Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
CCP
06-05-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD View Post
It was multiple things that obviously went way over your head...

Thanks for the back up McRoggles and lol@ the "real joke"...
I admit it did go over my head, I honestly thought it was a joke
Old 06-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #801
CCP
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: New Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD View Post
It was multiple things that obviously went way over your head...

Thanks for the back up McRoggles and lol@ the "real joke"...
I admit it did go over my head, I honestly thought it was a joke
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Omega4
06-06-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozeley View Post
Puscifer, as far as I'm aware, is done with. He's released an Album, that's pretty much it.
Maynards wine isn't really a distraction is it?
Wouldn't it be nice if they finished their tour, took a 6 month break, and then went back into the Studio!!!
Puscifer done with... you're smoking crack! I would almost..... almost say Puscifer is better that APC, but I would be lying. Puscifer will live as long as Tool and APC lives, and I actually wouldn't be suprised if Puscifer made music long after Tool and APC are done with.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #802
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozeley View Post
Puscifer, as far as I'm aware, is done with. He's released an Album, that's pretty much it.
Maynards wine isn't really a distraction is it?
Wouldn't it be nice if they finished their tour, took a 6 month break, and then went back into the Studio!!!
Puscifer done with... you're smoking crack! I would almost..... almost say Puscifer is better that APC, but I would be lying. Puscifer will live as long as Tool and APC lives, and I actually wouldn't be suprised if Puscifer made music long after Tool and APC are done with.
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
06-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Well... APC is already "done". Maynard has made it pretty clear at least at THIS point, there is no ambition to make a new APC album. All he has ever said was maybe a few singles for radio/soundtracks and digital downloads. But for all intents and purposes, APC is over. I really want to believe that isnt the WHOLE truth though... i'd like just one more APC album, but I could wait for it. If it 10 years from now, I'll wait.

But yeah, I'd be shocked if Puscifer ended for any other reason than Maynard is 87 years old and he's just had it with making music.

Edit: Also, why get all huffy about a post made more than 2 years ago?

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 06-06-2010 at 05:15 PM..
Old 06-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #803
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Well... APC is already "done". Maynard has made it pretty clear at least at THIS point, there is no ambition to make a new APC album. All he has ever said was maybe a few singles for radio/soundtracks and digital downloads. But for all intents and purposes, APC is over. I really want to believe that isnt the WHOLE truth though... i'd like just one more APC album, but I could wait for it. If it 10 years from now, I'll wait.

But yeah, I'd be shocked if Puscifer ended for any other reason than Maynard is 87 years old and he's just had it with making music.

Edit: Also, why get all huffy about a post made more than 2 years ago?

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 06-06-2010 at 05:15 PM..
Grimface
06-11-2010, 07:53 AM

It's coming!!!! New Tool AND new APC!!!!!

Tool Weigh Unleashing New Tracks on Summer Tour
Maynard James Keenan also prepping next A Perfect Circle album

By Patrick Doyle
Jun 10, 2010 9:44 AM EDT

"Maybe I'll just come out in my birthday suit," says Tool's James Maynard James Keenan, attempting to figure out how to shock fans during the band's upcoming summer tour. "A 46-year-old naked dude running around onstage. Lets see how that goes over."

Keenan is gearing up for the prog-metal band's 16-city summer jaunt, which kicks off June 19th in New Orleans. The tour includes two stops at Colorado's Red Rocks, a southern run and dates in Canadian cities the band hasn't played in years. "The Canadian audiences get it," says Keenan. "You don't have to repeat yourself in Canada. I say it once and they get it — unlike Boise, where you gotta say it a couple times."

Get the lowdown on nearly 50 more of the summer's hottest tours.

If the summer shows are anything like Tool's epic performance at last year's All Points West, expect a multimedia spectacle. Last time out, Keenan and his mohawk emerged shirtless from a riser behind the rest of the band and massive screens projected darkly arresting images — fire, bulging eyes and cryptic skulls during hits like 1993's "Sober" and 2001's "Lateralus" "There might be all new visuals," he says, adding, "I've been practicing my power slides watching Bruce Springsteen."

While the band isn't touring behind any new material — its last album was 2006's 10,000 Days — the frontman says Tool are quietly working on a new disc that'll be released "when it's ready." But they're considering testing out some new material live. "We're always writing," Keenan says. "If it comes together, yeah, you'll hear some new stuff. If it's not ready, you won't."

Keenan knows the five-year gaps between Tool albums frustrate fans, but says there's an explanation for the timing. "We don't wait," he says. "That's the misconception. Most bands get into a contract and are forced to put out a third record before they're ready. And generally speaking, that third record always ends up being about the road, a lawsuit or the press because they don't have anything to talk about. They haven't lived their lives."

The frontman also revealed he is working on a fourth LP for massively successful side project A Perfect Circle, their first disc since 2004's Emotive. "We've got some riffs and some music. It's just basically playing it over and over again while driving and waiting for things to fall into place."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/112763
Old 06-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #804

Bincount™: 7

Tool Weigh Unleashing New Tracks on Summer Tour
Maynard James Keenan also prepping next A Perfect Circle album

By Patrick Doyle
Jun 10, 2010 9:44 AM EDT

"Maybe I'll just come out in my birthday suit," says Tool's James Maynard James Keenan, attempting to figure out how to shock fans during the band's upcoming summer tour. "A 46-year-old naked dude running around onstage. Lets see how that goes over."

Keenan is gearing up for the prog-metal band's 16-city summer jaunt, which kicks off June 19th in New Orleans. The tour includes two stops at Colorado's Red Rocks, a southern run and dates in Canadian cities the band hasn't played in years. "The Canadian audiences get it," says Keenan. "You don't have to repeat yourself in Canada. I say it once and they get it — unlike Boise, where you gotta say it a couple times."

Get the lowdown on nearly 50 more of the summer's hottest tours.

If the summer shows are anything like Tool's epic performance at last year's All Points West, expect a multimedia spectacle. Last time out, Keenan and his mohawk emerged shirtless from a riser behind the rest of the band and massive screens projected darkly arresting images — fire, bulging eyes and cryptic skulls during hits like 1993's "Sober" and 2001's "Lateralus" "There might be all new visuals," he says, adding, "I've been practicing my power slides watching Bruce Springsteen."

While the band isn't touring behind any new material — its last album was 2006's 10,000 Days — the frontman says Tool are quietly working on a new disc that'll be released "when it's ready." But they're considering testing out some new material live. "We're always writing," Keenan says. "If it comes together, yeah, you'll hear some new stuff. If it's not ready, you won't."

Keenan knows the five-year gaps between Tool albums frustrate fans, but says there's an explanation for the timing. "We don't wait," he says. "That's the misconception. Most bands get into a contract and are forced to put out a third record before they're ready. And generally speaking, that third record always ends up being about the road, a lawsuit or the press because they don't have anything to talk about. They haven't lived their lives."

The frontman also revealed he is working on a fourth LP for massively successful side project A Perfect Circle, their first disc since 2004's Emotive. "We've got some riffs and some music. It's just basically playing it over and over again while driving and waiting for things to fall into place."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/112763
06-11-2010, 08:45 AM

I saw that on fourtheye and I felt like a 5 year old boy on christmas morning... and of course the timing is impeccable...

me: "Nah dude, APC is so totally done. Sucks donut?"
next post: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT NEW TOOL AND APC ALBUMZ!"

... yup, perfect.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #805
Level 10 - Vehement

I saw that on fourtheye and I felt like a 5 year old boy on christmas morning... and of course the timing is impeccable...

me: "Nah dude, APC is so totally done. Sucks donut?"
next post: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT NEW TOOL AND APC ALBUMZ!"

... yup, perfect.
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
06-11-2010, 09:19 AM

that's a joke, right? those are the most ridiculous concepts ever.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #806
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

that's a joke, right? those are the most ridiculous concepts ever.
06-11-2010, 10:21 AM

This isn't RATM were talking about here, or even APC (eMotive era). They aren't going to write material about boycotting BP or Fox News. (lyrically speaking) Vicarious and Right in Two were about as political as Tool has got, but those tracks are relatively objective and not much more than Maynard's perspective of the world around him and his reaction to it.

Edit: I should add, those songs don't specifically point the finger at any person, culture, organization or political party but rather blanket everyone as being guilty. "No one is Innocent"

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 06-11-2010 at 02:36 PM..
Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #807
Level 10 - Vehement

This isn't RATM were talking about here, or even APC (eMotive era). They aren't going to write material about boycotting BP or Fox News. (lyrically speaking) Vicarious and Right in Two were about as political as Tool has got, but those tracks are relatively objective and not much more than Maynard's perspective of the world around him and his reaction to it.

Edit: I should add, those songs don't specifically point the finger at any person, culture, organization or political party but rather blanket everyone as being guilty. "No one is Innocent"

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 06-11-2010 at 02:36 PM..
mr3rdeye420
06-11-2010, 11:06 AM

lmao dude those concepts made me laugh my fuckin head off.

"Fuck Exxon, mobil, and all of the gas companies, Fuck lazy shitheads who don't wanna clean the spill up
learn to swim in oil"

ya hes got a point tho. Its Tool, not RATM haha.

maybe maynard will hint at the oil spill in a clever way, but I doubt hes gonna "give a shout out" to any1 thats fucked up bigtime in the past 5 years.

nd to all the 10k fans out there..

Imagine if they made a rosetta stoned pt. 2???

lawl
Old 06-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #808
On Probation

Bincount™: 34

lmao dude those concepts made me laugh my fuckin head off.

"Fuck Exxon, mobil, and all of the gas companies, Fuck lazy shitheads who don't wanna clean the spill up
learn to swim in oil"

ya hes got a point tho. Its Tool, not RATM haha.

maybe maynard will hint at the oil spill in a clever way, but I doubt hes gonna "give a shout out" to any1 thats fucked up bigtime in the past 5 years.

nd to all the 10k fans out there..

Imagine if they made a rosetta stoned pt. 2???

lawl
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
06-11-2010, 12:05 PM

I dont think that any of those items will be made into songs - I think for the most part MJK writes a lot of his stuff from a more personal perspective, rather than just ranting about topics in the news. I would hope thats what he does with the next recprd.

Having said that I like the fact that you are speculating about what some of the topics will be on the next record. I have thought about that one a lot and nothing really jumps out. Lets be honest, we all knew that MJK would have some material about his mothers passing before 10kd was released.

This kind of speculation is a crapshoot of course (who could have predicted "Rosetta Stoned"?) but entertaining simply given the fact that Tool covers a great deal of subject matter in their songs.

I encourage others to offer their own "potential song-topics" for the next record. Obviously nobody has a clue, but this could be entertaining.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #809
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

I dont think that any of those items will be made into songs - I think for the most part MJK writes a lot of his stuff from a more personal perspective, rather than just ranting about topics in the news. I would hope thats what he does with the next recprd.

Having said that I like the fact that you are speculating about what some of the topics will be on the next record. I have thought about that one a lot and nothing really jumps out. Lets be honest, we all knew that MJK would have some material about his mothers passing before 10kd was released.

This kind of speculation is a crapshoot of course (who could have predicted "Rosetta Stoned"?) but entertaining simply given the fact that Tool covers a great deal of subject matter in their songs.

I encourage others to offer their own "potential song-topics" for the next record. Obviously nobody has a clue, but this could be entertaining.
06-11-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimface View Post
:)
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #810
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimface View Post
:)
06-11-2010, 01:03 PM

10 years between albums would be epic
Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #811
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 929

10 years between albums would be epic
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
06-11-2010, 02:28 PM

New APC would be an awesome surprise. But please Billy Howerdell, no singing.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #812
Level 8 - Vociferous

New APC would be an awesome surprise. But please Billy Howerdell, no singing.
06-11-2010, 02:34 PM

Billy has an okay voice, at times a little stale, but I like Forever Can Be.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #813
Level 10 - Vehement

Billy has an okay voice, at times a little stale, but I like Forever Can Be.
06-25-2010, 08:35 PM

Boy this thread as really died since the tour started.

Ahem... anywho, Does anyone think that the next album will show a distancing of Tool and Alex Grey's visual style? I know Adam as well as the rest of the band have been so enthusiastic about Alex's work because the subject matter so closely deals with what Tool has dealt with. But i think it would be somewhat unfortunate to see another album with a bunch of flaming eyes everywhere.

I'm not saying I dislike Alex Grey's work... in fact I enjoy it enough that I have three posters of his art (Dying, Net of Being, and Theologue). I just think it would be too predictable for Tool to keep using his visual style so heavily.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #814
Level 10 - Vehement

Ahem... anywho, Does anyone think that the next album will show a distancing of Tool and Alex Grey's visual style? I know Adam as well as the rest of the band have been so enthusiastic about Alex's work because the subject matter so closely deals with what Tool has dealt with. But i think it would be somewhat unfortunate to see another album with a bunch of flaming eyes everywhere.

I'm not saying I dislike Alex Grey's work... in fact I enjoy it enough that I have three posters of his art (Dying, Net of Being, and Theologue). I just think it would be too predictable for Tool to keep using his visual style so heavily.
OCDT's Avatar OCDT
06-26-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
Ahem... anywho, Does anyone think that the next album will show a distancing of Tool and Alex Grey's visual style?.
Yeah I hope Tool use someone else for their art this time around. I mean I like a lot of Alex Grey's work, but it does start getting repetitive and quite predictable.

It would be cool if they let him go and took a completely fresh direction, maybe something that we wouldn't typically associate as being 'Tool'.,

On another note I've seen Tool live twice now on this tour and Maynard is sounding fucking great... so much better than he did in '06 and '07.

Really hope he gets into the studio as soon as the tour is done to nail this album whilst he's in the zone!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #815
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Ahem... anywho, Does anyone think that the next album will show a distancing of Tool and Alex Grey's visual style?.
Yeah I hope Tool use someone else for their art this time around. I mean I like a lot of Alex Grey's work, but it does start getting repetitive and quite predictable.

It would be cool if they let him go and took a completely fresh direction, maybe something that we wouldn't typically associate as being 'Tool'.,

On another note I've seen Tool live twice now on this tour and Maynard is sounding fucking great... so much better than he did in '06 and '07.

Really hope he gets into the studio as soon as the tour is done to nail this album whilst he's in the zone!
06-26-2010, 08:09 PM

Agree about Alex Grey. I know Justin is a fan of Mark Ryden and I think his style would be interesting with a tool album; but only if he re-draws what Adam gives him, kinda like the Lateralus cover.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 06-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #816
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Agree about Alex Grey. I know Justin is a fan of Mark Ryden and I think his style would be interesting with a tool album; but only if he re-draws what Adam gives him, kinda like the Lateralus cover.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
06-26-2010, 08:10 PM

A Ryden link for those who haven't seen his work.

http://markryden.com/index.html
-DXH
Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #817
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

-DXH
06-27-2010, 03:26 AM

^Hmm, interesting stuff. I could see a collaboration working there. Definitely different, but that's pretty much what I was getting at. It'd be kind of cool for even the most weathered Tool fan to pick up the next album, look at the cover and go... 'Whoa, what the fuck?' but somehow still unmistakably be Tool.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:26 AM   #818
Level 10 - Vehement

^Hmm, interesting stuff. I could see a collaboration working there. Definitely different, but that's pretty much what I was getting at. It'd be kind of cool for even the most weathered Tool fan to pick up the next album, look at the cover and go... 'Whoa, what the fuck?' but somehow still unmistakably be Tool.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
06-27-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dark Flame View Post

Link fix

Edit: hmm, i took a quick peek at some of his works, but somehow i don't think his style works for TooL. Not in the way that Alex Grey's participations did.

Last edited by Rolo; 06-27-2010 at 12:44 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #819
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dark Flame View Post

Link fix

Edit: hmm, i took a quick peek at some of his works, but somehow i don't think his style works for TooL. Not in the way that Alex Grey's participations did.

Last edited by Rolo; 06-27-2010 at 12:44 PM..
nicens little
06-27-2010, 01:43 PM

How many dead frogs can i fit in this backpack?
Old 06-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #820
Banned.

How many dead frogs can i fit in this backpack?
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
06-28-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:

Perhaps a bit more H.R. Giger?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #821
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

06-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Link fix

Yeah, I don't think that fits Tool at all
Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #822
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Link fix

06-28-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
That would be pretty bitchin.

Quote:
It doesn't. That's kind of why it might be interesting to see if you could get Adam to have him meet in the middle somewhere. I mean... this wont happen. Or if it did, I doubt it would be used for Tool artwork. But it would just be cool for them to collaborate with someone "different".

By the way, did you guys also check out the Blood paintings he did? Those are definitely of the more disturbing nature.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #823
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
That would be pretty bitchin.

Quote:
It doesn't. That's kind of why it might be interesting to see if you could get Adam to have him meet in the middle somewhere. I mean... this wont happen. Or if it did, I doubt it would be used for Tool artwork. But it would just be cool for them to collaborate with someone "different".

By the way, did you guys also check out the Blood paintings he did? Those are definitely of the more disturbing nature.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
06-28-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
This could be interesting.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #824
Jedi Master

Quote:
06-29-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Absolutely, his work is very "Tool-ish"
Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #825
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Absolutely, his work is very "Tool-ish"
06-30-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Giger & TooL,
hmm Ænima era.

nice concepts above, made me laugh.
You mean Giger would fit Aenima era better?

That all depends on which direction they take this next album. Personally, I think it could be good if they took a slightly darker approach and with the "supposed rainforest samples for the mandala pads"...in my mind it could all go together very well. Kind of like ok, we're done trynig to warn you and enlighten you, now fuck you all attitude.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #826
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Giger & TooL,
hmm Ænima era.

nice concepts above, made me laugh.
You mean Giger would fit Aenima era better?

That all depends on which direction they take this next album. Personally, I think it could be good if they took a slightly darker approach and with the "supposed rainforest samples for the mandala pads"...in my mind it could all go together very well. Kind of like ok, we're done trynig to warn you and enlighten you, now fuck you all attitude.
07-01-2010, 09:35 AM

roggs was refering to this i think... http://toolvinyl.com/wp-content/uplo...04/aenima1.jpg which i always wondered if it was giger. It's Cam isn't it? can't remember, don't feel like looking it up.

Roggs do laf, i was born this way.

.......... ^ You see that? I'm fucking horrible with typos. That's supposed to be don't. I'm gonna leave it that way as a monument to my stupidity.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 07-01-2010 at 08:43 PM..
Old 07-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #827
Level 10 - Vehement

roggs was refering to this i think... http://toolvinyl.com/wp-content/uplo...04/aenima1.jpg which i always wondered if it was giger. It's Cam isn't it? can't remember, don't feel like looking it up.

.......... ^ You see that? I'm fucking horrible with typos. That's supposed to be don't. I'm gonna leave it that way as a monument to my stupidity.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 07-01-2010 at 08:43 PM..
07-01-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:

I thought that might be what he was referring to and while it's somewhat reflective of Giger's work, I don't believe that actually is his.

Here's a few examples:

http://www.anitastaehli.ch/wp-conten...er-300x223.jpg

http://mespenseesmavie.hautetfort.co...ronom_iv.3.jpg

http://www.autographzone.de/aliens/Giger_HR.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ger-poster.jpg
Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #828
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

I thought that might be what he was referring to and while it's somewhat reflective of Giger's work, I don't believe that actually is his.

Here's a few examples:

http://www.anitastaehli.ch/wp-conten...er-300x223.jpg

http://mespenseesmavie.hautetfort.co...ronom_iv.3.jpg

http://www.autographzone.de/aliens/Giger_HR.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ger-poster.jpg
07-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Right, it doesn't have the bionic quality of Giger's work.

As it happens, I'm watching the making of Alien right now, just to see the design process of the alien by Giger... fascinating stuff I must say.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #829
Level 10 - Vehement

Right, it doesn't have the bionic quality of Giger's work.

As it happens, I'm watching the making of Alien right now, just to see the design process of the alien by Giger... fascinating stuff I must say.
tummy_sticks
07-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Todd McFarlane lol
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #830
On Probation

Bincount™: 472

Todd McFarlane lol
07-02-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy_sticks View Post
Todd McFarlane lol
...they should use Rainbow Brite
Old 07-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #831
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy_sticks View Post
Todd McFarlane lol
...they should use Rainbow Brite
07-06-2010, 10:09 AM

This david ho guy looks really good with tool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtKo...eature=related
Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #832
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 567

This david ho guy looks really good with tool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtKo...eature=related
07-20-2010, 07:09 PM

Maybe this thread will pick up some steam, with the summer tour ending and all. This thread is waaaay too hidden though...Perhaps a mod can create a main thread for new album speculation/talk/news?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #833
Level 7 - Loquacious

Maybe this thread will pick up some steam, with the summer tour ending and all. This thread is waaaay too hidden though...Perhaps a mod can create a main thread for new album speculation/talk/news?
07-21-2010, 09:40 AM

...perhaps...
Old 07-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #834
Level 12 - Scurrilous

...perhaps...
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM

... and perhaps monkeys will fly out of my butt, CH-YEAH! RIGHT!

PARTY TIME! EXCELLENT! SHWING!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #835
Level 10 - Vehement

... and perhaps monkeys will fly out of my butt, CH-YEAH! RIGHT!

PARTY TIME! EXCELLENT! SHWING!
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
07-21-2010, 11:14 AM

I know that Maynard has said before (and this has been mentioned several times on this thread) that they would play until they die...and as we all know, a lot of what Maynard says is to be taken with a grain of salt, but some things are absolutely truth and I believe this is one of those true things.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 07-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #836
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

I know that Maynard has said before (and this has been mentioned several times on this thread) that they would play until they die...and as we all know, a lot of what Maynard says is to be taken with a grain of salt, but some things are absolutely truth and I believe this is one of those true things.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
livid star's Avatar livid star
07-21-2010, 04:37 PM

So can someone shed some light here....

Where might a rumor such as: ''Tool's next album is gonna be called 4th eye" originate from?!

A rather intelligent person told my husband that piece of "news."

Anyone care to speculate?!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #837

Bincount™: 3

So can someone shed some light here....

Where might a rumor such as: ''Tool's next album is gonna be called 4th eye" originate from?!

A rather intelligent person told my husband that piece of "news."

Anyone care to speculate?!
07-21-2010, 04:54 PM

it's gonna be called 5th eye
Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #838
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

it's gonna be called 5th eye
07-22-2010, 09:41 AM

It's gonna' be called "Bieber Fever"
Old 07-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #839
Level 12 - Scurrilous

It's gonna' be called "Bieber Fever"
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM

My cousin is a pharmacist and he told me the next album will be coming out in the spring of 2011 and will feature vocals from Alex Grey!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #840
Level 8 - Vociferous

My cousin is a pharmacist and he told me the next album will be coming out in the spring of 2011 and will feature vocals from Alex Grey!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply