opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 07-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #81
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832
Re: Brokers selling tix.,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF
I'm sorry, but no. He's right. The only possible major deviation from the spring/summer shows would be the addition of Wings & 10,000 Days. I also expect (at some point) to see Intension played. They might make Opiate a part of the standard set as well, and perhaps add in a song like Parabola as well, but don't go in thinking we're gonna see songs like Flood, Eulogy, Third Eye, Sweat, The Grudge, etc rotated in. This is unfortunate, but it's pretty much a reality. Unless as of now they are busing rehearsing, which we all pretty much know they are not.
DENIAL.

Yes i expect Wings/10,00 Days. I do expect to see H or Prison Sex. I could care less about Sweatm Flood, or Third Eye getting Played. I bet we get one of Pushit of Eulogy as awell. We will see. Remember there going to be touring for the next 3 years so there is plenty of legs and such for them to rotate.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #82
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701

nah probably until middle 07 not 3 more years ur crazy
Old 07-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #83
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyisevil
nah probably until middle 07 not 3 more years ur crazy

Read the new adam jones article. He states "I wish isis could tour with us for the next 3 years".
Old 07-17-2006, 12:49 PM   #84
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady
Read the new adam jones article. He states "I wish isis could tour with us for the next 3 years".
*sigh*
Old 07-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #85
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

you guys are fucking obnoxious sometimes....fackin 'ell

1. For Lateralus.....Tool toured from May 2001 until December 2002. With a few breaks in between. So I dont know where the hell you get this "3 years" BS from. Just because Adam makes some off-hand remark about 3 years with ISIS doesnt make it certain. I would love Jenna Jamison to blow me for "8 months" straight, doesnt mean it is going to happen for even a day. Danny could say "I would totally want to drum with Led Zeppelin for a year, doesnt mean its going to happen even once.

2. Sonnyboy.....Why would I want to see Tool play material from Aenima? Hmm....because its my favorite album of all time, most Tool fans regard it as their masterpiece and I've never seen most the best songs on it performed live, thats why you fucking moron. "10,000 Days" might be brilliant to you, but its bloody boring and overbloated and uninteresting to a lot of us, sorry, deal with it. Regardless of the nice, respectful attitude a lot of the more polite fans are taking towards the new material. 90% of the people on this forum would rather hear Eulogy or Third Eye live rather than anything of the new record. Go listen to Salival right now, listen to Third Eye live.....and I'm sorry but to compare hearing that absolute ungodly good tune live compared to fuckin Right in Two or Jambi...is laughable. You can ballwash the band's ideals or convince yourself that hearing the 10,000 Days material would be better but.......its just a funny notion to me.

3. Slicknick, I know you are like a 19 year old n00b, but dude....if you actually read those Lateralus tour setlists like many of us did, you know....not much is going to change. Sure there were changes in 2001 - 2002. But when they did occasionally crack out H, Eulogy, Third Eye, Prison Sex, Undertow, Swamp Song, Triad....it was certainly not with any degree of consistency. Face it....we are going to get the same setlist, probably with Wings...probably Opiate, and maybe, if you are lucky one of those older songs you love. More likely to hear something else from Lateralus than stuff from Aenima and Undertow. Maybe.

3. People want to hear the older material because an entire group of Tool fans are constantly discovering the band, I found them in 1999....and I missed the prime of the Aenima stuff being played, just as new fans on the Aenima tour wished they had caught more Undertow stuff, and just like some new fans now hope they can see Disposition/Reflection. Sure....its the shitty hand that is dealt to fans, but most touring rock bands of the size of Tool, who have such a big and very loved catalog like Tool's concede that to blow your audiences brains out you might have to deviate and play a fewolder tunes that will blow the audience away. Tool might now "owe" it to their fans to play Third Eye, but I'm certainly sure they realize that it would make any number of new fans....day, year, etc just to hear that tune, and they probably won't play it anyways. They are dicks like that, they might not owe it to their fans, but I think they owe it to their music. Because albums as brilliant as Lateralus and Aenima shouldnt basically fade into memories (ie...just hearing them on CD) because its the bands perogative to just showcase tunes they can play a video with (ie. the singles) and the new material.

Last edited by sianspheric; 07-17-2006 at 12:54 PM..
Old 07-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #86
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

<b>sianspheric</b>

Guess what, you ain't gonna get your way, and I'm going to get mine. So haha! Neener neener.

God what a retart
Old 07-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #87
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11

God what a retart
Hahahahahaha.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #88
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Deep
You live in Jackson. A trip to Bestbuy is a life changing experience.
Hahahahaha wow.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #89
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2924

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF
Personally, tickets last time cost me $320, and I was blown away by their live performances. I spent another $90 on merchandise, 2 shirts which are great and an awesome 50x50 full color poster. They gave me my money's worth, so what more can I ask for? I felt like I was treated well at the concert, there were even attendants and everything (I know this is the venue's doing, standard operating procedure, but still), and the band put on a stellar performance that I throroughly enjoyed and will always have fond memories of. Their music has brought me so much joy and happines sinto my life and has helped me in so many ways. Tool owes me nothing, I owe them nothing. I've bought their records, their shirts, their tickets, and they've delivered just like how I would expect them to. I'm sorry if this isn't the case for others.
The venues they played on the mini tour are vastly different from arenas.
I think it's great that you feel you got your $600 worth, but I think your opinion would change quickly the moment you had obnoxious security shining lights in your face telling you to sit on the floor before the show even begins. You'd also be pretty pissed if Tool came out and just lounged their way through the set, playing two songs less than everyone else got. Those things have happened at various shows I attended the last time around. Bands have off nights, just like any other kind of work....but Tool have demanded another pay raise this time around, and for me personally, I don't feel like it's going to be justified.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #90
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Deep
The venues they played on the mini tour are vastly different from arenas.
I think it's great that you feel you got your $600 worth, but I think your opinion would change quickly the moment you had obnoxious security shining lights in your face telling you to sit on the floor before the show even begins. You'd also be pretty pissed if Tool came out and just lounged their way through the set, playing two songs less than everyone else got. Those things have happened at various shows I attended the last time around. Bands have off nights, just like any other kind of work....but Tool have demanded another pay raise this time around, and for me personally, I don't feel like it's going to be justified.
Alright, well I am really sorry that happened to you. Hopefully you'll get your money's owrth next time around =)
Old 07-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #91
got poopy? (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 7

On a serious note Iron Maiden will be touring North America starting in October! Woohoo!

:)
Old 07-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #92
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthruput
On a serious note Iron Maiden will be touring North America starting in October! Woohoo!
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubt they will play Florida though bud, they always skip the southeast unfortunately.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #93
got poopy? (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubt they will play Florida though bud, they always skip the southeast unfortunately.

I know man...However, last year I went to Coors in Denver & the year before I went to the 2 shows in LA. I will probably head back to LA this time as its too damn cold in October to do an NYC show!

Up The Fcking Irons!

:)
Old 07-18-2006, 06:58 AM   #94
the inside man

Bincount™: 20548

the real question is when are the east coast dates going to be released? pleazy BMB?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #95
On Probation

Bincount™: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric
you guys are fucking obnoxious sometimes....fackin 'ell

1. For Lateralus.....Tool toured from May 2001 until December 2002. With a few breaks in between. So I dont know where the hell you get this "3 years" BS from. Just because Adam makes some off-hand remark about 3 years with ISIS doesnt make it certain. I would love Jenna Jamison to blow me for "8 months" straight, doesnt mean it is going to happen for even a day. Danny could say "I would totally want to drum with Led Zeppelin for a year, doesnt mean its going to happen even once.

2. Sonnyboy.....Why would I want to see Tool play material from Aenima? Hmm....because its my favorite album of all time, most Tool fans regard it as their masterpiece and I've never seen most the best songs on it performed live, thats why you fucking moron. "10,000 Days" might be brilliant to you, but its bloody boring and overbloated and uninteresting to a lot of us, sorry, deal with it. Regardless of the nice, respectful attitude a lot of the more polite fans are taking towards the new material. 90% of the people on this forum would rather hear Eulogy or Third Eye live rather than anything of the new record. Go listen to Salival right now, listen to Third Eye live.....and I'm sorry but to compare hearing that absolute ungodly good tune live compared to fuckin Right in Two or Jambi...is laughable. You can ballwash the band's ideals or convince yourself that hearing the 10,000 Days material would be better but.......its just a funny notion to me.

3. Slicknick, I know you are like a 19 year old n00b, but dude....if you actually read those Lateralus tour setlists like many of us did, you know....not much is going to change. Sure there were changes in 2001 - 2002. But when they did occasionally crack out H, Eulogy, Third Eye, Prison Sex, Undertow, Swamp Song, Triad....it was certainly not with any degree of consistency. Face it....we are going to get the same setlist, probably with Wings...probably Opiate, and maybe, if you are lucky one of those older songs you love. More likely to hear something else from Lateralus than stuff from Aenima and Undertow. Maybe.

3. People want to hear the older material because an entire group of Tool fans are constantly discovering the band, I found them in 1999....and I missed the prime of the Aenima stuff being played, just as new fans on the Aenima tour wished they had caught more Undertow stuff, and just like some new fans now hope they can see Disposition/Reflection. Sure....its the shitty hand that is dealt to fans, but most touring rock bands of the size of Tool, who have such a big and very loved catalog like Tool's concede that to blow your audiences brains out you might have to deviate and play a fewolder tunes that will blow the audience away. Tool might now "owe" it to their fans to play Third Eye, but I'm certainly sure they realize that it would make any number of new fans....day, year, etc just to hear that tune, and they probably won't play it anyways. They are dicks like that, they might not owe it to their fans, but I think they owe it to their music. Because albums as brilliant as Lateralus and Aenima shouldnt basically fade into memories (ie...just hearing them on CD) because its the bands perogative to just showcase tunes they can play a video with (ie. the singles) and the new material.
Wow,that's quite a set of beliefs you got there.You got it all worked out dont you.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:48 AM   #96
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by YURAKAPTIV
You got it all worked out dont you.
not really. I still cant figure out how to get my girlfriend to try anal.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #97
the inside man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric
not really. I still cant figure out how to get my girlfriend to try anal.
lol...sneak it in...j/k anal's overrated
Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 AM   #98
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms46and2
lol...sneak it in...j/k anal's overrated
pfft...no its not.

one of my last girlfriends was this retardedly horny 29 year old girl (im 7 years younger) and that girl, sorry...woman loved it, and her enthusiasm for it made for the absolute best sex on earth.

anal > overrated.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #99
the inside man

i dunno, i go through phases with it...when i get ass regularly, it gets old (and i mean teh ass)

vagina never gets old
Old 07-21-2006, 04:35 AM   #100
Evtes

Bincount™: 4712
it's 8:34 am

and tickets go on sale in one hour and twenty-six minutes. i feel like having an anxiety attack.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:37 AM   #101
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 29
Re: it's 8:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setve
and tickets go on sale in one hour and twenty-six minutes. i feel like having an anxiety attack.
where are you from?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:39 AM   #102
Level 8 - Vociferous

lol, sry, just noticed the AM part, little pissed atm. im in Australia and its 8:34 PM. Was getting a little worried id missed some kinda notice about a concert, lol. jesus that scared me.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:41 AM   #103
Evtes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
lol, sry, just noticed the AM part, little pissed atm. im in Australia and its 8:34 PM. Was getting a little worried id missed some kinda notice about a concert, lol. jesus that scared me.
Haha
trying to get ticks for the boston (mansfield) show.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:51 AM   #104
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Haha
trying to get ticks for the boston (mansfield) show.
no probs. just almost had a heart attack there thats all, lol. Dont know anywhere else that tool tours besides perth with this time zone so i was panicking. glad to hear its on the other side of the world tho.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:52 AM   #105
Level 8 - Vociferous

might i add, u LUCKY FUKING BASTARD. lol. i cant wait to be in your position soon.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:58 AM   #106
Evtes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
might i add, u LUCKY FUKING BASTARD. lol. i cant wait to be in your position soon.
i don't really like it. lol. after the orpheum incident i am afraid i will turn to sneeze and end up not going. (though i got hooooooked up 2 days before the boston show).
Old 07-21-2006, 04:59 AM   #107
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
i don't really like it. lol. after the orpheum incident i am afraid i will turn to sneeze and end up not going. (though i got hooooooked up 2 days before the boston show).
is it best to do online or wait it out overnight at a ticket stand for tix? and whats the "orpheum incident", lol, could make for a good movie title. hehe.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:04 AM   #108
Evtes

orpheum = small US venue = 2-3 thousand capacaty = LOTS of ppl getting screwed out of tickets. i was at the broker in the morning and didn't get tickets. its better to go to a broker, but the tweeter center holds about 20k ppl so i am not worried about not getting tickets, i just want decent ones.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:52 AM   #109
Evtes

9 minutes ZOMG
Old 07-21-2006, 05:55 AM   #110

Bincount™: 2063

good luck
Old 07-21-2006, 06:13 AM   #111
Evtes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye13
good luck
THANKS i got section 4 row G

i got section 13 on my first try, then section 4, i didn't have the balls to throw it back and i don't regret it. here is the seating plan for the tweeter center.

http://www.tweetercenter.com/boston/
just click the image to the right of the page

Last edited by Setve; 07-21-2006 at 06:36 AM..
Old 07-21-2006, 07:47 AM   #112
Banned.

Bincount™: 4396

lol okkkk
Old 07-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #113
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32
Shitty timing

Tickets for Tool at Staples go on sale tomorrow... I'll probably be out on a job, so I'll miss out on floor tickets, I'm sure, but even if that weren't the case, we'll probably have to wait until next week to have the disposable income to spend on tickets.

Last time I waited to buy tickets, I got stuck on the top level at the Molson Centre in Montréal.

True story.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #114
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929
Re: Shitty timing

You wouldn't have gotten floor tickets anyway. I stood in line for 4+ hours at the venue before they went on sale, was second in line, and still got screwed out of the GA tix.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:44 AM   #115

Bincount™: 1020

you dont have a friend who can get in line for you?

no way to get someone to get tix online for you?

and oce, what GA tix are you talkin about?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #116
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
you dont have a friend who can get in line for you?

no way to get someone to get tix online for you?

and oce, what GA tix are you talkin about?
The floor tickets at the AllState Arena are GA. Theres a seperate entrance for people with the floor tickets, I think. I've only been there one other time, and I had seat tickets that time as well.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #117
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199
You wouldn't have gotten floor tickets anyway. I stood in line for 4+ hours at the venue before they went on sale, was second in line, and still got screwed out of the GA tix.
I've been pretty sucessful at purchasing online - I've been close enough to Metallica to make eye contact, got tickets to Nine Inch Nails' club tour last year that sold out in less than two minutes... maybe this time would be the exception, you could be right. But we'll likely never know... :P

No, nobody to buy for me, I don't think, due to having to wait a week for payday. My wife and I just bought a new car, so that puts a wee dent in our available spending money. I hope there are at least some decent lower0level seats left next week, but I['m not holding my breath.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #118

Bincount™: 1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199
The floor tickets at the AllState Arena are GA. Theres a seperate entrance for people with the floor tickets, I think. I've only been there one other time, and I had seat tickets that time as well.
ooo, gen admission...

i read it as 'georgia'

my bad
Old 07-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #119
On Probation

Oh, hahahaha.

Woops.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #120