opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 01-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
APT
Jörmungandr

Bincount™: 929
You

A pleading overture
Hesitation stood no chance
Against mesmerized naivety
It didn't matter
I knew we could handle
I knew we could endure

I thought I knew you
better than anyone
I didn't know you
better than yourself
I'm sorry you don't know
The true power of the will
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
-Vince Lombardi
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: You

A bleeding orbital
deep in white, a mind
the needle pushes
detriment, disillusionment

The needle tears the whole
this time, my heart, not my arm
I would pray for it to end
but I have no will to spend

Aboulia

Aboulia or Abulia (from the Greek "αβουλία", meaning "non-will"), in neurology, refers to a lack of will or initiative. The patient is unable to act or make decisions independently. It may range in severity from subtle to overwhelming. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aboulia)

In the human this area is known as ventral anterior cingulate area 24, and it refers to a subdivision of the cytoarchitecturally defined cingulate cortex region of cerebral cortex (area cingularis anterior ventralis). It occupies most of the anterior cingulate gyrus in an arc around the genu of corpus callosum. Its outer border corresponds approximately to the cingulate sulcus. Cytoarchitecturally it is bounded internally by the pregenual area 33, externally by the dorsal anterior cingulate area 32, and caudally by the ventral posterior cingulate area 23 and the dorsal posterior cingulate area 31. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brodmann_area_24)

The true power of will.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: