opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 07. Undertow
User Name
Password
Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
The riff at 3:37

I've been browsing through the net and I feel like I'm the only one who absolutely loves the riff at 3:37 of this song. It has a really trippy, stonerish, psychedelic feel to it.

Does anyone agree?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
On Probation

Re: The riff at 3:37

It's a bit trippy...your right. But unfortunately too short of a riff. Wish it continued to a psychedelic jam!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 35

It does continue into a psychodelic jam, doesn't it? In an absolutely delightful manner at it. I was always amazed by how Danny backs it up on drums! If an album like Undertow came out today, it would surely blow my mind.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

While I'm thrilled to see something off the Undertow album being discussed, I don't get the fascination with this particular "riff." Really, doesn't it simply serve as a transition?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

transition riffs are nothing to speak of, let alone be fascinated with.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Nothing to drool over, I mean, I'm just saying it's fun as hell to listen to. Even if it is a transition.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

(i was mocking the previous post ...which^ sounded kinda smug and short-changing ...maybe it's me, i might just be a cynical bastard again)

i actually think it is something to drool over ...it's some sweet beautiful music, AND an important part of the music we've come to know to love to hate or something (couldn't care to keep track).

growth healing evolution change transmutation - again it's music, those are even their themes - every sound tool creates is more 'transition' than "riff" (smug quotes), but what would that word even mean here? what, it serves only to bring you from the middle eu-phor-ia-a part to that more sped up 0h12h15:D/A/d/A/D/A/d/A:12\0 ending riff? if that's the argument, then i don't get it. the music at 3:37 is especially juicy because its lead-in timing demands all punches and notes to be heard/felt, even waited on and anticipated. the inbetween black silences screeeeeeam volumes. i love it. fits perfectly.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 02-02-2012 at 09:20 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: