Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
right_in_three's Avatar right_in_three
04-25-2006, 04:05 PM

This may get me flamed by those who have been waiting it out but whatever. I took the disc that I burned the album onto and broke it to pieces today.

I do not intend to listen to any Tool until a week from today when the album is officially released. Upon that day, I will promptly go the local music store and buy my copy of the CD. Maybe 10 copies.

I dunno who posted this but a while ago there was a thread stating a "Tool Marathon" upon release of the new album...meaning that that person was going to listen to Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Salival, and then the new album for flavor upon the day of the release of the new album. That's like 5 1/2 hours of Tool.

I believe this will make me appreciate the release more (also with it's captivating artwork) and will perhaps make me learn to be patient the next time around.

Bring on 6/6/6.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16
For Those Of You Who Listened To The Leak: Last Week Of Waiting

This may get me flamed by those who have been waiting it out but whatever. I took the disc that I burned the album onto and broke it to pieces today.

I do not intend to listen to any Tool until a week from today when the album is officially released. Upon that day, I will promptly go the local music store and buy my copy of the CD. Maybe 10 copies.

I dunno who posted this but a while ago there was a thread stating a "Tool Marathon" upon release of the new album...meaning that that person was going to listen to Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Salival, and then the new album for flavor upon the day of the release of the new album. That's like 5 1/2 hours of Tool.

I believe this will make me appreciate the release more (also with it's captivating artwork) and will perhaps make me learn to be patient the next time around.

Bring on 6/6/6.
04-25-2006, 04:13 PM

I intend to listen to the leak regularly and buy the album whenever I get around to it.
Stillness breathes apex supreme - I walk toward the mountain.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13
Re: For Those Of You Who Listened To The Leak: Last Week Of Waiting

I intend to listen to the leak regularly and buy the album whenever I get around to it.
Stillness breathes apex supreme - I walk toward the mountain.
OFFLINE |  
Judge Dredg
04-25-2006, 04:23 PM

I gave my copy away today.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

I gave my copy away today.
OFFLINE |  
Elementz
04-25-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by right_in_three

Bring on 6/6/6.
Dude, if you listen to this right after Lateralus prepare to be MAJORLY dissappointed.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Bring on 6/6/6.
Dude, if you listen to this right after Lateralus prepare to be MAJORLY dissappointed.
OFFLINE |  
TylerDurden's Avatar TylerDurden
04-25-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I took the disc that I burned the album onto and broke it to pieces today.
Such self control...

You could of just waited the extra two weeks after the leak to experience the glorious fruits of a tedious 5 year wait. I didn't want to soil my ''virgin listen'' on some 192 or so Kbps leak....
Old 04-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I took the disc that I burned the album onto and broke it to pieces today.
Such self control...

You could of just waited the extra two weeks after the leak to experience the glorious fruits of a tedious 5 year wait. I didn't want to soil my ''virgin listen'' on some 192 or so Kbps leak....
OFFLINE |  
right_in_three's Avatar right_in_three
04-25-2006, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Such self control...

Ahhhh I know......

Maybe, JUST MAYBE I will next time. I still loved it either way.

Two weeks? I must have some kidn of disorder...
Old 04-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Such self control...

Ahhhh I know......

Maybe, JUST MAYBE I will next time. I still loved it either way.

Two weeks? I must have some kidn of disorder...
04-25-2006, 04:33 PM

I think I will go this week without listening to it as well. It's going to be very hard resisting these songs...can I do it? I'm not sure.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

I think I will go this week without listening to it as well. It's going to be very hard resisting these songs...can I do it? I'm not sure.
OFFLINE |  
Vecromatica
04-25-2006, 06:12 PM

You know, that idea isn't too bad. Listening to all the albums in order will show so much growth. From Opiate to 10,000 Days...

I think I'll be joining you on this one.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #8
On Probation

Bincount™: 68

You know, that idea isn't too bad. Listening to all the albums in order will show so much growth. From Opiate to 10,000 Days...

I think I'll be joining you on this one.
OFFLINE |  
godhenry
04-25-2006, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz
I listened to Lateralus right after 10,000 Days and I was MOST MAJORLY disappointed [by Lateralus].
Old 04-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
I listened to Lateralus right after 10,000 Days and I was MOST MAJORLY disappointed [by Lateralus].
04-25-2006, 07:44 PM

i have been listneing from lateralus ----:> opiate and opiate-----> lateralus
and then 10,000 days

i fucking swear...it makes so much sense
the band has grown leaps and bounds
Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

i have been listneing from lateralus ----:> opiate and opiate-----> lateralus
and then 10,000 days

i fucking swear...it makes so much sense
the band has grown leaps and bounds
04-25-2006, 08:02 PM

try this if you have a chance:

put Third Eye on top of your playlist, Rosetta Stoned second, and Third Eye again as the third. fade set to 13 seconds. you might need to go see a shrink afterward.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

put Third Eye on top of your playlist, Rosetta Stoned second, and Third Eye again as the third. fade set to 13 seconds. you might need to go see a shrink afterward.
04-25-2006, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry

what does "fade set" mean? lol
Old 04-25-2006, 10:00 PM   #12
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry

OFFLINE |  
omnitronic's Avatar omnitronic
04-25-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Man, you Lateralus nuts are so sensitive. I have not listened to the leak, but all of this crying about how it is not Lateralus II has me stoked. Undertow and Aenima are two of the best rock albums ever recorded, but Lateralus is incredibly flawed. Don't get me wrong, it has some amazing music; some of Tool best songs in fact, but as a whole it just does not stand up to their potential. Parabol, Parabola and Ticks n' Leaches are weak. So weak, they cripple the album to the point of becoming more of an EP than a whole CD. I have deleted those tracks from my iPod because I just cannot listen to them. And it just lacks the atmosphere the previous releases created. Those albums were otherworldly, where Lateralus just sounds like a really good progressive rock cd. That said, I understand and accept that Tool may have released a disappointment with 10,000 Days, but if the rest of it sounds anything like Vicarious and if it is pissing of Lateralus enthusiasts...it may just be what I have been waiting for. One more week!
Old 04-25-2006, 10:25 PM   #13
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 362

Quote:
Man, you Lateralus nuts are so sensitive. I have not listened to the leak, but all of this crying about how it is not Lateralus II has me stoked. Undertow and Aenima are two of the best rock albums ever recorded, but Lateralus is incredibly flawed. Don't get me wrong, it has some amazing music; some of Tool best songs in fact, but as a whole it just does not stand up to their potential. Parabol, Parabola and Ticks n' Leaches are weak. So weak, they cripple the album to the point of becoming more of an EP than a whole CD. I have deleted those tracks from my iPod because I just cannot listen to them. And it just lacks the atmosphere the previous releases created. Those albums were otherworldly, where Lateralus just sounds like a really good progressive rock cd. That said, I understand and accept that Tool may have released a disappointment with 10,000 Days, but if the rest of it sounds anything like Vicarious and if it is pissing of Lateralus enthusiasts...it may just be what I have been waiting for. One more week!
04-25-2006, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnitronic
i'm in a similar frame of mind with regard to lateralus. Aenima in my opinion is a lot better than lateralus - largely because of the lack of singing on lateralus.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:50 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnitronic
i'm in a similar frame of mind with regard to lateralus. Aenima in my opinion is a lot better than lateralus - largely because of the lack of singing on lateralus.
OFFLINE |  
praefector's Avatar praefector
04-25-2006, 11:53 PM

my 320k burned copy minus lipan and viginti will be designated as 10,000 days i listen to in my car

the copy i buy will go on my bookshelf in the case right next to lateralus, the salival booklet piece and the salival flip-top box that holds my copies of undertow and aenima
Old 04-25-2006, 11:53 PM   #15
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

my 320k burned copy minus lipan and viginti will be designated as 10,000 days i listen to in my car

the copy i buy will go on my bookshelf in the case right next to lateralus, the salival booklet piece and the salival flip-top box that holds my copies of undertow and aenima
godhenry
04-26-2006, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet X
EDIT: see response below

Last edited by godhenry; 04-26-2006 at 12:03 AM..
Old 04-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
EDIT: see response below

Last edited by godhenry; 04-26-2006 at 12:03 AM..
OFFLINE |  
godhenry
04-26-2006, 12:02 AM

Quote:
set fade between tracks to 13 seconds. sorry for the lazy writing ;)
Old 04-26-2006, 12:02 AM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
set fade between tracks to 13 seconds. sorry for the lazy writing ;)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply