opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow
User Name
Password
Old 07-22-2007, 06:13 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Water

My wife was telling me the other day that she always has dreams where large bodies of water are present in odd places. Then she started doing some research to find out what that may represent and it was stated that water is related to thoughts of one's mother. Her mother is stricken with Lymphoma. So I started thinking about Undertow and the references to water throughout. If you take those references and combine them with the association of one's mother, we may have some clues into the reasoning behind the water references in Undertow. Needlless to say, Maynard references his Mom in many of his records.

Thoughts? Old News?

Thanks.

A M E N ! ! !
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:12 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
Re: Water

I always found most of the time that water represented the subconscious or the "unknown" in dreams. The water to me in the Undertow album screams out the same too.

When I try to interpret my dreams, I try to stay away from searching for symbols in dream websites in order to understand what they mean.

This is a dream of mine that involves water and I believe relates to the water in the album:

I was on the shore getting on a boat with other people. I had a funny feeling that the boat was going to sink into the water once we would took the boat to the middle of the lake. Everyone told me that everything was going to be ok and to not worry. We got out to the middle of the lake and the front of the boat started sinking. I jumped out of the boat into the water and saw everyone sink into the water with the boat with smiles on their faces as if they just went down a roller coaster. I thought to myself how weird it was that they we so happy to meet their death within the water. I floated around until I came upon an underwater pyramid to stand on. I took out a flashlight from my pocket and started flashing an SOS to the closest boat which was very far away. Then I woke up.

The dream to me meant that I was running from the unknown or whatever was lurking beneath the subconscious. I should have stayed in the sinking boat to see what was within my subconscious. There in I would have died (like the rest) but I would have been reborn to the secrets that I discovered under the subconscious. The underwater pyramid represented unknown knowledge and undiscovered treasures. Instead of searching into the water to check out the pyramid, I ran away.

"Locked up inside you,
like the calm beneath castles,
is a cavern of treasures that
noone has been to.
Let's go digging.
Bring it out to take you back in."

Your wifes dream on water may be the same or not. Ask her if she wouldnt mind sharing her dreams on water. I have no clue how water could relate to the thoughts of one's own mother.

other things about water:

- if the water is disturbed. It can relate to bad weather/emotions. still relates to the subconscious.
- water is used to baptize. To heal. cleanse.
- etc.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 07-25-2007 at 06:15 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: