Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 04. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
User Name
Password

Hopefully, they learn from their mistake and listen to some of their fans and just make another groundbreaking Ænima/Lateralus-esque album (I hope that sentence made sense... lol)
Old 12-25-2007, 07:01 PM   #41
On Probation

Bincount™: 130
Re: Why not just one song?

Hopefully, they learn from their mistake and listen to some of their fans and just make another groundbreaking Ænima/Lateralus-esque album (I hope that sentence made sense... lol)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
12-26-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*»€«(Đispositioń)»€«*~* View Post
Understood & supported.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:33 AM   #42
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Understood & supported.
12-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Yeah I'm with ya there. Even an album like undertow would be tolerable imo
Old 12-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #43
On Probation

Bincount™: 189

Yeah I'm with ya there. Even an album like undertow would be tolerable imo

Undertow is in a tie with Ænima for my favorite album (never really liked Lateralus as much as them). It may not have deep meaning to all their songs, but you can't deny that the music and vocals are a lot more raw compared to the other albums.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #44
On Probation

Undertow is in a tie with Ænima for my favorite album (never really liked Lateralus as much as them). It may not have deep meaning to all their songs, but you can't deny that the music and vocals are a lot more raw compared to the other albums.
Master_Of_Nothing
12-26-2007, 06:11 PM

They're all good in their own way, if you know what i mean, they all have a slightly different feel to them.

Undertow is raw and emotional
Lateralus seems to be spiritualistic
AEnima.... substance abuse?
and for the record
10,000 days seems to be about modern society/ maternal tribute
Opiate....more substance abuse? + attack the church
Old 12-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #45
On Probation

They're all good in their own way, if you know what i mean, they all have a slightly different feel to them.

Undertow is raw and emotional
Lateralus seems to be spiritualistic
AEnima.... substance abuse?
and for the record
10,000 days seems to be about modern society/ maternal tribute
Opiate....more substance abuse? + attack the church

Only one "song" in Opiate really had anything to do with drug abuse though right? It was mostly just attack the church.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #46
On Probation

Only one "song" in Opiate really had anything to do with drug abuse though right? It was mostly just attack the church.
Master_Of_Nothing
12-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Actually, its seems more complicated
gaping lotus=drugs
Opiate=attack
The rest seem to not fit the same category, more of a dark stalker thingy (Part of me)?

I wonder what he was singing about back before Tool?
Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #47
On Probation

Actually, its seems more complicated
gaping lotus=drugs
Opiate=attack
The rest seem to not fit the same category, more of a dark stalker thingy (Part of me)?

I wonder what he was singing about back before Tool?

Probably amoebas or something gay like that.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #48
On Probation

Probably amoebas or something gay like that.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
12-27-2007, 03:51 AM

Hey, i'm learning here.

Didn't know amoebas were gay...... Maybe that's why they don't need sex to multiply! Otherwise they would be extinct by now.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:51 AM   #49
Jedi Master

Hey, i'm learning here.

Didn't know amoebas were gay...... Maybe that's why they don't need sex to multiply! Otherwise they would be extinct by now.
12-27-2007, 08:09 AM

jethro tull did it with thick as a brick and the passion play
Old 12-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #50
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

jethro tull did it with thick as a brick and the passion play
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
12-27-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
hmmm, this one I haven't read in here:

Compared to Intension - Right in Two and Lost Keys - Rosetta Stoned the songs
Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days don't flow smoothly after each other.
The transitions in Intension - Right in Two and Lost Keys - Rosetta Stoned are much
smoother.
There is also a smooth transition between 10,000 Days and The Pot. In the ending, where you hear the wings, you can hear The Pot getting started. But i don't think that means it is meant to be to connect the songs together, tho. They're just mixed to flow from one song into the other.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #51
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
hmmm, this one I haven't read in here:

Compared to Intension - Right in Two and Lost Keys - Rosetta Stoned the songs
Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days don't flow smoothly after each other.
The transitions in Intension - Right in Two and Lost Keys - Rosetta Stoned are much
smoother.
There is also a smooth transition between 10,000 Days and The Pot. In the ending, where you hear the wings, you can hear The Pot getting started. But i don't think that means it is meant to be to connect the songs together, tho. They're just mixed to flow from one song into the other.
12-27-2007, 03:34 PM

Its almost like they made the one song, and then made the listener choose one 'version' over the other, and making them discard the other? Kinda of like alternate endings?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #52
On Probation

Its almost like they made the one song, and then made the listener choose one 'version' over the other, and making them discard the other? Kinda of like alternate endings?

I like Part 1 better
Old 12-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #53
On Probation

I like Part 1 better
liecheatsteal
12-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Why do you think that Tool makes their music specifically for us????? That's just arrogant and narcissistic. You really think they give a damn what YOU think about the album or that YOU only liked a couple of songs? Do you really call yourself a fan of TOOL?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #54
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Why do you think that Tool makes their music specifically for us????? That's just arrogant and narcissistic. You really think they give a damn what YOU think about the album or that YOU only liked a couple of songs? Do you really call yourself a fan of TOOL?
12-28-2007, 12:05 PM

Oh I got so annoyed at people complaining about how they don't like the new album I forgot to give my thoughts to the topic at hand.

I think it could be a sly way to prevent people from burning copies from their friends. If you don't go back and sync the music together a burnt copy of 10,000 Days won't have the flow of the original store bought copy. There is a slight pause between all tracks. I can't stand listening to parabol/parabola on my Zune because of the slight 1 second pause. I could be wrong though.

I don't like that I have to choose between Eulogy(way to obvious) and Wings for Marie. The only songs I could think to have played at my funeral are Parabol/Parabola and 46&2.

Speaking of 46&2 has no one here noticed that Useful Idiot and 46&2 go together quite well? I see that most go right for the obvious. They want us to use our minds.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #55
Level 4 - Thinker

Oh I got so annoyed at people complaining about how they don't like the new album I forgot to give my thoughts to the topic at hand.

I think it could be a sly way to prevent people from burning copies from their friends. If you don't go back and sync the music together a burnt copy of 10,000 Days won't have the flow of the original store bought copy. There is a slight pause between all tracks. I can't stand listening to parabol/parabola on my Zune because of the slight 1 second pause. I could be wrong though.

I don't like that I have to choose between Eulogy(way to obvious) and Wings for Marie. The only songs I could think to have played at my funeral are Parabol/Parabola and 46&2.

Speaking of 46&2 has no one here noticed that Useful Idiot and 46&2 go together quite well? I see that most go right for the obvious. They want us to use our minds.
Master_Of_Nothing
12-28-2007, 04:04 PM

Useful Idiot was a waste of time imo. I like your choice of Parabol/a, that would make quite a decent funeral song. oh and narcissistic doesn't fit into your rant back there, you should have tried self centered lol. Anyways, that was just Dispositions opinion, don't beat him up for it. I agree with him as well
Old 12-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #56
On Probation

Useful Idiot was a waste of time imo. I like your choice of Parabol/a, that would make quite a decent funeral song. oh and narcissistic doesn't fit into your rant back there, you should have tried self centered lol. Anyways, that was just Dispositions opinion, don't beat him up for it. I agree with him as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by liecheatsteal View Post
It's not what I think about the new album, it's what a majority of the fans have all said. And of course they make their fucking music specifically for us, the fans, otherwise they wouldn't produce the fucking music in the first place. Sure, they do play the kind of music they like and everything, but it's mostly intended for us to listen to and judge accordingly. In conclusion, they probably DO care what I think, since it is what most people think about the new album in the first place. Fuck you dude, don't try to insult me because your a big fan of 10K Days and you can go ahead and leave me and my opinions to myself.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #57
On Probation

Quote:
It's not what I think about the new album, it's what a majority of the fans have all said. And of course they make their fucking music specifically for us, the fans, otherwise they wouldn't produce the fucking music in the first place. Sure, they do play the kind of music they like and everything, but it's mostly intended for us to listen to and judge accordingly. In conclusion, they probably DO care what I think, since it is what most people think about the new album in the first place. Fuck you dude, don't try to insult me because your a big fan of 10K Days and you can go ahead and leave me and my opinions to myself.
useyourtool
12-29-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
And after all the hype and patience we got 10k Days. It was just so completely disappointing to me
analogous to your birth and how your parents felt

Last edited by useyourtool; 12-30-2007 at 02:02 PM..
Old 12-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #58
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
And after all the hype and patience we got 10k Days. It was just so completely disappointing to me
analogous to your birth and how your parents felt

Last edited by useyourtool; 12-30-2007 at 02:02 PM..
Master_Of_Nothing
12-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Oh come now, thats just ratshit. more like analogus to discovering the world was round.

And also, Disposition, are you saying you don't like Vicarious, Jambi and the Wings songs?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #59
On Probation

Oh come now, thats just ratshit. more like analogus to discovering the world was round.

And also, Disposition, are you saying you don't like Vicarious, Jambi and the Wings songs?

I like part one of Wings, that's it.
Also, useyourtool, that was a terrible attempt at an insult. I'm not even going to bother making a comeback for that shit.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #60
On Probation

Also, useyourtool, that was a terrible attempt at an insult. I'm not even going to bother making a comeback for that shit.
Nine
12-30-2007, 03:07 AM

like em al, funeral would like disposistion to be played maby intension but i have my reasons
Old 12-30-2007, 03:07 AM   #61
Banned.

like em al, funeral would like disposistion to be played maby intension but i have my reasons
liecheatsteal
12-30-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:

Wow, Calm down man. I guess you've never said anything about anyone elses opinions before. If you don't want anyone saying shit about your opinions then KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF. I can say and think whatever the fuck I want about your opinions.

Fuck you dude, don't try to insult me because you're not a big fan of 10K Days and you can go ahead and leave me and my opinions to myself.
Sound familiar??
Old 12-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #62
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Wow, Calm down man. I guess you've never said anything about anyone elses opinions before. If you don't want anyone saying shit about your opinions then KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF. I can say and think whatever the fuck I want about your opinions.

Fuck you dude, don't try to insult me because you're not a big fan of 10K Days and you can go ahead and leave me and my opinions to myself.
Sound familiar??
12-30-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
Well the typical ebb and flow of how a band operates is that they make music that people start to like, so they tend to make more music that people like...

dumbass.
Makes an amazing amount of sense......Keep listening to Nickelback you douche

Tool is anything but typical
Old 12-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Well the typical ebb and flow of how a band operates is that they make music that people start to like, so they tend to make more music that people like...

dumbass.

12-30-2007, 09:22 AM

Master_Of_Nothing.....I realized later I should have used Selfish but self centered works as well
Old 12-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #64
Level 4 - Thinker

Master_Of_Nothing.....I realized later I should have used Selfish but self centered works as well

Quote:

He said the typical ebb and flow, not the ebb and flow of a typical band. And he's completely right, Tool isn't going to make shitty music so that nobody will buy it just so they are un-typical. You're fucking retarded. Also, i've got no problem at all with people disagreeing with my opinions, but pretty much called me a stuck-up asshole for having that certain opinion, so fuck you twice you stupid mother fucker.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #65
On Probation

Quote:

He said the typical ebb and flow, not the ebb and flow of a typical band. And he's completely right, Tool isn't going to make shitty music so that nobody will buy it just so they are un-typical. You're fucking retarded. Also, i've got no problem at all with people disagreeing with my opinions, but pretty much called me a stuck-up asshole for having that certain opinion, so fuck you twice you stupid mother fucker.
useyourtool
12-30-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
you just did make your comeback right there and it was awful mean...

Last edited by useyourtool; 12-30-2007 at 01:49 PM..
Old 12-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #66
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
you just did make your comeback right there and it was awful mean...

Last edited by useyourtool; 12-30-2007 at 01:49 PM..
useyourtool
12-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post

jambi is a fav... which do you like better wings 1 or 2...
Old 12-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #67
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post

Rolo's Avatar Rolo
12-30-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by useyourtool View Post
I can't make a choice between them. I do indeed believe they should be seperate from a lyrical point of view (as stated by guitarguru85 on post 40), but it's like a symbiosis; together they are such a powerful combination.

Last edited by Rolo; 12-30-2007 at 02:18 PM..
Old 12-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #68
Jedi Master

Quote:
I can't make a choice between them. I do indeed believe they should be seperate from a lyrical point of view (as stated by guitarguru85 on post 40), but it's like a symbiosis; together they are such a powerful combination.

Last edited by Rolo; 12-30-2007 at 02:18 PM..
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
12-30-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Whoa, Disposition!

Seems like you've been to "Inner_Eulogy"-bootcamp lately ;)
Old 12-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #69
Jedi Master

Quote:
Whoa, Disposition!

Seems like you've been to "Inner_Eulogy"-bootcamp lately ;)
12-30-2007, 03:00 PM

hahaha he said fuck you twice!!! now hes gonna say fuck me three times and then fuck you four times... he sure knows how to make a cutting remark... fuck that get out of here disposition
Old 12-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #70
Level 4 - Thinker

hahaha he said fuck you twice!!! now hes gonna say fuck me three times and then fuck you four times... he sure knows how to make a cutting remark... fuck that get out of here disposition
liecheatsteal
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
LMFAO.

Disposition please calm down.

He was still using the word typical to describe Tool. Now if he would have wrote "the typical ebb and flow of Tool" we wouldn't be having this discussion. Or would we????
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 PM   #71
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
LMFAO.

Disposition please calm down.

He was still using the word typical to describe Tool. Now if he would have wrote "the typical ebb and flow of Tool" we wouldn't be having this discussion. Or would we????

Also when I said fuck you twice, I meant it in the sense that I forgot to say "fuck you" after my first point I made against him, so I just put double "fuck you" at the end to compensate. Also, useyourtool is fucking retarded and horrible at trying to attack us.

And to put_away_the_dagger, I don't mean another album that SOUNDS like Ænima or Lateralus, but another album that breaks new ground like those two did. Does that make sense?
Old 12-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #72
On Probation

Also when I said fuck you twice, I meant it in the sense that I forgot to say "fuck you" after my first point I made against him, so I just put double "fuck you" at the end to compensate. Also, useyourtool is fucking retarded and horrible at trying to attack us.

And to put_away_the_dagger, I don't mean another album that SOUNDS like Ænima or Lateralus, but another album that breaks new ground like those two did. Does that make sense?
liecheatsteal
12-30-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
So, I make a correct statement, and you respond back with sarcasm that in no way makes an actual attack on my statement, but rather underscores that you have nothing to say back... and then you throw in a non-sequitur about Nickelback, further proving that you have no way to defend against my statement, while insulting me.

Then, you take a word that I used in a completely different context and alter its context into something that you can say does not define Tool.

Congratulations, you didn't get what I was saying at all, and you are not a very intelligent guy.

If Tool weren't making music for the fans, they never would have released their music.
I'm sorry. I didn't know you had such vast knowledge on how bands work.

You ever been in a band? Or played an instrument?
Old 12-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #73
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
So, I make a correct statement, and you respond back with sarcasm that in no way makes an actual attack on my statement, but rather underscores that you have nothing to say back... and then you throw in a non-sequitur about Nickelback, further proving that you have no way to defend against my statement, while insulting me.

Then, you take a word that I used in a completely different context and alter its context into something that you can say does not define Tool.

Congratulations, you didn't get what I was saying at all, and you are not a very intelligent guy.

If Tool weren't making music for the fans, they never would have released their music.
I'm sorry. I didn't know you had such vast knowledge on how bands work.

You ever been in a band? Or played an instrument?

You don't need to have been in a band to realize that if the band ISN'T making the music for their fans, then they wouldn't release it. It is common sense.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #74
On Probation

You don't need to have been in a band to realize that if the band ISN'T making the music for their fans, then they wouldn't release it. It is common sense.
liecheatsteal
12-31-2007, 08:47 AM

word to that ^^^
Old 12-31-2007, 08:47 AM   #75
Level 4 - Thinker

word to that ^^^

It was actually a mistake in the sense that a large majority of the fans really don't like the album. And what I understand that your saying, and i'll use an example here, if a band makes a CD that their fans absolutely hate, but the band itself thought it was perfect, then the next CD they make is going to be like that, knowing that it will sell horribly? I don't think so, money is almost always the main reason for making and or releasing the CD.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 AM   #76
On Probation

It was actually a mistake in the sense that a large majority of the fans really don't like the album. And what I understand that your saying, and i'll use an example here, if a band makes a CD that their fans absolutely hate, but the band itself thought it was perfect, then the next CD they make is going to be like that, knowing that it will sell horribly? I don't think so, money is almost always the main reason for making and or releasing the CD.
liecheatsteal
12-31-2007, 09:09 AM

So who bought the last couple of Rolling Stones albums? The die hard fans did. You heard any of the new shit they had put out in the last 10-15years? Pure hell. I call myself a fan of the Stones but TO ME they stopped making good music 20 or more years ago. Do you think they cared that their album didn't sell like it used to? Understand that Tool has been around for 15+ years and by now they don't give a fuck about record sales.(Thats if they ever did care) In addition, bands like Tool,with not alot of mainstream media support, rely on touring to bring in money. Try not to think so hard dude.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:09 AM   #77
Level 4 - Thinker

So who bought the last couple of Rolling Stones albums? The die hard fans did. You heard any of the new shit they had put out in the last 10-15years? Pure hell. I call myself a fan of the Stones but TO ME they stopped making good music 20 or more years ago. Do you think they cared that their album didn't sell like it used to? Understand that Tool has been around for 15+ years and by now they don't give a fuck about record sales.(Thats if they ever did care) In addition, bands like Tool,with not alot of mainstream media support, rely on touring to bring in money. Try not to think so hard dude.
12-31-2007, 09:40 AM

In response to the real question here each song gives a different view or perspective. If you listen closing you may get the idea that they both have a different vibe and focus...or maybe thats just me.

As for the rest of the post I'm sure the band doesn't write for the fans. As far as I can tell they never have and at this point they have they money and the means to do whatever the fuck they want...everyone will still flock to the checkout counter.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #78
Level 2 - Poster

In response to the real question here each song gives a different view or perspective. If you listen closing you may get the idea that they both have a different vibe and focus...or maybe thats just me.

As for the rest of the post I'm sure the band doesn't write for the fans. As far as I can tell they never have and at this point they have they money and the means to do whatever the fuck they want...everyone will still flock to the checkout counter.
Nine
12-31-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukdeduk View Post

they've stated in many an interview that they only create the music for themselves
Old 12-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #79
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukdeduk View Post

they've stated in many an interview that they only create the music for themselves

If they only created it for themselves then they wouldn't release it nationally in the first place.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #80
On Probation

If they only created it for themselves then they wouldn't release it nationally in the first place.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply