opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #761
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 751
Re: 2006/05/17 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre

yeah, i feel the same way. probably since the tickets went on sale so close to the actual date, it wasnt even a month in advance. damn only 20 days until Tool, and only 22 days until LA. weird how i look forward to the flight so much, i fucking love flying, i just need to find out what book to read. as of right now it is in between Riders on the Storm and Fear and Loathing one the '72 Campaign Trail.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #762
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit4Demolition
yeah, i feel the same way. probably since the tickets went on sale so close to the actual date, it wasnt even a month in advance. damn only 20 days until Tool, and only 22 days until LA. weird how i look forward to the flight so much, i fucking love flying, i just need to find out what book to read. as of right now it is in between Riders on the Storm and Fear and Loathing one the '72 Campaign Trail.
I love flying as well. just the takeoff and landing part. it's like a roller coaster that goes 500 mph.

If you're a sci fi fan you should check out Rendevious With Rama by Arthur C. Clarke for the flight. one of my fav's. david fincher has been trying to make it in to a movie for years. but noone will fund it.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #763
Level 12 - Scurrilous

haha yeah, the take off and landings are great, just seeing countless numbers of people closing their eyes and lipping prayers makes me laugh. also the spiral up into the clouds is great. i have yet to experience turbulence, but i think i would enjoy it. haha. i cant wait to fly over the rockies, ive never really seen mountains.

i'll check into that book.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 01:47 PM   #764
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

hey still in search of one ticket to the show. any help would be greatly appreciated.

-steve
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #765

so I was reading some post about concerts and things, and the issue of wearing a band's shirt to the show came up. I knw PCU tells us not to "be that guy." but for TOOL I'm that guy.
at concerts when I see a person wearing a band's shirt I think to myself he's a dork or he must really like this band alot. but i am a tool dork. I own more tool shirts than not Tool shirts. so if I wear them most of the time why can't I wear them to the concert. just wondering yours guys thouhgt on the subject.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #766
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
so I was reading some post about concerts and things, and the issue of wearing a band's shirt to the show came up. I knw PCU tells us not to "be that guy." but for TOOL I'm that guy.
at concerts when I see a person wearing a band's shirt I think to myself he's a dork or he must really like this band alot. but i am a tool dork. I own more tool shirts than not Tool shirts. so if I wear them most of the time why can't I wear them to the concert. just wondering yours guys thouhgt on the subject.
i suppose it's an issue of who's a walking advertisement. so if you're going to follow suit to that line of thinking, it's obvious that you're a tool fan by being at the show, and one might thing that you're trying to put on a facade that you're a bigger tool fan than the person without a tool shirt on. so why not advertise something different to get peoples' heads in another direction? of course you might not look at it like that, but that's what others think. in your head it's "this is normal" and in others' heads it's "who does this guy think he is?" pretty much goes for anything, like crack smoking and ass raping.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #767

I see the whole advertising thing, but I dont see tool shirts as ad's I see then as artwork. that's the difference in my head.

I may just wear body paint and boxer shorts.

damn, i just realised im coming stright from work body paint might not work
Old 04-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #768
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
body paint might not work
the inner workings of a brilliant mind.

(: jk buddy
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #769
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Digi
hah, yea not really the reaction I expected. maybe he's just a confused 19 yr old kid who didn't get Philly tix, is frustrated, and really wants to hold Meloni's special victim unit. Anyways, we all appreciate your insight to Meloni's sexuality, "Joey Cocaine."
hahaahahahaaha. special victim unit
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #770
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

I have a Tool hat, I was having the same personal questions about wearing it to the show...
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 09:59 PM   #771
Level 4 - Thinker

i have a tool and brought it to the airport, but they confiscated it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #772
Level 2 - Poster

I could still use tickets for this show too, wishful thinking I know.

In the meantime, I filed a complaint with the US attorney general's office, implicating that sick monopoly known as ticketmaster for "allegedly scalping" a vast majority of the available tickets to several professional "scalping" firms, blatantly disregarding state laws, committing computer crimes and a few other odds and ends.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-27-2006, 11:50 PM   #773
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~piscean]-[delusions
I could still use tickets for this show too, wishful thinking I know.

In the meantime, I filed a complaint with the US attorney general's office, implicating that sick monopoly known as ticketmaster for "allegedly scalping" a vast majority of the available tickets to several professional "scalping" firms, blatantly disregarding state laws, committing computer crimes and a few other odds and ends.
it couldn't hurt if others did the same. perhaps you could list the steps you took to do such a thing? of course i wouldn't use exactly what you said, but if i sited the same issues, i'm sure it would have that much more effect.

plus others should do the same! this is the first instance i've heard of someone actually taking action instead of just talking about it.

cheers to you!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 12:06 AM   #774
Level 2 - Poster

i dont think anyones posted this one, but i found this on ebay just checking out how prices were. and this guy seems to be sticking to the within pennsylvania ticket law. so if youre a resident of philly you can score a ticket here under a hundred bucks in orchestra i believe. :D
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 AM   #775
Level 2 - Poster

basically, here's what I did, starting with my original message to the Attorney General. Feel free to create your own version or modify mine, I don't give a shit how you do it but like Fartbender says, others should do the same. It can't hurt.

so here's what I said...

Hello,

Recently, I was waiting for tickets to go on sale for the band "tool" at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia. Of course, the unfair monopoly of Ticketmaster was responsible for distributing them. Tickets were set to go on sale 4/22/06 at 10:00 AM EST. Ticketmaster was to limit us to only being able to purchase 2 tickets at a time. Several of my friends and I tried to place orders precisely at 10:00 AM and continuing to do so for quite awhile, only being told that our orders could not be processed.

Nobody I know was able to get any tickets whatsoever. Upon researching a Tool related fan site, I found that across the nation, many fans faced the same dilema. Very few were able to get tickets because apparently Ticketmaster had worked out deals with private companies, where by Ticketmaster "scalped" their own tickets, an estimated half of what was available, for at least double the price.

Now this is unconfirmed, however there is strong speculation everywhere as well as the evidence that some companies on ebay and with online sites have dozens of tickets available, I've seen prices as high as 1095.00 and the original face value was $66.00 or so.

I read several state laws that says tickets can't be sold, for example in PA, for more than $5 or 25% of the face value. First 15 is a company that has several of these tickets available on both their website and ebay.

Is this legal or not? I am quite frustrated, as are many, that the only company we can get tickets from, a monopoly, is scalping them to other scalpers before the consumer even has a fair chance. What does this mean for future concerts and events myself and my family would like to attend?

I don't think it is right, so I wanted to bring this to your attention because I believe this is a very serious matter. I also believe that it is criminal activity, and it's being perpetrated on computers as well, which also probably carries heavy penalties.

I would at least like some sort of explanation or peace of mind that this is something that can be brought to an end.

Thank you very much for your prompt attention and concerns,

Stephen Conklin, Jr.
Harrisburg, PA

I went to the USDOJ website because this deals with several different states, so I figured it was Federal Jurisdiction.
I just used the [email protected] email address which is the one you can send to for questions or contacting the attorney general, according to the USDOJ site. Apparantly it serves as a gateway for your complaint/question/etc. and they route it to the appropriate destination (also according to their website.)

First15.com is the website address of the one scalping company. It was pretty easy to figure out when I looked at the sellers who had more than one batch of tickets for the event.

I'd love to see the day Ticketmaster crashes and burns. I know I am not alone when I curse at them everytime I have to order a ticket through them. This bullshit that just happened when I want to see Tool in my backyard at one of my favorite venues was the last fucking straw for me. For whatever it's worth, that's why I took the time to try and do something about it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 03:43 AM   #776
Level 3 - Talker

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kid, get a grip on yourself

the people sellign tickets on ebay have to adhere to the scalping laws from the state where their account is based not where the event is

a lot of people got tix

just because you didn't doesn't mean there's a conspiracy

what? you want ticketmaster to "crash and burn"?

then what? people have to physically be at the venue to get tix?

supply and demand kid. read about it.

you just lost out.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 03:51 AM   #777
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

In a ticket mixup I saw that the dude who ordered the ticket that I received was from Oklahoma. Maybe I should make it MY part time job to sit on Saturday morning and score tickets to hot shows all over the country. Bullshit!!!! A better system must be worked out.

I would never do that but you have to consider that - a $140 profit for each ticket is $280. Not bad for 3 minutes of work eh?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 04:03 AM   #778

Quote:
Originally Posted by badshirt
In a ticket mixup I saw that the dude who ordered the ticket that I received was from Oklahoma. Maybe I should make it MY part time job to sit on Saturday morning and score tickets to hot shows all over the country. Bullshit!!!! A better system must be worked out.

I would never do that but you have to consider that - a $140 profit for each ticket is $280. Not bad for 3 minutes of work eh?
I would make sure your tix are accounted for, and then make sure his don't get back to him. Then he'll have to just show up at the venue like you to get in, which he won't, and he can go fuck himself.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 05:00 AM   #779
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I would make sure your tix are accounted for, and then make sure his don't get back to him. Then he'll have to just show up at the venue like you to get in, which he won't, and he can go fuck himself.
My tix are supposed to be at the box office. I'm a bit nervous but it shouldn't be a big deal.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 05:20 AM   #780

Quote:
My tix are supposed to be at the box office. I'm a bit nervous but it shouldn't be a big deal.
nah it won't be a problem as far as getting your own tix at will call,. As I noted earlier, TM is a shitty operation but their customer service is pretty good aside from 10 AM on Saturday mornings. If you were sure this douche was from Oklahoma and wasn't traveling to Philly for the show, only wanted to scalp, you could make life tough for him. Granted there are fans who will travel, including myself, but if this was just some eBay scammer you could fuck both him and whoever ponied up major bucks to a scalper. A valuable lesson for both. I guess there's no way to know, aside from using his name and tracking him down, what the true deal is about those tix.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 06:05 AM   #781
not my cup of tea

Bincount™: 4643

Hey guys, I'm still figuring out how to get from NYC to upper darby...does anyone know if theres a better stop to get off the train besides the one for 30th street...theres a stop that says darby but i guess that could be completely different from upper darby...and is it true that the last train leaves at 11:30...do you think I'll have to miss alot of the show to make the train? eeeek

Jesus was a Jew.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 06:11 AM   #782
Level 12 - Scurrilous

i got an e-mail saying my tickets have been printed out and mailed, does that mean i should get them in two business days?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 06:42 AM   #783
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I doubt two business days, the USPS just takes longer then that. I got the same email though, and I let out a little sigh of relief. I won't really be at ease until I have the tickets in my hands.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 06:56 AM   #784
not my cup of tea

Bincount™: 4643

I can't even figure out how to get to the show and back!

Jesus was a Jew.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #785
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
The prices will go down guys. I promise. We're still a far ways off from the show and they know that everybody is in a panic. Give it time to cool off.
I really hope so.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:57 AM   #786
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Does anyone have 1 ticket they're willing to part with? I'm at my wits end and I'll pay up to $300 for a single ticket, depending on the seat.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #787
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminalis1
Does anyone have 1 ticket they're willing to part with? I'm at my wits end and I'll pay up to $300 for a single ticket, depending on the seat.
I think you can get a Philly seat at stubhub for cheaper than that.

I wouldn't pay that much though.

If you can get any seat for cheaper keep in mind that these venues are relatively small. I doubt you can get a bad seat. Tool is also one of those bands that are just as powerful (or more IMO) from a distance.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #788
Level 7 - Loquacious

The most important thing to do is not panic. This is what these sellers count on. You have plenty of time before the show. You have over 2 weeks at this point.

And if the tickets are more than double the price then F the people selling them. Don't buy - make them eat the tickets.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #789
Level 12 - Scurrilous

they get you with service charges and shipping. last time i looked at buying a broker ticket it was 225 for a loge ticket, but would have ended up costing over 270 because of the 35 dollar service charge and 12.50 for shipping. so that is something to consider when you see a ticket for 120, if they do go that low.

reminder:
im gonna check the prices on monday to see if they dropped at all. im still up for a trade, hopefully i can find a decently priced loge ticket, if not its likely that i will get a lower balcony ticket, which is not that much of a difference i suppose. pm me if you are interested in a trade. its possible that i might find an orchestra ticket for lower, i think that would be a more appealing trade.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #790
Level 4 - Thinker

Directions via train from the downtown Philly...

You need the market-frankford line (West) to the END of the line at 69th street terminal. You can walk from the terminal to the concert. Its only a block or two away from the Tower. Not sure about tailgaiting situation. I know there are some bars in the area and also one at the Tower. I live in UD so I can party at my house for awhile. Check out the links...

SEPTA map:

http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map.html

Google map:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=Tower+Theater&near=19026&ll=39.97 9225,-75.281925&spn=0.058535,0.1157&om=1

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.

U Left Balc
Row QQ
Seat 40
(did I get the last ticket available?)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #791
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbarker02
U Left Balc
Row QQ
Seat 40
(did I get the last ticket available?)
if not then pretty damn close to it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #792

hey badshirt. my friend used to work for the eagles ticket office. he says about your ticketmaster situation. make sure you have your ticketmaster confirmation # and your ID. they will be able to reprint your ticket no matter what. the numer should have 7 numbers and a dash in it or at least that's what the eagles looked like. and make sure the ticket was ordered in your name. that confirmation number is the most important thing it will get you your ticket!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #793
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
hey badshirt. my friend used to work for the eagles ticket office. he says about your ticketmaster situation. make sure you have your ticketmaster confirmation # and your ID. they will be able to reprint your ticket no matter what. the numer should have 7 numbers and a dash in it or at least that's what the eagles looked like. and make sure the ticket was ordered in your name. that confirmation number is the most important thing it will get you your ticket!!!!!!!!
Cool, dude. I have all of the info and the number. My girl has the tix in her name but she'll be w/ me w/ ID, credit card, order number etc... I have the details all printed from TM Customer Support.

Thanks for the info. dude. It makes me feel alot better about the situation. Thats quite a relief.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #794

I second that "special victims unit" HAHAHAHA I couldn't stop laughing at work. looked very unprofessional thanks
Old 04-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #795
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Thanks for all your help, but I got too excited and spent nearly $400 for a single seat in row O orch. Who cares, I just need to be at this show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #796
Level 4 - Thinker

looking for one still. any extras out there?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #797
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminalis1
Thanks for all your help, but I got too excited and spent nearly $400 for a single seat in row O orch. Who cares, I just need to be at this show.

I did the same. Even though I got 1 ticket through ticketmaster, I need to see this show with my friend who introduced me to TOOL, so I spent 600 on 2 tix in row NN. My 1 ticketmaster ticket is going to my brother. One amazing thing about ticketmaster vs. stubhub.... my stubhub ticket was delivered first. How is this possible?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbarker02
I did the same. Even though I got 1 ticket through ticketmaster, I need to see this show with my friend who introduced me to TOOL, so I spent 600 on 2 tix in row NN. My 1 ticketmaster ticket is going to my brother. One amazing thing about ticketmaster vs. stubhub.... my stubhub ticket was delivered first. How is this possible?
easy, it's fake.

KIDDING. I hope.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-29-2006, 01:05 PM   #799
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
easy, it's fake.

KIDDING. I hope.

I'd go postal.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #800
Level 2 - Poster

ok, someone mentioned earlier about needing a place to stay or any recommendations... although it's not right by the tower, we've had a lot of great times at the embassy suites which is on University street, before you get to the Old City Hall. The suites are laid out really nice, plenty of room, we've had 25 or more people in them with no problems ever, just be sure to put a towel down in front of the door to keep your smoke from rolling out. I think the rate is like 89 bucks too which is awesome considering you get a kitchen, bath, nice entryway, nice bedroom, balcony, living area with couches and some killer blankets. Also, they have the best free breakfast of any place I've ever stayed in, it comes with the suite, we're talking tons of fresh fruit and made to order omlettes.

We never messed around with trying to drive to the venues much when we stay there, never spent more than $20 for all of us to catch a cab, but I know when you leave the show, it seems the cabbies charge about 75% more to take you home. Just something to consider.

Also, for anyone driving right to the theatre (good luck, the roads are a little tricky as the numbered streets change to named streets at one point) - there is a parking garage directly behind the theatre on the road with the huge hill leading down to the theatre on the corner... If you're coming down that hill and the theatre would be on the right, the parking garage is before the theatre building, through a little alleyway you might not think you can enter, but go for it because it's free to park there, we've never had any problems, and if there is any kind of tailgating going on, it may be back in there.

The theatre itself is very beautiful inside, the service is pretty excellent, the upstairs bar is worth the walk because there is usually less of a wait there and in the bathroom, plus you can check out the view from the balcony.

The acoustics of the place are unbelieveable, so the sound should be primo, and I can't imagine how the visuals could be with the ceiling in the place. I'd say none of you going will be anymore than about 50 yards away from the stage, if that.

I wasn't able to get any tickets, nobody I know personally was, and 5 of us hit reload and tried to order from 9:59 am - 10:45, called outlets and everything else and got the "cannot be processed/etc. errors" and finally decided that "sold out" meant sold out after another 20 minutes of denial.

For all of you who got tickets, congratulations, have a blast, the theatre is a great place for a show, security isn't too bad, I forgot something was in my pocket one time and they were really cool since I was honest about it, they just had me toss it in the trash and let me in the show. Be careful though.

And of course, if anyone has an extra ticket they'd like to part with, I would really appreciate it greatly. Surely I'll try to make it worthwhile in a heady way if someone helped.

If anyone has any other questions related to the info I have about the venue or suites and my experiences there, whatever, I'll be glad to try and help but you may need to PM me since I might miss a post.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: