opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 07. Undertow
User Name
Password
Old 05-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 119
Undertow

To me, the song is about a deeply cut pain that just won't go away, something that nags the hell out of you, and drives you to near insanity, and it slices into you at random moments, never at a consistant pace that burns out after a week like a broken heart, but something that really cut deep. Something that has to be silence to preserve normality, but no matter what you do to shut it up, it will be with you for your whole life, you can try to shut it out with hard drugs and liquor, hoping you'll kill the pain by killing yourself with that shit, but when you wake up, you're still back down beneath the undertow.

and yeah, I've read interpretations on this song, this is what it feels like to me, because this is what I was listening to at the time of said event, and it made sense to me

Last edited by godscuzn; 05-07-2006 at 11:11 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:28 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Undertow

I agree with your interpretation. For me, it could be about anything that nags you and doesn't seem to ever go away. Addiction, a girl, etc.

Announce the fall schedule goddamnit....

Last edited by MemphisM; 05-22-2006 at 11:09 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: