opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 08-25-2007, 02:43 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
lateralus and the sephiroth

1, 2, together three that make seven
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:28 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: lateralus and the sephiroth

I'm not that good English so sorry for the crappy grammars.
if you want to understand this you should read the post of lvldussalvl first.
If i have to explain something better please tell me.
i will start from faaip de oiad and end at the grudge becuase the sphiroth is build up from above. choose 1 or 10, 1 is the top (triad) and ten is bottom (the grudge).
The sephiroth: http://stashbox.org/34522/sephiroth.jpg
http://stashbox.org/34522/sephiroth.jpg is seperated in two parts, the highest triangle and the lower part. The highest tringle is the heavenly three-oneness from which the lower seven come. the lower seven is the universal human (Adam-kadmom). but before there was a sephiroth (this is the tale of the qabbalah) there was "ain-soph" the brahmans call it "parabrahm" it means something we can't discribe or imagine, it goes back before there was anything, ain-soph means not being, in the occult the discribe it with only a circle. Faaip de oiad is ain-soph because it is the next step and there is a gap between triad and f/d/o that means it is something we can't connect to. there was ain-soph, then there came Kether (triad), in the occult kether is a circle with a point in the middle as the first thougth of differantation. this symbol is the same as de alchemystic symbol for the sun and gold. from Kether there came binah and chochma, kether is the yod and binah the heh and together they make yah which means woman. chochma is the son if kether is the father and binah the mother. The old greeks call kether Phanos the heavenly thought, binah ghaos the femine side from which everything is born and chochma chronos the son who is the pushing force in everything. This is the three-oneness. also the father son and the holy spirit from the christians. kether is triad but what is binah and what is chochma. In my opinion chochma is reflection becuase the song is about the will to crusify the ego and that's a thougth that is has a very pushing force. So binah is disposition, trough binah everything exists, the heavenly thougth enters binah under the pushing force of chochma and is born from binah: "mention this to me and whatch the whether chance. binah and chochma is the first of dualism, man-woman yin-yang and thats why it fits whit the moon, the old jews (not only the jews) thougth that jehova (yah means women hovah means man) had something to do with the moon becuase the moon always symbolysed life and death, yin and yang.
Now i didn't figure out the last part of the sephiroth but i think malkuth (10) is the grudge and tifereth is schism. i will post it if i find something more but think about this. In the parabola video there is this guy who cuts a apple (something to do whit the apple that adam and eve heve eaten?) and you first see a five star, the pentagram stands symbol for the human as he is today. also it is the fifth chakra, the you see a six star (third eye -chakra) and at least e seven star (triad) maybe it means moving beyond the point we are now become the ubermensch from nietsche the next step. AThe sephiroth is the three-oneness from which the sevn come, in the parabola video the three guys form on circle (three-oneness) and this circle is formed into a seven star, doesn't that looks femiliar?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

now i will explain the relation between the moon and chochma/binah a little more.
Binah and chochma simbolyse the yin and yang from which everything exists, kether is the heavenly thougth behind it. Jehova or The god from the christians symbolyses this binah/chochma yin-yang. Jehova is yah(woman) -hovah(man) the secret lies in the name itself jehova is yin and yang, man and woman, good and evil, binah and chochma. That's why the jews related jehova with the moon. the moon lives and dies over and over again that's why people related it whith yin-yang live-death. Jehova is the symbol of the polarities in everything and the moon is the astronomical symbol for that. Also the polarities are nothing without the one shared source, without the sun the moon will never live and die; "without her we are liffeless satelites". the sun is kether, the source of binah/chochma.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:19 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

this theory is just my theory not tool's theory i think it fits this way because lateralus is such a cosmic concept
Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Ok it's time for daath, first there was the three-oneness, from that the seven came and formed the sephiroth the universal human adam-kadmom. the three-oneness is something that will always be above the human the beginning of everything. Daath lies below the first triangle on the spot of the third eye, it shows the highest intulectual potential of the human. it is the highest part of the human part of the sephiroth and his correspondending planet is mercurius. Mercurius also stands close to the sun and in many religions mercurius is the high intulectual leader of mankind. in astrologics mercurius stands for the intulectual parts of the human psyche. I think daath conjuncts with the song Lateralus becuase it the song explains perfectly the progress of evolving and fits into the sacred geometry a sign of mercurius. Danny who play's the fibonnacci code, maynard who sings the fibonacci code.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:14 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

you can't find daath in every sephiroth, it is the thing that can connect the lower seven with the higher three, and that's the highest human potential.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Someone's been reading Blavatsky. I just started reading The Secret Doctrine but from what I can grasp so far quaballa, alchemy, and the vedic chakra system are all of the same ancient source that is sacred geometry. What Tool is doing is inspiring our subconscious and conscious thoughts into finding any spiritual path that leads to universal perception and enlightenment, trough their primal rythms, confronting lyrics and occult imagery. There's a lot of hidden depth here, but the beauty of it is that you can interpret it in so many ways, through so many different mediums, it still all leads to the same source. And while the other albums certainly allude to meta- and quantumphysics, entheogens and Jungian psychology, Lateralus is in itself a higher form of art, laying out the basics of spiritual evolution, very much like Blavatsky herself. They're on the same page as Alex Grey, Albert Hoffman, Carlos Costenado, and the whole theosophical/metaphysical school of thought. Not to mention ofcourse Pi, the Fabbernaci sequence and the Golden Spiral.

On a sidenote, my other favourite band, The Mars Volta, have cited Blavatsky as an influence and have been using these themes in a cryptic, conceptual way, a lá Allen Ginsburg or William Burroughs. Some of the rumoured track titles for their new album which have been revealed on ASCAP's website reveal that some of them are direct reference to The Secret Doctrine, one example being Metatron or Oroboros.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"

Last edited by Koan; 08-31-2007 at 04:17 PM..
Old 09-01-2007, 05:21 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

yes i have been reading blavatsky i'm in part two of the secret doctrine now, and my other favourite band is also the mars volta. the mars volta and tool are going to tour together. And about the new album of the mars volta, one of the new tracks has the name of the snake who bites his own tail, yes it all goes back to the same source.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Joel?
there was no craddle I can taste it!"

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: