opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #7681
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, isn't this the last album they're under contract for?
10-30-01 @ Cricket Pavillion | 11-19-02 @ America West Arena | 6-6-06 @ Gammage Auditorium | 9-1-06 @ Theatre Under the Stars | 9-9-06 @ Cricket Pavillion | 6-6-07 @ Tucson Convention Center | 6-15-07 @ Bonnaroo | 12-13-07 @ The Pearl | 12-14-07 @ The Pearl | 7-18-09 @ Mile High Festival | 7-19-09 @ Energy Solutions Arena | 7-21-09 @ US Airways Center | 7-18-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 7-19-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 1-17-12 @ Tucson Convention Center
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #7682
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusense View Post
The pessimism never ceases to amaze me. Why does it have to be their last album? People have been saying that for years.
I don't know if it's pessimism, really...I mean when you think about it, do you really want Tool to just keep chugging along forever? Look at some of the greatest prog rock bands of all time....Rush, King Crimson, Pink Floyd. They all started out making some of the greatest music ever....and then wound down into completely forgettable bullshit (seriously, when was the last time you listened to Test for Echo, Vroooom, or A Momentary Lapse of Reason?).

I don't expect Tool to go down that road; I think they're self-aware of their music, and they'll realize when it's time to call it quits.

Despite the naysayers pointing to Nard's "degraded" voice, I still think he's got it. But it doesn't seem like Tool is the right venue for him---remember, he's not a metalhead; he adores Joni Mitchell. Artists should do what drives them....and if, for A/D/J/M, that's Tool, then great. If not, that's fine too.

Pessimism? Nah, just realism. I don't think the guys will stop being creative for decades to come, but I can't really see that creativity being channeled through Tool for that long...

on a side note, I'm SUPER EXCITED about the next Tool album. I treat every album like it's their last, and I savor the shit out of them. Tool albums are like milestones for life...every five years you get another treat...

Last edited by hushypushy; 05-12-2011 at 10:32 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #7683
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yeah. I just feel like some people lean into almost hoping it's their last. Like that will vindicate something.

I mean, we're on a TOOL messageboard. Question authority, don't be a sheep, etc. etc. Great. But sometimes the "Maynard doesn't care, this is it, they're not in it anymore" chorus just astounds me.

Yeah, I don't want them half-assing it. But if their hearts are in it and they're enjoying themselves, fuck yeah I want them making music until they're dead. And for all I can tell, they still are in it for the right reasons and given the way some of the music has leaned (synth-driven stuff at the live shows and further heading into the progressive realm), they still have plenty of room to grow and play.

And yeah, I don't really think 10,000 Days is as strong as Lateralus AS AN ALBUM. But on the other hand, as individual songs, a lot of 10,000 Days is as strong as they've ever been. Vicarious aside (nothing against it, it's a great track), I'm STILL blown away by every song on that album. Jambi is an excellent example of Maynard "working with what he's got left" as far as his vocal chords and stylistic exploration go, and I love that angle myself. I've got 2 1/2 albums chock full of screaming. I can listen to those when I want.

I just never will understand the attitude of "let's face it, they're done" from people who (you'd assume by their presence here) love the band and their work so much. I think they keep hitting high-points (again, of varying degrees) both live and in the studio, and I want to see them continue to grow and explore.

If nothing else, I want to see them tackle the "one song album" idea Danny mentioned recently (ala Dark Side of the Moon, etc.).
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #7684
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
I'm SUPER EXCITED about the next Tool album. I treat every album like it's their last, and I savor the shit out of them. Tool albums are like milestones for life...every five years you get another treat...

TOOL albums are what make life worth living...each record becomes a snapshot of our life in that time of release, then life continues into the bleak mindless array of desolation from which the desire for the next TOOL album arises...soon our suffering will be vanquished and for a moment we will drink the sweet water
Old 05-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #7685
Level 7 - Loquacious

I think a large part of the appeal with Tool, especially for the diehards, is that no matter what any of us may say or think, we really don't have any idea what they're going to do next.

Are they going to switch up the setlist? No, they never switch up the setlist. OMG, THEY SWITCHED UP THE SETLIST. Are they going to tour this summer? No, they won't tour without a new album. OMG, THEY'RE TOURING. Are they going to tour THIS summer? No, they toured last summer. TOURING AGAIN.

Let's face it, all of us know more about this band than I'm sure we'd like to admit. We literally speculate year round for years on end about what's coming next, and truthfully, none of us have a clue. I think that's pretty awesome, and keeps them much more relevant. After all, speculating is half the fun.

So back to speculating, theoretically, let's say this next tour is their last. How do they end the tour? Back to back shows at Staples? I mean, they have to end in LA right? I'd like to think they'd do something more along the lines of their mini-warm up tour for 10K and hit a bunch of small venues in most of the major US markets.
10-30-01 @ Cricket Pavillion | 11-19-02 @ America West Arena | 6-6-06 @ Gammage Auditorium | 9-1-06 @ Theatre Under the Stars | 9-9-06 @ Cricket Pavillion | 6-6-07 @ Tucson Convention Center | 6-15-07 @ Bonnaroo | 12-13-07 @ The Pearl | 12-14-07 @ The Pearl | 7-18-09 @ Mile High Festival | 7-19-09 @ Energy Solutions Arena | 7-21-09 @ US Airways Center | 7-18-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 7-19-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 1-17-12 @ Tucson Convention Center
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #7686
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanja View Post
I think a large part of the appeal with Tool, especially for the diehards, is that no matter what any of us may say or think, we really don't have any idea what they're going to do next.

Are they going to switch up the setlist? No, they never switch up the setlist. OMG, THEY SWITCHED UP THE SETLIST. Are they going to tour this summer? No, they won't tour without a new album. OMG, THEY'RE TOURING. Are they going to tour THIS summer? No, they toured last summer. TOURING AGAIN.

Let's face it, all of us know more about this band than I'm sure we'd like to admit. We literally speculate year round for years on end about what's coming next, and truthfully, none of us have a clue. I think that's pretty awesome, and keeps them much more relevant. After all, speculating is half the fun.

So back to speculating, theoretically, let's say this next tour is their last. How do they end the tour? Back to back shows at Staples? I mean, they have to end in LA right? I'd like to think they'd do something more along the lines of their mini-warm up tour for 10K and hit a bunch of small venues in most of the major US markets.

I'm hoping this album has ZERO commercial appeal; 8-10 + minute songs & long-ass instrumental passages.

This way, they WILL tour smaller places because no one will have the attention span.

Nothing pained me more than arriving at a couple local venues for Tool shows and seeing/hearing young girls (in their 20's) singing along to The Pot - each time, by the looks of it, I could have bet my left nut that that was the only song they knew and I was undeniably right. I cannot stand the amount of morons that flock to Tool shows; it's quite unnerving. For example, people talking, INCESSANTLY, during songs, especially Wings etc.

I hope there is zero "single material" on this album. Just Justin and Danny thrashing out with Adam tagging along and Maynard providing the occasional deep insight.

That and I hope that the economy keeps those of us without thumbs from going to see Tool.

One can wish.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #7687
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200L View Post
I'm hoping this album has ZERO commercial appeal; 8-10 + minute songs & long-ass instrumental passages.

This way, they WILL tour smaller places because no one will have the attention span.

Nothing pained me more than arriving at a couple local venues for Tool shows and seeing/hearing young girls (in their 20's) singing along to The Pot - each time, by the looks of it, I could have bet my left nut that that was the only song they knew and I was undeniably right. I cannot stand the amount of morons that flock to Tool shows; it's quite unnerving. For example, people talking, INCESSANTLY, during songs, especially Wings etc.

I hope there is zero "single material" on this album. Just Justin and Danny thrashing out with Adam tagging along and Maynard providing the occasional deep insight.

That and I hope that the economy keeps those of us without thumbs from going to see Tool.

One can wish.

Tool would still sell out huge venues... the success wormhole has already been entered and there's no going back.

Though, I guess we can still hope for some smaller venues via a minitour or two...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #7688
Banned.

Bincount™: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200L View Post

One can wish.
you sound like an idiot. 10 000 days was crap because they failed to keep their long songs interesting. their "single material" has always been good; length does not a great song make.

i'd much prefer another stinkfist than some 10+ minute pretentious boring crap.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #7689
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosis View Post
you sound like an idiot. 10 000 days was crap because they failed to keep their long songs interesting. their "single material" has always been good; length does not a great song make.

i'd much prefer another stinkfist than some 10+ minute pretentious boring crap.
Right in Two. Rosetta Stoned. 10 000 Days.

None of these songs are pretentious, boring, or uninteresting.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #7690
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
Right in Two. Rosetta Stoned. 10 000 Days.

None of these songs are pretentious, boring, or uninteresting.
let's see

right in two? uninteresting (uninspired, really)

rosetta stoned? pretentious shit sandwich

10000 days? boring

so yes, they are ;)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #7691
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

whoooooooose theee iiddiooottt nnnnnaaaaooowwwwaa!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #7692
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
whoooooooose theee iiddiooottt nnnnnaaaaooowwwwaa!
Exactly my thoughts.

Mosis sounds like a fucking idiot.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #7693
Level 7 - Loquacious

how can you possibly thing right in two is uninteresting and uninspired?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #7694
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
let's see

right in two? uninteresting (uninspired, really)

rosetta stoned? pretentious shit sandwich

10000 days? boring

so yes, they are ;)
Go back to your Nickelback forum, douchebag.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #7695
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
how can you possibly thing right in two is uninteresting and uninspired?
cuz it sounds like salival pushit and 46&2, with cheesy fucking lyrics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh
Go back to your Nickelback forum, douchebag.
sorry you can't accept that tool recorded subpar music.

Last edited by Mosis; 05-15-2011 at 10:55 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #7696
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
cuz it sounds like salival pushit and 46&2, with cheesy fucking lyrics?

sorry you can't accept that tool recorded subpar music.

& yet you're wasting your most "valuable" time on a Tool forum dedicated to it's music, of which 10,000 Days is their latest effort.

It is one thing to say you don't like it - as music is entirely a subjective experience - but it's another thing altogether to act like a douche bag with an absolute opinion.

Your critiques have the maturity level of a middle-schooler; for what it's worth.

Congratulations, you're an internet bad-ass.

Last edited by 200L; 05-15-2011 at 05:57 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #7697
Banned.

of course music is entirely subjective. do i need to put "imo" before everything i write? what else would it be but my opinion?

you're calling me immature, when you're insulting concert goers for singing along to a song. who cares if that's the only song they know? they're morons for not being the hardcore tool fan that you are? tool need to write long songs to weed out the idiots with short attention spans?

please, get over yourself.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #7698
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
of course music is entirely subjective. do i need to put "imo" before everything i write? what else would it be but my opinion
yeah YOU do llol
Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #7699
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
of course music is entirely subjective. do i need to put "imo" before everything i write? what else would it be but my opinion?

you're calling me immature, when you're insulting concert goers for singing along to a song. who cares if that's the only song they know? they're morons for not being the hardcore tool fan that you are? tool need to write long songs to weed out the idiots with short attention spans?

please, get over yourself.
I suppose I land somewhere in the middle. Ive been into the band since the club days and while it was sad for me personally to see them go to "theaters" then to arenas, then on to headlining mega festivals, I never resented the fact, since it was clear that's what the band wanted.

and I don't hate on the casual fans. Hell I'm a casual fan of plenty of bands and I go see them all the time. I'm sure there are hardcore fans that resent me being there, but one can't be completely obsessed with every band they go out and see.

RIP RJD One year today. We miss you.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #7700
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Is anyone on this thread gonna be at APC Boston or Red Rocks and would wanna meet up for a beer before/after? If so lemme know!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #7701
Level 7 - Loquacious

Mosis: bringing 200L and the rest of thread together, one post at a time.

How about APC in Phoenix, any of you hooligans going to be there?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #7702
Level 10 - Vehement

APC Berkley! Pre-party at my house in Oakland.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #7703
Level 7 - Loquacious

Goddamnit. I wish this was a tool tour and not an apc tour. what a copout...

i guess i did see apc in 2004 and that was pretty sweet... but only because I had yet to see tool at that point in my life.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #7704
Level 9 - Obstreperous

after so many tool/puscifer/isis concerts, it'll be great to finally catch my first APC show this summer. should be an interesting experience
Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #7705
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
after so many tool/puscifer/isis concerts, it'll be great to finally catch my first APC show this summer. should be an interesting experience
I'm not a huge fan of the live APC experience. Its definitely worth going, but it doesn't seem to translate very well.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #7706
Level 7 - Loquacious

To me APC has always been a watered down poppy version of Tool.

If it wasnt for maynards success in Tool and fans wanting to hear more of the same, they wouldnt exist... IMHO.

I am one of those fans who want to hear a watered down version of tool.... bcause a watered down version is better than no version.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #7707
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericana View Post
To me APC has always been a watered down poppy version of Tool.

If it wasnt for maynards success in Tool and fans wanting to hear more of the same, they wouldnt exist... IMHO.

I am one of those fans who want to hear a watered down version of tool.... bcause a watered down version is better than no version.
I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

My opinion is a bit more nuanced... I love the APC albums (13th Step and Mer de Noms) and view them as being amazing pieces of music in their own right, but the live experience is just much less interesting.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #7708
Level 10 - Vehement

Re: General Tool tour questions / dischttp://toolnavy.com/newreply.php?do=newreussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

My opinion is a bit more nuanced... I love the APC albums (13th Step and Mer de Noms) and view them as being amazing pieces of music in their own right, but the live experience is just much less interesting.

Agree about the records, disagree about the live show. (for the most part.)

Josh Freese is an excellent drummer and it is a treat to watch him play. The craftsmanship is there, these guys care very much about what they are doing and it shows.

I think a lot of folks get hung up on comparisons, I view them as completely different entities, and I have several friends that prefer APC to Tool both live and on record. They feel Tool is over- the-top bombastic, and has become too much about "the show" and less about the music, while APC is pretty straight forward rock and roll.

Corex says:

OFFLINE |  
Old 05-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #7709
Level 7 - Loquacious

I know quite a few people who got into Tool through APC.

I'd much rather see Tool, but seeing Maynard behind any mic is always a treat. I've done my fair share of bashing him (especially the '09 tour), but the bottom line is he just set the bar unbelievably high for himself, to the point where it was unfair. When he's on his game and his voice is on point there really isn't any frontman you can compare him to. Too much range, depth and presence. But who can sustain that level forever? Nobody.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #7710
Level 7 - Loquacious

Dylanja.. Saw you went to theatre under the stars in 2006... What did you think of that show? I was front against the bar. Good shit. Opiate was tight and I liked seeing tool in a parking lot lol. Too bad no bootleg ever surfaced of that show. All I have now is memory!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #7711
Level 7 - Loquacious

My favorite part about that show is that I didn't know I was going until the morning of, when I called and convinced my friend that we should make the trek from Phoenix. I ended up buying what, looking back, was probably a fake printout ticket for $20 less than an hour before the show. Thank god it worked.

Easily the weirdest enviornment in which I've watched the band. From the giant billboard behind the stage, which I can't remember what the ad was for, but it seemed ironic at the time. I think it was for an upcoming romantic comedy. To the unavoidably visible Starbucks also behind the stage. To the Tool induced, standstill traffic jam at the nearby intersection where you could hear cars honking and people screaming "TOOOOOL" between songs throughout the entire show. To the commercial airplanes flying in ridiculously low, directly over the stage and crowd to land at the nearby airport. They were so close you could easily see all the landing gear in detail. Could never hear the planes though, because Tool was so loud. To the people staying at the Hard Rock lucky enough to have balcony rooms adjacent to the stage taking in a free Tool show. To Maynards quips to said people throughout the night. Fuck, it was awesome.

I'd have to agree, Opiate directly into Sober came way the fuck out of left field. I remember the strung out, extended outro of Opiate where it was just Justin plucking the bassline, similar to what he now does with Lateralus . Then Danny messed around with it doing some solo stuff (also like Lateralus) and before you knew it, they seamlessly transitioned it into the intro of Sober. Sofa king rad.

I think it's safe to say I enjoyed that show quite a bit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #7712
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Easily the weirdest enviornment in which I've watched the band. From the giant billboard behind the stage, which I can't remember what the ad was for, but it seemed ironic at the time. I think it was for an upcoming romantic comedy. To the unavoidably visible Starbucks also behind the stage. To the Tool induced, standstill traffic jam at the nearby intersection where you could hear cars honking and people screaming "TOOOOOL" between songs throughout the entire show. To the commercial airplanes flying in ridiculously low, directly over the stage and crowd to land at the nearby airport. They were so close you could easily see all the landing gear in detail. Could never hear the planes though, because Tool was so loud. To the people staying at the Hard Rock lucky enough to have balcony rooms adjacent to the stage taking in a free Tool show. To Maynards quips to said people throughout the night. Fuck, it was awesome.

I think it's safe to say I enjoyed that show quite a bit.
I enjoyed reading this post. I wish more people would share these types of stories instead of the usual reviews we normally see.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #7713
Level 8 - Vociferous

anyone at rock on the range tonight?
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-23-2011, 04:53 AM   #7714
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude View Post
anyone at rock on the range tonight?
I was there. Great show, but only an hour long. Several new "versions" of songs with 3 Libras being the most obviously different. It was painful to sit there all day and listen to the other shitty bands, but even though we only got an hour, it was worth it.
5/15/94--Cleveland, OH ; 11/15/96--Columbus, OH; 3/3/97--Dayton, OH; 7/20/97--Columbus, OH; 7/21/98--Columbus, OH; 5/18/01--Detroit, MI; 9/12/01--Dayton, OH(cancelled); 9/14/01--Columbus, OH; 8/31/02--Cincinnati, OH; 10/23/02--Toledo, OH; 9/21/06--Columbus, OH; 9/22/06--Detroit, MI; 9/25/06--Cleveland, OH; 6/15/07--Manchester, TN; 8/7/09--Cincinnati, OH; 1/24/2012--Toledo, OH; 6/5/2017--Pittsburgh, PA
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #7715
Level 10 - Vehement

What the heck happened to Josh Freese?

Just when I go on about how great he live, he drops out of the entire tour??

Corex says:

OFFLINE |  
Old 05-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #7716
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
What the heck happened to Josh Freese?

Just when I go on about how great he live, he drops out of the entire tour??
Who's filling in?

(Please be Timmy Alexander, please be Timmy Alexander...)

P.S. Just got my APC San Diego tickets after a long wait. Second to last row. Less' do this thang.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #7717
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
Who's filling in?

(Please be Timmy Alexander, please be Timmy Alexander...)

P.S. Just got my APC San Diego tickets after a long wait. Second to last row. Less' do this thang.
Jeff Freidl from Ashes Divide
Old 05-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #7718
Level 7 - Loquacious

Did Josh Freezer give his reasoning yet?

That's brutal, his soloing during Crimes was one of my favorite parts of the last tour.

Also, what do you guys think about the setlist? I'm glad the package is there but it's missing a lot of my favs.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #7719
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

I'm almost considering not going because Freese isn't gonna be there. What a bummer.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #7720
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Did Josh Freezer give his reasoning yet?

That's brutal, his soloing during Crimes was one of my favorite parts of the last tour.

Also, what do you guys think about the setlist? I'm glad the package is there but it's missing a lot of my favs.
he's playing with weezer. http://www.joshfreese.com

setlist needs some work. not happy about all the songs from emotive. fuck that album, play some new shit already! except for counting bodies, that song kills live. and i'm hoping that since it was a festival, they played all their hits. solo shows better have some deeper cuts like orestes, sleeping beauty, thinking of you, rose, vanishing, nurse, and gravity.
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23

Last edited by tooldude; 05-24-2011 at 04:05 PM..
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: