opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 12-04-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
A Dream I had.........

I had a dream that Tool released an "extended" Lateralus CD. You know, all the songs were longer, had extra parts in them. (Considering the original's 78:58 anyway, this wouldn't be possible....) but still.....it's pretty fucking weird when you hear what seems to be an extended Ticks & Leeches in a dream. o_O (I specifically remember hearing only the Ticks & Leeches, and it was like 11 minutes long....) But.....it was a dream. That's the fucking weird part.

Has anyone else had any dreams like this? It's odd....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:29 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

actually, i have. quite similar to yours, in fact. a lot of lateralus songs were very extended.. i believe "mantra" was 5 minutes long. how whack.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:48 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 44
I made a song in my sleep...

I am in a band, and one day, i spent almost a whole day in the keyboard (thats what i play) trying to come up with something. I fell asleep, and came up with such a kickass song. However, when i woke up, i could only remember this small part of it. I guess you could call our experiences the same!
Old 12-04-2002, 10:26 PM   #4
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
it would be possible, considering there are 100min cd's...

just a thought :)
Old 12-05-2002, 09:38 PM   #5
The Burninator

Bincount™: 483
:)

I have had a dream kind of like that. It was pushit playing in the background and I saw red, blue, green, and purple weaving and pulsing to the song. It was freaky.

MW
Old 12-19-2002, 02:13 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Once i drifted to sleep listening to Lateralus and my dream ended up being about Aenima. Real wierd but cool none the less.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:11 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

An extended version of lateralus... I wish I would have a dream like that!

As far as the feeling of having something like that happen in a dream, I think I can releate to it. I read a theory that dreams are your way of going over what you experience in day and deciding what you commit to long term memory and what is discarded. So if you listen to Tool alot one day, you end up dreaming about it, and it goes into long term memory.
I personally think there is a metaphysical facet to dreaming we dont completely understand yet. One theory I read about that is when you sleep your soul leaves your body. This is way for the eternal part of your self to reconnect with the divine and recharge, to escape the pain of our tough existence here and be reminded of our eternal nature. Put into Tool terms: "This body holding me", "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion". You of course cant remember this upon awaking, because such things are to big for our brains to remember the first detail of. But some if it, your mind interprets it into things the human mind can fathom. Maybe your minds interpretaion of the divine is Tooll!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: