sound (lies, please). So whatever he's saying, I don't think we know for sure, but I'd say its unlikely that its "ganja police" and I feel that this incorrect reading of that line is, unfortunately, influencing alot of people's reading of the song to be about a 'war on drugs' or something.

God, with thousands of our volunteer armed forces and National Guard and tens of thousands of civilians killed in Iraq, and no seeming way to pull out, not to mention after Katrina, if it were the case that an anti-establishment song is released in 2006, and all it aimed to do is bitch about the war on drugs, I would say it should be viewed as a goddamn self-indulgent embarrassment. Thankfully THIS anti-establishment song is ANYTHING but that.

Last edited by tbrent21; 05-26-2006 at 06:58 PM..
M.Luther's Avatar M.Luther
05-26-2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate messina

agreed. at no time in this album, this song. or in this life have you heard manerd say GANJA.
you never will.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #11
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

Quote:

agreed. at no time in this album, this song. or in this life have you heard manerd say GANJA.
you never will.
CrazyJoeDevola's Avatar CrazyJoeDevola
05-26-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpeezworld
Creepily, I was just going to post this exact same thing. I believe it.
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:38 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.
Stickman's Avatar Stickman
05-26-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Luther
you never will.
I second that! I don't hear ganga at all. PEROID!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Luther
you never will.
I second that! I don't hear ganga at all. PEROID!
A Tad Bit Catatonic's Avatar A Tad Bit Catatonic
05-26-2006, 09:30 PM

It's definitely please, I have been thinking about this for the last week. This makes a whole lot more sense than the other theories - Ganja Police is pretty cheesy. He's saying - or mocking "give me weed so I can get high".

I don't think he's necessarily putting down marijuana - it is just such a great topic for a song. And the entendre is there. Well some people do and say stupid shit when they're high on anything. I think there's a little bit of a cautionary edge there. Anyway blah blah - I could go on about this song for a long time.

It is DEFINITELY "Please" though, I think at least - makes WAY more sense and is much more poetic, and not a cheesy out of place lyric...
Old 05-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 61

It's definitely please, I have been thinking about this for the last week. This makes a whole lot more sense than the other theories - Ganja Police is pretty cheesy. He's saying - or mocking "give me weed so I can get high".

I don't think he's necessarily putting down marijuana - it is just such a great topic for a song. And the entendre is there. Well some people do and say stupid shit when they're high on anything. I think there's a little bit of a cautionary edge there. Anyway blah blah - I could go on about this song for a long time.

It is DEFINITELY "Please" though, I think at least - makes WAY more sense and is much more poetic, and not a cheesy out of place lyric...
05-26-2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
im with you
Old 05-26-2006, 09:31 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2268

Quote:
im with you
M.Luther's Avatar M.Luther
05-26-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDevola
that is creepy man, it's like synchronicity or some shit.

enter the matrix.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #16
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDevola
that is creepy man, it's like synchronicity or some shit.

enter the matrix.
CrazyJoeDevola's Avatar CrazyJoeDevola
05-27-2006, 02:19 PM

I also think that there's a double entendre when he says "you must have been high." There's the obvious reference to being intoxicated but there's also a sardonic charge insinuating someone's social status such as a king is referred to as "Highness." For that person to wave their finger they must have been, or felt they were, above someone else.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

I also think that there's a double entendre when he says "you must have been high." There's the obvious reference to being intoxicated but there's also a sardonic charge insinuating someone's social status such as a king is referred to as "Highness." For that person to wave their finger they must have been, or felt they were, above someone else.
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
05-27-2006, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21
Quote:
True, but the pronunciation of the "pl" from please and the "pol" from police are completely different as well. You ask us to make a leap and interpret Maynard's two syllable utterance as "puh-lease" instead of police, at the same time that you discourage a similar leap from "ease" to "ice." I'm not necessarily saying that you are wrong- just that your argument is comically circular, as in . . .

"I'm right because I made a leap in pronunciation. You're wrong because you made a leap in pronunciation."

Idle commentary- nothing more, nothing less.
But I'll pull through
Old 05-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #18
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21
Quote:
True, but the pronunciation of the "pl" from please and the "pol" from police are completely different as well. You ask us to make a leap and interpret Maynard's two syllable utterance as "puh-lease" instead of police, at the same time that you discourage a similar leap from "ease" to "ice." I'm not necessarily saying that you are wrong- just that your argument is comically circular, as in . . .

"I'm right because I made a leap in pronunciation. You're wrong because you made a leap in pronunciation."

Idle commentary- nothing more, nothing less.
But I'll pull through
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
05-27-2006, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Cerebrally, I want to believe this, in fact, I've "Got to believe" it. But I hear "ganja" every time. Then, I go back and play that part of the song again, conciously listening for it. I am always able to rationalize to myself that the "J" sound I keep hearing is a fluke of constructive, sonic interference. Then, I'll be doing something aside from analyzing Tool songs to the point of futility, and I'll hear that lyric out of the "corner of my ear," and it's "GANJA" clear as day! This is the lyric that really has me awaiting with baited breath the official release of the lyrics.

*Disclaimer- Upon inspection of what I am about to post, I realize that I must suffer from delusions of grandeur if I truly believe that anything I could do to, at, or in the vicinity of a Tool song could possibly, in any way render it useless.*
But I'll pull through
Old 05-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #19
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:

Cerebrally, I want to believe this, in fact, I've "Got to believe" it. But I hear "ganja" every time. Then, I go back and play that part of the song again, conciously listening for it. I am always able to rationalize to myself that the "J" sound I keep hearing is a fluke of constructive, sonic interference. Then, I'll be doing something aside from analyzing Tool songs to the point of futility, and I'll hear that lyric out of the "corner of my ear," and it's "GANJA" clear as day! This is the lyric that really has me awaiting with baited breath the official release of the lyrics.

*Disclaimer- Upon inspection of what I am about to post, I realize that I must suffer from delusions of grandeur if I truly believe that anything I could do to, at, or in the vicinity of a Tool song could possibly, in any way render it useless.*
But I'll pull through
black_rose's Avatar black_rose
05-27-2006, 06:17 PM

Doesn't he just say "can't you please"
Old 05-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 8254

05-27-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rose_immortal
That's what I hear as well, but we won't know for sure until the official lyrics are bestowed upon us...
Old 05-27-2006, 08:05 PM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rose_immortal
That's what I hear as well, but we won't know for sure until the official lyrics are bestowed upon us...
Rachprice
05-27-2006, 08:36 PM

I read something about during the last elections in the biggest city of azerbaijan (ganja) a party managed to get the police (ganja police) to hold some from of a kangaroo court (fixed outcome)
Old 05-27-2006, 08:36 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

I read something about during the last elections in the biggest city of azerbaijan (ganja) a party managed to get the police (ganja police) to hold some from of a kangaroo court (fixed outcome)
k~nug's Avatar k~nug
05-29-2006, 07:46 AM

I think it's "got to- please!!" as in please, you have got to be out of your mind.

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music
Old 05-29-2006, 07:46 AM   #23

Bincount™: 4

I think it's "got to- please!!" as in please, you have got to be out of your mind.

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music
LetGoLetgoLetGo's Avatar LetGoLetgoLetGo
05-29-2006, 08:18 AM

I dont know how anyone can really say "for sure" about any of these lyrics. Check out the video of Jack Johnson doing Rodeo Clowns if youd like to learn more about what Im saying.

Cant you all just wait for the lyrics to be released on toolband?
Old 05-29-2006, 08:18 AM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

I dont know how anyone can really say "for sure" about any of these lyrics. Check out the video of Jack Johnson doing Rodeo Clowns if youd like to learn more about what Im saying.

Cant you all just wait for the lyrics to be released on toolband?
thepatient_10k
05-29-2006, 02:37 PM

umm, its definetely ganja please....there shouldnt even be an arguement about this.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #25

Bincount™: 9

umm, its definetely ganja please....there shouldnt even be an arguement about this.
EdwardJamesKeenan
05-29-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient_10k
Unfortunately for you its hard to be definate about specualtion. Nobody knwos the actual lyircs yet (apart from TOOL) so like all the others tthat say that they're right and everyone else is wrong, can you please just hold your horses?

i actaully hear the ganja part, but i'm not sure it ganja please, i think its closer to ganja police, but i infact hear just on word Ganj(a/o)polize. i'm hearing an IZE sound at the end (like monopolize), not entirely sure what that could mean, but i just kinda heard that.

Upon reading this post i realise that could actually be a laughable thort, but oh well...........................
Old 05-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #26

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient_10k
Unfortunately for you its hard to be definate about specualtion. Nobody knwos the actual lyircs yet (apart from TOOL) so like all the others tthat say that they're right and everyone else is wrong, can you please just hold your horses?

i actaully hear the ganja part, but i'm not sure it ganja please, i think its closer to ganja police, but i infact hear just on word Ganj(a/o)polize. i'm hearing an IZE sound at the end (like monopolize), not entirely sure what that could mean, but i just kinda heard that.

Upon reading this post i realise that could actually be a laughable thort, but oh well...........................

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply